Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: 2.64-PoundChange

on August 9, 2013
Like most young boys, I wanted a pet turtle. In 1989 my mother reluctantly granted that wish...twice. My two guys have been eating ReptoMin sticks ever since. As I grew more educated, I of course varied their diets. And like spoiled children, my two turts often balked at food outside of the ReptoMin stick variety. Oddly enough, I have even seen my one snub an off-brand stick. The new resealable bag is great. I didn't know I'd be buying this stuff for as long as I have, but it does put a smile on my face each time I restock and think about how long I've cared for these two ectothermic friends.
on June 26, 2007
I have a young painted turtle, and I had to find some food for it. I read some reviews of the ReptoMin foodsticks throughout the internet, and I figured I'd go with it. So, I go here to Amazon (because they have everything, no joke), find it in no time, and click the buy button. A couple days later, the stuff ships, and to my suprise, this isn't some small-fry food shaker. This is the mondo-ultra kingsize box when you compare it to the size of my turtle. I'll be glad in the future, because I know I won't have to reorder it anytime soon. Anyways...

I take out a couple pieces of food, and drop them in the water for the turtle to go at. Right away, the little booger turns around, sees the food, and takes after it. This stuff is like a turtle's delicious cake. Naturally, I found out that I had to soak it for a few minutes to let it soften up for the young turtle to be able to eat, but it doesn't matter to the turtle, he just loves the stuff (well, don't soak it too long or all of the flavor will dilute). He never did go through any kind of "Hmm, I've never seen this before, therefore it's probably gross. I won't eat it" type of stage. He dove right in. I've been feeding it to him for a little over a month now, and he's growing quite rapidly (I don't actually know the gender yet, fyi, you can't tell on young turtles such as this one). What can I say, he loves this stuff. I'd recommend it with full force, and when the time eventually comes, I'll buy it again.
11 comment13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
While pet-sitting a red-eared slider, my husband and I found that the small turtle we are watching loves these sticks. Though we have to break the sticks into smaller pieces, because it's a baby turtle we're watching, the sticks do float for a few hours (if they aren't eaten right away) and they are easily broken to a perfect size for her little mouth. She prefers these sticks over all the other things we feed her, so they must be pretty tasty, but I would always suggest feeding real foods as well as this product, even though this is a great product, since an important key to a healthy pet is the right kind of diversity in their diet. I highly recommend this product to owners or keepers of aquatic turtles, especially red-eared sliders, since I'm especially aware of their taste for it.
on August 7, 2013
I feed the office red eared sliders some ReptoMin in between their semi-weekly comet buffet. They certainly gobble them up. And this is an amazing price, especially considering how much local stores charge for a just a few ounces.
on September 3, 2009
ReptoMin food sticks is what I've been feeding my two red eared slider turtles since acquiring them two years ago. They are healthy and always eager for more sticks. It's kind of fun having them take a stick right from between my fingers though you don't want to get nipped. I briefly tried a competitive food when my local pet stores stopped carrying ReptoMin. The other brand smelled fishy which made the water smell fishy, I couldn't hand feed the pellets, and it seemed the turtles ate less too. Now I buy in bulk (2.5 lb packages) on line.
on October 7, 2014
These pellets are the worst. We have two YBS, 2+ years old--one of them completely refused to eat this food. It softens and dissolves quickly and really mucks up the water. Finally picked up an in-house brand from one of the big-box pet stores that was only slightly more expensive, but much more palatable to the turtles, and cleaner overall.
on May 5, 2015
Decent turtle food. Happy turtles and they are very healthy been using this food for 7 years. Started buying on amazon and it ships quick. Very happy.
review image
on January 10, 2007
You can break them in half if they're too big for your turtles. I've been feeding them ReptoMin since they were newborns. They love it!
on June 11, 2013
While pet-sitting a red-eared slider, my husband purchased this product to feed it. Though it wasn't the same stuff the owner gave us to feed it, the slider likes it all the same. Though we have to break the sticks into smaller pieces, because it's a baby turtle we're watching, the sticks do float for a few hours (if they aren't eaten right away) and they are easily broken to a perfect size for her little mouth. She prefers these sticks over all the other things we feed her, so they must be pretty tasty, but I would always suggest feeding real foods as well as this product, even though this is a great product, since an important key to a healthy pet is the right kind of diversity in their diet. I highly recommend this product to owners or keepers of aquatic turtles, especially red-eared sliders, since I'm especially aware of their taste for it.
on August 8, 2011
My Red Ear Sliders aren't too picky about what they eat. However when it comes to a consistency Tetra's Reptomin sticks are the best. I tried others in large or bulk quantities and this one in my opinion, is best in food quality and consistency. I bought others and I get big clumps of sticks stuck together or product variations. The Tetra turtle sticks dissolve a little slower, giving my turtles more time to eat them whole. These sticks work great with my auto feeder, allowing more equal distribution each time it's on. My turtles are getting bigger so I had to buy bulk. Amazon has the best price around PLUS free shipping. At pet stores I've seen this 2 pound bag cost almost $50.