Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: 1000ctChange

on December 2, 2002
If you are installing 2 1/4" hardwood flooring, one box(1000 nails) is needed per 100 SF - nailing every 6-8"
22 comments58 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2006
The 2" cleats were great floor nailing down the bamboo flooring the we had. We could not be happier. We had no problem with the cleats going in straight and feeding throught the nailer. The porter Cable nailer is also an awesome piece of equipment. I would reconmend it to all. The price of the cleats was very fair and reasonable.
on October 5, 2010
I used these to secure down 3/4" thick Bruce Oak hardwood floors, they penetrate the flooring and the 3/4" subfloor with approx. 1/4" protruding below the subfloor. They hold very tight which is perfect. No complaints with these nails.
on October 5, 2013
Less than I week ago I received two boxes of these nails in perfect condition! Maybe I got lucky on the packing, but now I discover that Amazon won't ship them due to customer complaints. What's the deal?
As for the product, I've always had good luck with these Bostitch hardwood flooring nails. Our local sorry big box hardware store stopped carrying this quality brand, and substituted some sino-shabby brand. I don't have to tell anyone who has put in all the time and labor to install a "real" 3/4" hardwood floor how minor the cost of nails is. And how critical they are to your project.
Maybe the cut-rate brand is just as good - but I'm not about to risk my project!
As for packing the nails - not rocket science. The little boxes are quite heavy and need to be immobilized in the packing. If they bounce around inside a bigger shipping box the nail strips will obviously separate and disintegrate. Based on some of the (many) items I get from Amazon, I wonder if they provide any sort of training to their packing staff.
But please start selling them again - wrap them in copies of the Washington Post and solve two problems! The price is very good - as evidence by the exhorbitant alternate price now in effect.

Update: 10/12/13: I ordered another box of nails and they came all broken up! :( Evidently Amazon did not listen to my sage advice about "immobilizing" the box of nails in the shipping box. There was a 2" gap at the end of the nail box, the end blew open, and the nails fell out and the strips got broken into 1/3rds or so. At the very least, Amazon, wrap the nail box tight so it won't fall apart during shipping. It is only cheap cardboard!!
on March 13, 2015
when i open it. It's like this.
review image review image
on March 25, 2014
I should have known better as several reviewers mentioned the same problem, but I tried it anyway. My package arrived completely busted within the shipping box, with all nails ripped from their strips. I used it anyway, only because I needed it that day. Next time, I'll go to Lowes.
on December 28, 2010
This is by far the best price I have seen for these nails. I did have to return the first shipment because it wasn't packaged properly and the nail strips were all broke apart, but they paid for return postage and shipped a new box out right away.
on December 22, 2010
As to quality---they are nails. Good nails. But buy them through Amazon. They cost nearly twice as much in the home-center type stores. And the smaller hardware stores often do not carry flooring fastners. I am using these in a Ramsond floor nail gun and they work fine.
on September 12, 2009
After driving more than 20,000 of these puppies into hard maple flooring with a manual Bostitch floor nailer and never once having a nail bend or jam, I can without reservation say these Bostitch nails are far superior to Brand X nails.
on March 24, 2010
The nails arrived in pieces. The shipping container was sub par and thus they were almost impossible to use. The shipper was the problem not the nails. I was unable to use half of the nails....