Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$1.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 14, 2015
Everyone already knows that this tape is good and "magical".

I think that Merlin was probably the inventor and first user.

I'd like to thank Merlin for providing this magical product just for me to reach the free shipping minimum.

Thanks Merlin!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon February 15, 2016
 If you're just looking for tape to occasionally use around the house, I'd suggest you save a few cents on a multi-pack of generic clear tape. But if you're looking for the benefits of Magic tape, this is the way to go. Note that this is narrow, 1/2" tape. You can get 1" clear tape that is much wider, if that's what you want.

What's so "magical" about this tape?

1) This tape is not 100% clear, but instead somewhat smoky, opaque, frosted, or "matte" in it's finish. This makes it SO MUCH EASIER to see if you have strips on something you want to remove. It also means that there is no glare or reflection off this tape. So in certain applications around the office (or even in photography), this matte finish is desirable

2) Writing on this matte-finish tape is far superior to writing on glossy, regular clear tape. This is a bit hard to describe, but I attempt to demonstrate this in my video. The tape simply takes up the ink better than slick tape. So if you ever need to write on your tape, this is the "magical" ability of this tape.

Everything I've said is clearly coming at this tape from the perspective of someone who has a high attention to detail. This tape is great for scrap bookers and serious office workers. If you're just "looking for some tape," the "magical" qualities of this tape might just be lost on you. But if you want some special tape, this is the way to go.

.................
This product was NOT given to me as part of any promotion. I bought it after doing some comparison shopping and this review is entirely the result of my own opinions and use of the product.
This is the classic scotch tape from 3m. Has so many uses. This is one of life's staples that you must always have on hand. How many things have practically unlimited uses. May not save your life, but it can save the day. 450 feet in length that is half an inch wide.
This has been my favorite tape for years...which is why we probably call "tape", "scotch tape"!
It simply is better then the others in my opinion. It feels better, it doesn't yellow, it is very easy to wrap presents with, it is almost invisible, you can write on it, and probably thousands of other things.

Does it cost a few cents more? Maybe, but it is the quality you are paying for. :)
Plus, I am use use to saying "can You tell me where the scotch tape is please"?
on May 29, 2015
This tape is very sticky and a great adhesive. The package is also a very lovely shade of green. I was slightly disappointed by the lack of magic in the tape itself. However, if you just want to adhere one surface to another, this will do the trick.
on October 30, 2015
Scotch tape... it's a classic for a reason. Works great for your taping needs. This is the perfect little item to throw in your cart when you're just shy of getting your add-on items! You can never have too many rolls of this stuff lying around especially so close to the holidays!

Things I love about this tape:
* It's sticky,
* But only on one side...easier to get off fingers
* Holds things together .... because life is hard
* Packaging is green ... so peaceful

Things I don't love about this tape:
* Not *ACTUALLY* magic... trust me... I tried.
* Always getting lost! I can never find it!
* Scares my dog... but he's weird and is scared of everything, so...

Pros outweigh the cons! TAPE!
on October 16, 2014
perfect width for all your daily taping needs. One side is sticky the other side is not. In case you get the sticky side stuck on your fingers it is not that bad to pull it off.

I took the green cardboard part off when it arrived. That part is not necessary
on July 14, 2014
Interesting product. It is clear, comes in a rolled strip, and even has an adhesive on one side. I figured that if I bought it, then I could probably find some use for it. It wasn't strong enough to mend my torn pants, and nor is it suitable for affixing a hamburger to its bun. But it is a curious conversation piece, so I leave it on the coffee table to impress my guests.
on December 15, 2014
We all have probably used scotch tape at one time or another in our lives, and have many different preferences based on brand. I find the Scotch Magic tape effective for all of my household needs. I love the original matte finish, and invisible tape that is beneficial when you are handling projects, using for household needs, and I would state it is my preferred scotch tape.

I like the fact that I can write on the scotch tape with a pen, pencil or a marker. I purchased this product through the Add-On Item Program. When I seal an envelope, I love to add scotch tape, and the invisible tape gives the envelope a nicer look, rather than to have the scotch tape protruding on the envelope. The Seller described this product accurately.

I love using it on torn or worn documents without anyone recognizing the tape seam. I would recommend this product to others, and Amazon Customers. Packaging and delivery was great. Great for torn photos, and best of all, made in the USA.
on January 4, 2015
I have a policy of buying too much tape. This way, I never have to wonder where the tape is...because it is everywhere! This Amazon add-on item is helping in my pursuit of tape with 450 inches of Scotch Magic in its office-friendly matte finish for around one dollar and fifty-nine cents. That's just what I would pay at my local retailer. I love shopping Amazon's add-ons for such small items that keep me from having to waste gas running to the store.

And, yes, Scotch tape is good tape. I'm not that snobbish about my tape brands. To be honest, I would have paid the same for a generic. However, Scotch is easier to peel up and reposition, which can be a useful quality. Also, this is "not" the shiny gift-wrapping tape. For that, go here:

Scotch(R) Gift Wrap Tape, 0.75 x 300 Inches, 3 Pack (311)