Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Style: Small BitesSize: 4.5 lb bagChange

VINE VOICEon July 17, 2013
We adopted a puppy at SPCA and the veterinarian there recommended this food so we bought a bag there. A few days later we went to a different veterinarian and he also recommended this food, according to him, it is one of the best products.
We are very satisfied with the food, our dog likes it and it seems to be developing with no problems.
Each bag has a chart that tells you how much food you should give your dog and how often depending on the dog's weight. So you have to be weighing your dog every week (at least we do) to make sure the quantity of food is correct.
When your doggie goes to "do his business" the "waste" comes out in a defined shape so it is not messy or liquid and the amount is not much, and not very smelly, easy to pick up. This is due to the all natural products, no dye, no preservatives in the food. Dogs are better able to digest and really benefit from the food.
Sorry to gross you out but as a pet owner you do want to know this facts.After all, you will be the one cleaning up afterter the pup.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 17, 2010
My puppy has had much better success tolerating and thriving on Science Diet compared with pricier "all natural" brands...you know...ingredients that people would also be happy to eat. But she is a dog, not a human and so if ground up chicken beaks are one of the fillers, but she is healthy and happy, I don't worry about it period. At the shelter where I got her they sell Science diet for half the price of what it is available elsewhere...gotta go get some more. Why, because my dog loves it and is healthy and happy and seeing is believing. Cheers!
11 comment16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Thank you for your post! We have recently gained access to respond to customer's post! We can assure you we would never include chicken beaks in our products. We are happy to hear that your dog is enjoying this food!

Thanks again!
on September 18, 2013
great product Great value, my Yorky popy just loves it , I will be a customer for life with great products like this one.
on May 25, 2013
This dog food is a very high quality dog food. I used to buy it at a discount store, but I get it at a better price and shipped thru Amazon.
on August 5, 2013
We use this food for our small dogs (3) which are under eight pounds. Great for their digestive system and they love it.
on May 26, 2012
Have fed our Siberian Husky this food since she was old enough to eat solid food and she still eats it just fine and is in beautiful condition.
I got Zoe from what I believed was a reputable breeder. After I saw the conditions i had doubts. I brought her home and soon after -- i woke up one morning and she was covered in poop and vomit. She only weighed 1.9 lbs in the first place. There wasn't much to loose. I took her to my vet, Dr. Gosney, the best vet in Temple, TX. She had coccidiosis. We got meds and he asked me what I was feeding her. I told him chicken and some other food. I don't remember the name but it had a very good rating. He told me that dogs can get pancreatitis from too much protein. I am a nurse and this made sense to me but I hadn't thought of it. He said that she needs a balanced diet and prescribed Science Diet. I love Dr. Gosney but I wondered if he was just selling the product for them. Alas, I was desperate and worried, so I took the cans home and with the meds and the food, her appetite very quickly returned. Soon, I got her on the dry too, which she loves. Her coat now is super shiny and she has changed tremendously from the little puppy in the picture. Lots of energy and wellness. Poops look very healthy and Zoe is energetic and in 5 seconds of my back being turned was able to chew up my expensive new towel in the bathroom on my shelf. TOWELS I CAN REPLACE. Zoe, I can't. Thank you Science Diet. I know this sounds like a commercial. I am a real person in Temple TX. p.s. i would take a fresh pic but she is napping.
review image
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 28, 2013
I originally started my puppy on Castor and Pollux which I love the ingredients but my Boston terrier had loose stills no matter what I tried. Once I switched to science diet he got a lot better. I do not like the ingredients at all and do eventually plan on mixing it with castor and Pollux and Swithing 100% and hopefully everything goes well.
My boston does not get excited about this food at all, he eats it because he's hungry, but he actually loved Castor and Pollux.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Thank you for your comments. We recently gained access to respond to customer's post. We have recently reformulated our products to contain a quality protein as the first ingredient, no by-products, artificial colors or flavors.

You can't assume a food is right for your pet simply by reading the ingredient list, because nutrients are just as important as ingredients. Making a high quality pet food requires a precise blend of ingredients to meet a specific nutrient profile based on a pet's lifestage, lifestyle or disease condition. Hill's combines nutrient-rich, high quality ingredients to create balanced foods that have been trusted and recommended by veterinarians for more than 50 years.

If you would like a product with no corn, wheat or soy, please try our Ideal Balance Puppy Food.

Thanks again!
on December 20, 2013
I bought this for my puppy as Science Diet is hightly recommended. I went on the automatic delivery program with house training pads and it came every 2 months. I was notified by email it was coming and if I needed to change the order time or amount it was easy to do though the order screen at amazon.
on March 21, 2014
My American Bulldog pup has been eating this since she was 5 weeks old. I have had no digestion issues, no allergies and it was recommended by my vet. My baby is 5 months old now and healthy (strong) as a horse.