Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 28, 2007
I've used this respirator for over a year when using very strong cleaning fluids at home and airbrushing enamel, lacquer, and acrylic paints (some of them highly toxic). It has performed extremely well and has not let me down--I have not smelled or tasted any of the fumes at all. The mask is comfortable to wear for short or medium periods of time (up to two or three hours or so, in my case) and is fairly lightweight--I have not needed to wear it for longer, so I can't say how comfortable it would be after eight hours. It does not obstruct my vision and is compatible with my eyeglasses (a big plus for me). The straps are easy to adjust and allow you to get a good airtight seal while maintaining comfort. Breathing through the filters is a bit hard, but easier than with other respirators I have worn. The only drawback I've had is moisture condensation inside the mask, but I have yet to find a respirator that doesn't have this problem.
0Comment|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2009
I've had to use a respirator at work numerous times before and was initially a bit apprehensive buying this one for personal use. It only came in a one-size-fits-all. However, it fit perfectly and is relatively comfortable to wear. Even after several hours of work with the respirator on, and my face turning sweaty and greasy in the process, it still does a good job protecting my lungs (as evidenced from a breathe-in test while covering the cartridges). The bridge of my nose doesn't turn sore, as it used to be the case wearing a different brand of half-face respirator with combination cartridges.
I exclusively use the respirator for dust protection, and I believe the investment (it's actually one of the less expensive ones I came across) is well worth my health in the long run.
on February 27, 2011
I'm a woodworker. In my workshop I have tried 3 or 4 different versions of paper dust masks. Ones with valves, ones without valves...none of them ever got a very good seal and all of them eventually started to fog up my prescription safety glasses. I also always found myself struggling to keep my glasses resting comfortably on my nose with the mask as the two battled for the same space.

The MSA respirator was exactly what I needed. Not only does it keep the fine sawdust and fumes from my finish applications out, it fits snug, never fogs my glasses and doesn't compete for space on the bridge of my nose. Occasionally some moisture will build up inside, making the flap give a little 'pop' each time I exhale, but that's only sometimes and is really a small trade-off for all of the problems I've had with other dust masks.

The first week was a bit rough on my nose as the mask was still in 'out of the box' condition, but now it fits my face like a glove. I can't recommend it enough and never step foot in my shop anymore without it.

As with any dust mask, the cleaner shave you have, the better seal you will get.
on April 30, 2010
Can't believe I haven't had one of these before. No more choking on sawdust. Easy to put on and take off. Also good for sounding like Darth Vader when playing with the grandkids. Don't know how it works on chemicals, but in the workshop, a mask like this is a must. WAY better than those disposable paper things.
on October 15, 2009
Used while spray-sealing our fence on a warm day. Was quite comfortable and I couldn't smell any fumes. Did not get overly warm while wearing it and breathing was easy. Huge improvement over the paper-type masks.
on May 7, 2010
The mask fits well and adjusts very easily. I used it when I put insulation in and when I finished walls with sheet rock and mud and tape. The filters work really well in keeping you from inhaling the dust from the sheet rock when cutting out openings with a router, and from sanded joint compound. Also keeps one from inhaling fibers of the insulation.
on July 10, 2013
I got this mask for cleaning purposes because the chemicals can be so intense when in small rooms like the restroom in my house. It worked very well and allowed me to breath without issues.
on January 30, 2010
This is an awesome product, but as with any heavy-duty respirator one ends up sounding like Darth Vader while trying to breath through one. Nevertheless, this is highly recommended for any demolition job (especially lath and plaster), drywall sanding et cetera.
on December 13, 2010
This is my second MSA respirator. The first one kept contaminants out of my body, but the elastic strap lost its stretch. Had this one for ab out a year and have had no problems at all. I use it when spraying my roses, and due to the odor of the spray, I can always tell if there's a leak. There is none (even though I have a beard). Very pleased with the respirator.
on August 13, 2010
Product worked well for me for awhile. I actually really liked using it.

After a few months of general usage, the mask piece itself broke on me. One of the plastic clips which attached the straps to the mask snapped became unusable. I might have received a defective item, based on the other reviews for this product. But overall I am very dissatisfied with the quality of this piece of safety equipment. I'm probably going to buy another mask unit, but not from MSA.

-Valkyrie