Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Package Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$1.59+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 6, 2011
Although this tape works wonders in joining things together, seemingly magically, the tape is not magical. I did try to rub it to see if a geenie came out. Nothing. Put some on a carpet and tried to fly of my roof. Nothing. Put some in a top hat, said abra cadabra but only found the tape. No bunny. If you need to join say two peices of paper together, seemlessly and easily so that it looks like "magic" is holding them together, then this is the tape for you. If you want to make an elephant disappear, use something else.
33 comments39 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This has been my favorite tape for years...which is why we probably call "tape", "scotch tape"!
It simply is better then the others in my opinion. It feels better, it doesn't yellow, it is very easy to wrap presents with, it is almost invisible, you can write on it, and probably thousands of other things.

Does it cost a few cents more? Maybe, but it is the quality you are paying for. :)
Plus, I am use use to saying "can You tell me where the scotch tape is please"?
This Matte Finish "Magic" Tape is so much better than the generic types for most uses. It goes on totally clear on most paper, it is very strong, and the matte finish doesn't easily reflect light so it doesn't draw attention to itself.

The brand name "Scotch" has become a "proprietary eponym" for this type of clear tape, along the same lines as Band-Aid, Kleenex, and Saran wrap for their respective products. This generally happens only when a product is the best of its kind and has become the de-facto standard. This is certainly the case for Scotch Tape.

It may cost a little more, but it generally worth it. Highly Recommended!
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2014
It is scotch tape. Works great for all scotch tape purposes. Doesn't have magic but adhesive holds up pretty well.
on May 30, 2012
Mrs Daz found that she was spending a fortune at the beauty salon. With the present crisis in world capitalism, we have had to make cuts somewhere. This handy roll of tape is excellent for removing unwanted hair above the top lip and saves us so much money. Mrs Daz swears by it - and I must admit she did swear at it when she used it to trim her bikini line before our annual trip to the seaside.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 14, 2015
Everyone already knows that this tape is good and "magical".

I think that Merlin was probably the inventor and first user.

I'd like to thank Merlin for providing this magical product just for me to reach the free shipping minimum.

Thanks Merlin!
on October 16, 2014
perfect width for all your daily taping needs. One side is sticky the other side is not. In case you get the sticky side stuck on your fingers it is not that bad to pull it off.

I took the green cardboard part off when it arrived. That part is not necessary
This is the classic scotch tape from 3m. Has so many uses. This is one of life's staples that you must always have on hand. How many things have practically unlimited uses. May not save your life, but it can save the day. 450 feet in length that is half an inch wide.
on January 10, 2013
Magic? Criss Angel's got nothing on this tape! So I had this piece of white paper sitting under a paper weight so that it wouldn't fly away right? So I'm drunk, and I get this hilarious joke I want to tell, but no one is around. What to do?? I frantically yanked at the paper so that I my write down the most amazing joke known to man and so that I may be forever immortalized. So anyway, when I pull at the paper, it rips in half! After cursing at the paper and waving my fist at it for about 10 minutes, I look up to the heavens and pray for an answer to my dilemma. Just then, I look to my left and see a roll of Scotch Magic Tape. The room dimmed and light shown from it's beauty and magnificence. I fully read the directions, and then pulled a piece of this magical wonder and applied it between both pieces of paper. What happened next, you won't believe. The paper became one again! I couldn't believe it! After I came to, I got up and scrambled to the paper, only to not find a pen. By that time I didn't care anymore. Scotch Magic Tape had saved the life of my paper. To this day I still have that paper and I tell the tale so that others may save the life of a paper in the future. Thanks Scotch Magic Tape!!
on July 31, 2013
I use this for taping things together that are separate and should be together. I recommend it to anyone who has things they want to tape together.