Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size: 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml|Change
Price:$3.20+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on April 26, 2012
These Bloodworms are great and not all squished like the ones you typically see at fish stores. I bought them for my fire bellied newts and so far they love them! One great aspect of these bloodworms is that they do not cloud the water if your creatures don't eat them like pellet food does. Also they are extremely healthy for your fish/newt/pet so try these out and you wont be disappointed. I'm going to try to upload pictures as well so you can see the size.
review image review image review image
on April 10, 2011
I'm new to the betta experience but did heavy research before I bought one..I wanted to give my fish a variety of food..So I bought these blood worms as a snack a couple of times of week.. So I put them in 1 by 1(only 2) and he gobbles them up with no problems. I also want to mention that this has a heavy allergy alert,so be advised..I use tweezers to put them in so I don't use my hands.. My betta goes crazy for these,it's like chocolate for women :) Just remember this is a snack,not a daily food rotation..2 to 3 times a week max feeding these blood worms.
on November 16, 2012
All I can say is that my daughter's fishes love this freeze dried bloodworms! You could see them searching for more after eating it in 2~3 minutes.

Here are the list of the fishes:
- 4 Fancy Guppies
- 6 Neon Tetras
- 2 Red Cap Oranda

Note: This is not an everyday food for the fish, just 2~3 times a week as per can. And there's also a warning about allergies. So if your an allergic person, please do more research before buying this type of fish food.

"FOR ADULT USE ONLY *** KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN - WARNING: ALLERGY ALERT! THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS INSECT LARVAE WHICH MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTION IN SOME INDIVIDUALS. IF SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGIC REACTION OCCUR (SUCH AS HIVES, ASTHMA, WHEEZING, RED OR IRRITATED EYES OR SKIN, RUNNY NOSE OR SNEEZING), DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN. AVOID ALL USE IF SYMPTOMS REOCCUR. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU SUFFER FROM ASTHMA, HIGH FEVER OR ARE KNOWN TO BE ALLERGIC TO INSECT LARVAE. HOBBYISTS AND HEAVY USERS SHOULD USE SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS NOT TO TOUCH OR BREATH DUST OF PRODUCT. CALL 1-800-526-0650 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. HEAVY USERS CAN POTENTIALLY BECOME SENSITIZED TO THIS PRODUCT."
on May 30, 2013
These are a good food source, and fish love them, but the process that Tetra uses for these Bloodworms is known to cause severe allergic reactions. If you don't believe me, just type it into Google there are several cases of people being rushed to the hospital due to the allergic reaction of this product.

I have had this happen to me, several other manufacturers do not put a warning on their bloodworms, and I have had no problems with them, but this product has a WARNING on the label for a reason!

Now you know, be careful with this product!
on August 10, 2012
these bloodworms were devoured by my betta fish the very first time I put them into the tank.

I would recommend only four/five at a time until the fish eats all of them up. Otherwise, the fish seems to ignore the excess.

My ghost shrimp also like these type food. Some even lift themselves to the water level (12 inches) to snag one off the top.

I will definitely keep buying these.
on March 10, 2012
I have a 30 gallon tropical community tank with gouramis and mollies. They love these worms! and I get out of touching live ones (yuck!) I have not had an allergic reaction, but my sister did. She uses a cheap pair of tweezers to feed them if I am not home.
on October 29, 2015
The happy experience outlined in the original review below ended when the LOCKING CAP mechanism stopped working. With about 90% still in the the container I can't open it. Considering all the health precautions about proper handling of the food I am not keen on cracking it open by cutting the lid off.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Quality treat that my goldfish love and comes from a responsible company which I love!
My fancy goldfish love these! Looks like these are their most favorite treats.
Note this is not a replacement for a primary diet pellets but an additional treat/snacks.
Also these bloodworms seem to last a lot lot lot longer than the Tetra baby dried shrimp which are also really good.
I love that they are Made in Germany. The Omega One stuff from China that I bought before I suspect is not as good quality. (Long story but I decided to not buy anything but Tetra now.)
Oh, also try calling Tetra USA customer service phone number sometime: you get a live person right away who loves pets, knows about pets, and most likely has an office pat at their desk as you speak with them. They also seem to be happy employees here in the USA and not in a call center in far-away land. Omega One doesn't even have a customer support option!
on December 10, 2012
My beta ADORES eating these!
He practically jumps out of the water to attack them.
Easy to feed, quantity lasts a long time.
on April 22, 2015
My fish loves these. I'd recommend using tweezers to pick out a worm to avoid grabbing too many. Open the top carefully; the child proof lid is harder to get off so you have to open carefully. I've spilled them trying to get the top off lol.
on April 18, 2016
My Central and South American Cichlids love to eat this. I give them this as a treat once a week. I put a dust mask on and latex gloves when feeding this, because of the WARNING label says possible allergies to the product(sneezing, runny nose, cough, etc...). This caused me to subtract one star for the hassle to put on protection. I subtracted another star because of the cap that won't open when I unscrew it. The yellow cap just keep on turning and not open, what a piece of crappy screw top>! I would have to force it and pry it open each time carefully without spilling it all over the place and or spill it all over myself! What a pain and a hassle! I need to find another similarly small container to put it in so to keep it fresh without leaving too much air in it.