Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

on February 7, 2014
Well, I've had and/or used Cross Pen and Pencil Sets since maybe the early 70's and I really like them. They usually last me about 18-months cause as soon as I take my eyes of it, it's gone! .....never had a mechanical failure so I never got to test the lifetime warranty! they usually get stolen or misplaced long before they wear-out!
This set seems to be a new version from the mechanical pencil standpoint. The pen is the same.
The pencil now shares EXACTLY the same barrel mechanism as the pen. The pencil drive mechanism has been totally redesigned so that it fits the standard pen barrel and poses as a pen-refill replacement, which they brand as the "switch-it - pen to pencil converter". I am disappointed in this new pencil's mechanical function (I'm sure it's a great production-cost saving), as I much prefer the positiveness and predictability of the old design and it"s ability to store spare pencils within and further, since both barrels are EXACTLY the same, there's no way to differentiate the pen from the pencil until one extrudes the point. In the traditional sets, the pen had a black dot at the top and the pencil had none (easily discernible looking down at one's pocket), along with a much narrowed business-end. Now both have the same barrel assembly and black dot. Further, the new eraser is awful TINY!
My pen shipped with a medium black refill and one graphite in the "switch-it" mechanism.
These are the only reasons I drop the score-rating to 4-Stars ......otherwise, same superb Cross craftsmanship, feel and elegance and I continue to buy and use them.
on July 29, 2014
Both pieces look very nice and have decent "weight and feel". However, the pen came with an ink cartridge that leaks a bit. The pencil has a different mechanism as other Cross pencils that I've had in the past. With this one, it is necessary to rotate the cap back and forth to advance the lead in steps. With the "other" one, it is only necessary to rotate it on one direction continuously. I prefer the "other" mechanism (the original).
on March 27, 2008
I've used this pencil about 5 years, and I lost it about 4 months ago. I bought another one right away, and this also works best for me. It gives me very smooth and comfortable writing! highly recommended! Also, great price!!!
on December 8, 2007
Cross Tech3 Lustrous Chrome Mutli-Function Pen with Black and Red Ball-Point Ink and .05mm PencilCross Classic Century Medalist Ball-Point Pen and .05mm Pencil Set In Polished Chrome with 23 Karat Gold Plated Appointments
I am very satisfied with both products.Not only are they well made, but work very well. I am especially pleased with the multi function pen because of its flexibility.
on August 12, 2014
These are beautiful pens. I used them as Groomsmen gifts. I had to have one replaced when we tried to have them engraved. That didn't work well at all. The pen started to peel. I am not sure if that is the pen or the jeweler as they have the usual space for engraving that all Cross pens have. But they were a huge hit. And every young man should have a fine pen and pencil set.
on May 7, 2011
I had a yellow gold Cross pen for years and I misplaced it. So, I purchased this Cross pen and pencil set. I love both. Once I became accustomed to using my shiny Cross pens, nothing else would do. I did eventually find the original gold pen so now I have two. Love it!
on June 12, 2013
This is a good looking and quality pen & mechanical pencil set. I've always been satisfied with Cross products thus far, and these weren't any different. The silver with gold accents looks great and gives the set a sort of luxurious look and feel to it. Although simple in design, again, it looks classy and luxurious. No complaints here...
on October 10, 2014
I gave this as gift and I was disappointed to learn that it was not a pen and pencil set as advertised. The product was taped shut as if it was a return or used set. Inside was two pens one without ink. Because I live overseas I do not want to deal with a return. Buyer beware that you may not get what you purchase!
on February 15, 2011
Hi just to let you know than both caps came the same there is no way to know wich one is the pen or pencil normally the pen haves a black dot in the cap.and the pencil nothing. Thanks
on May 9, 2011
In the description of this product, it says pencil is 0.5mm however the one I received is 0.7mm. Also I had the same exact pencil a year ago which I lost (that's why I bought it again) and that pencil had no dot on the cap however this one have the same cap as the pen which make them indistinguishable.