Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 2.64-Pound|Change

on August 9, 2013
Like most young boys, I wanted a pet turtle. In 1989 my mother reluctantly granted that wish...twice. My two guys have been eating ReptoMin sticks ever since. As I grew more educated, I of course varied their diets. And like spoiled children, my two turts often balked at food outside of the ReptoMin stick variety. Oddly enough, I have even seen my one snub an off-brand stick. The new resealable bag is great. I didn't know I'd be buying this stuff for as long as I have, but it does put a smile on my face each time I restock and think about how long I've cared for these two ectothermic friends.
on June 26, 2007
I have a young painted turtle, and I had to find some food for it. I read some reviews of the ReptoMin foodsticks throughout the internet, and I figured I'd go with it. So, I go here to Amazon (because they have everything, no joke), find it in no time, and click the buy button. A couple days later, the stuff ships, and to my suprise, this isn't some small-fry food shaker. This is the mondo-ultra kingsize box when you compare it to the size of my turtle. I'll be glad in the future, because I know I won't have to reorder it anytime soon. Anyways...

I take out a couple pieces of food, and drop them in the water for the turtle to go at. Right away, the little booger turns around, sees the food, and takes after it. This stuff is like a turtle's delicious cake. Naturally, I found out that I had to soak it for a few minutes to let it soften up for the young turtle to be able to eat, but it doesn't matter to the turtle, he just loves the stuff (well, don't soak it too long or all of the flavor will dilute). He never did go through any kind of "Hmm, I've never seen this before, therefore it's probably gross. I won't eat it" type of stage. He dove right in. I've been feeding it to him for a little over a month now, and he's growing quite rapidly (I don't actually know the gender yet, fyi, you can't tell on young turtles such as this one). What can I say, he loves this stuff. I'd recommend it with full force, and when the time eventually comes, I'll buy it again.
on August 7, 2013
I feed the office red eared sliders some ReptoMin in between their semi-weekly comet buffet. They certainly gobble them up. And this is an amazing price, especially considering how much local stores charge for a just a few ounces.
on December 15, 2015
My turtle loves this food. Sticks are small enough for his tiny mouth so i dont have to brake em. I wish i could buy organic food cause im not crazy about some of the ingredients-like colorants blue 2 lake, yellow 6 lake. This food will turn water greenish brown if turtle doesnt eat it right away. This 10,59oz jar is huge and great value, much cheaper than buying in pet store. First ongredients: fish meal, wheat starch, dried ueast, corn flour, shrimp meal, wheat gluten, potato protein, soybean meal, soybean oil etc.
It has a few vitamins like riboflavin, b12, E, niacin, A, K. It's made in Germany
on August 7, 2013
While pet-sitting a red-eared slider, my husband and I found that the small turtle we are watching loves these sticks. Though we have to break the sticks into smaller pieces, because it's a baby turtle we're watching, the sticks do float for a few hours (if they aren't eaten right away) and they are easily broken to a perfect size for her little mouth. She prefers these sticks over all the other things we feed her, so they must be pretty tasty, but I would always suggest feeding real foods as well as this product, even though this is a great product, since an important key to a healthy pet is the right kind of diversity in their diet. I highly recommend this product to owners or keepers of aquatic turtles, especially red-eared sliders, since I'm especially aware of their taste for it.
on April 5, 2016
I hate the brown round pellets. They mess up my turtle tank water so bad. My red eared slider also doesn't seem to really like them so they float around and just clog up the filter. These pellets are great. I never have any issues. They float and my turtle likes them. Whatever he doesn't eat right away still holds together for a long time and he eventually gets to eat them all without the water getting muddy. I am sticking to these!
on March 4, 2016
I have been feeding this to my turtles for years and it is the best. I have had to buy other brands in a pinch a few times, but my little guys seem to love this the best. The last time I had to buy something different because the store I usually buy this from was out of the Tetra and they wouldn't eat that at all. I figured they'd eat when they got hungry enough, but when they hadn't touched it after 3 days I went and found another place that had this in stock and they were excited to eat again, so this is now the only brand I will buy for my turtles.
Also, after buying this other places, I found a place locally that was cheaper than everyone else and have been purchasing from them for about 4 years now, but it is even $3 less here on Amazon and free shipping with Prime, so this is now the place I will be going to when I need to stock up for my turtles!
on January 22, 2016
I feed this to my turtles daily and I have been nothing but satisfied with the product. I have had my turtles fro over 3 years now, 3 different kinds and of different sizes living in the same tank. They all love the food, are growing well, and are healthy. My husband and I have never had a problem with the food or the company. I like buying it off Amazon because it is the best price I can find and also the only pet store that sells the food is very far from our house. This is an easy and convenient way to get the food our turtles love and need.
on July 27, 2014
I wish I had done my research before buying this product. In fact, I am thinking of returning it after reading the ingredients list. It has tons of wheat gluten and artificial colors. I wouldn't want to eat artificial colors for every single meal and would avoid them if I could. Why should my turtle have to eat chemicals and way too much wheat and protein. I have seen reviews online and would rather get ZooMed in the future. Inform yourself here: http://theturtleroom.com/blog/2012/04/27/commercial-foods-benefitsuses-staplessupplements/
In my experience, you can save a few bucks and buy terrible food and end up paying for it later when your pet has terrible health problems. Plus, the ZooMed products are available on Amazon at a comparable rate to this product. I'm returning mine today because I'd rather give my pet a happy, healthy life!
on February 29, 2016
A descent sized canister that will last for a while. Our Red Eared Slider turtle loves these food sticks and never seems to get bored of them. We do feed other types of food, but he preferrs these the most. Food sticks can be a little long but we just break them in half and there are no choking or gagging issues. Just drop in water and they float. Speedy delivery and package arrived un-damaged. Will buy more from same seller because price is cheaper than local stores.