Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Size: 2.64-PoundPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on August 9, 2013
Like most young boys, I wanted a pet turtle. In 1989 my mother reluctantly granted that wish...twice. My two guys have been eating ReptoMin sticks ever since. As I grew more educated, I of course varied their diets. And like spoiled children, my two turts often balked at food outside of the ReptoMin stick variety. Oddly enough, I have even seen my one snub an off-brand stick. The new resealable bag is great. I didn't know I'd be buying this stuff for as long as I have, but it does put a smile on my face each time I restock and think about how long I've cared for these two ectothermic friends.
VINE VOICEon April 7, 2008
This food has kept my turtles happy since they were babies.

They love it and they are well nourished.

I also want to thank Ray Haberson of South Carolina for his continuance and loyalty to the preservation of the diamondback terrapins.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2007
I have a young painted turtle, and I had to find some food for it. I read some reviews of the ReptoMin foodsticks throughout the internet, and I figured I'd go with it. So, I go here to Amazon (because they have everything, no joke), find it in no time, and click the buy button. A couple days later, the stuff ships, and to my suprise, this isn't some small-fry food shaker. This is the mondo-ultra kingsize box when you compare it to the size of my turtle. I'll be glad in the future, because I know I won't have to reorder it anytime soon. Anyways...

I take out a couple pieces of food, and drop them in the water for the turtle to go at. Right away, the little booger turns around, sees the food, and takes after it. This stuff is like a turtle's delicious cake. Naturally, I found out that I had to soak it for a few minutes to let it soften up for the young turtle to be able to eat, but it doesn't matter to the turtle, he just loves the stuff (well, don't soak it too long or all of the flavor will dilute). He never did go through any kind of "Hmm, I've never seen this before, therefore it's probably gross. I won't eat it" type of stage. He dove right in. I've been feeding it to him for a little over a month now, and he's growing quite rapidly (I don't actually know the gender yet, fyi, you can't tell on young turtles such as this one). What can I say, he loves this stuff. I'd recommend it with full force, and when the time eventually comes, I'll buy it again.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
While pet-sitting a red-eared slider, my husband and I found that the small turtle we are watching loves these sticks. Though we have to break the sticks into smaller pieces, because it's a baby turtle we're watching, the sticks do float for a few hours (if they aren't eaten right away) and they are easily broken to a perfect size for her little mouth. She prefers these sticks over all the other things we feed her, so they must be pretty tasty, but I would always suggest feeding real foods as well as this product, even though this is a great product, since an important key to a healthy pet is the right kind of diversity in their diet. I highly recommend this product to owners or keepers of aquatic turtles, especially red-eared sliders, since I'm especially aware of their taste for it.
on August 7, 2013
I feed the office red eared sliders some ReptoMin in between their semi-weekly comet buffet. They certainly gobble them up. And this is an amazing price, especially considering how much local stores charge for a just a few ounces.
on January 10, 2011
A biologist who works with turtles recommended this to me. If you've got a lot of turtles, or one big turtle, this product is for you.
on September 3, 2009
ReptoMin food sticks is what I've been feeding my two red eared slider turtles since acquiring them two years ago. They are healthy and always eager for more sticks. It's kind of fun having them take a stick right from between my fingers though you don't want to get nipped. I briefly tried a competitive food when my local pet stores stopped carrying ReptoMin. The other brand smelled fishy which made the water smell fishy, I couldn't hand feed the pellets, and it seemed the turtles ate less too. Now I buy in bulk (2.5 lb packages) on line.
on December 16, 2010
I have 4 red ear slider turtles. Started 8 years ago with 4 oz. for about 7 bucks. 6.8 lbs is a great value should las me about 5 to 6 months.
on October 22, 2015
This is by far the best product out there for my Red Eared Sliders, aka pond sliders. It's how I got them to be near Guiness Book World Record sized in weight for their breed in captivity! I've tried other products in the 22 years I've had the 2 turtles, and they just aren't made as well. Biggest complaint against the others that I have is that they aren't made solid like these--the others disintegrate quickly in the water, leaving a lot of waste, and me having to feed them slowly, a handful at a time. With ReptoMin, (vet recommended), I dump a 1/2cup each into their area in the water, and walk away for 5 minutes, and return to all of them gone, and no waste/no mess! I do the same routine only 1/3 cup the next time, (they'll eat slower), and then like 1/4 each time after until they're not interested. Sometimes, they stop eating to go potty, and once they do that, they'll go back to eating again, so don't be deceived. I feed them only every 4-5 days, and if out of town, up to 12 days apart. Small turtles need more frequency, but I don't believe in restricting their eating. They'll eat until they're full, and stop or not eat at all if they're not hungry. They seem not to eat out of boredom, unlike me! I've seen people feed only a few pieces at a time, and I'd rather waste some, than not give them what their bodies tell them they need. I feed mine in the bathtub, which my husband & I scrub with water when we're done showering, and once they're done eating, I scrub with water after I net out any solid waste, and drain it. We have the cleanest tub in the neighborhood! But it's true, if you keep up on it, it takes no time at all. We never need to "clean" the tub/shower. If you have small turtles, I recommend a plastic tub of luke warm--feels almost cool to us, being about 77F tap water, (72F & below, they're likely not to eat, as their bodies start to shut down for hibernation when colder than that), and toss your ReptoMin into close proximity to each turtle, cause you won't want them to spend time seeking/swimming to their food & taking in more water than food. They'll bite right into the water layered with sticks. I noticed that if it takes them too long to eat, they will lose their appetite, just like me, and stop eating short of being their fullest. And then they'll be hungry again sooner than normal, too. You'll be so pleased that their tank & filters hardly need changing compared to feeding them in there, and they get true satisfaction from a happy caretaker. It's great being that Theresa & Theodora don't beg for food between feedings, so that IF one or both of them is clamoring for my attention, (they can make a lot of noise smacking that water!), they either want to get out to walk & climb around, (even though their tank has a dry area), to get their "backscratchy" (gently rub their shells, and/or lightly scratch their shell with your nails--Theresa pushes against my hand to say how hard she wants it, moving under my hand to where she wants it most), to be rubbed on their limbs/head/butt/tail and shell with Tetra cream--also the best cuticle cream ever, or so as to find a place to lay a clutch of unfertilized eggs, (usually a dark cool place like under my laundry pile on the closet floor, or under my bed, etc). They will teach you how to understand them if you pay them patience & attention. They tell me they want back into the tank even if just to pee and drink, by banging up against the stand, and then if they want back out, they'll clamor again; or if they want to eat, they'll bang up against the tub.

Enjoy your healthy babies by feeding them ReptoMin! If I feed them any treats, it's always after they have finished eating the pellets first for a balanced diet. They'll find room for greens, cucumber, watermelon, shrimp, crickets, etc, most of the time. MAKE SURE TO MAINTAIN PROPER LIGHTING SO THEY CAN DIGEST THE FOOD PROPERLY; because they literally won't process calcium fully and that is the most important thing to a turtle! Lighting is the only way to ensure healthy, solid, and gorgeous colored shells, and also so they generate eggs that won't bind & need surgically removed by a vet ($$$) or she can die, otherwise. I hope this has helped at least one person. I've saved many a turtle from their owners, who were not sure what to do with them. They're far more complicated than one would imagine, yet they're rough & tough when healthy!
on February 19, 2011
if your turtle loves food i think you should get this. i used to buy one can at a time which was burning a hole in my pocket because it expensive now that u have this tub it lasted them nearly 6 to 8 months and that is because i have 7 of them
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse