Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: 3-Pound|Change

on October 15, 2013
I buy fairly expensive summer koi kibble from high end sellers, and bought this out of desperation when NC temperatures dropped quickly. The koi go crazy when I feed this stuff. Hopefully it's tasty AND nutritious not like fast food that your kids prefer. I'm buying another 3pound bag; the first bag lasted maybe 4 weeks for 25 koi 8-12 inches long.
on August 5, 2012
I have used this product for past 10 years and it works well as intended. Pond Fish love it. It is cheap and the food floats on the water. The fish love it.
Will do the business with the merchant again.
on October 9, 2011
Fish love this food and eat it quickly. Leaves water clear and no waste. I use this in the Fall mostly and then the Tetra Pond Koi Vibrance in the Spring/Summer. Keeps fish healthy weight and in great color. Both Koi and Goldfish love it!
on December 4, 2015
I use Tetra products exclusively for my large pond-100 + pond fish. This product bulks them up to prepare them for winter. I begin feeding them the Spring and Fall Diet in mid September each year and stop when the water temperature reaches 50 degrees. In the North East last year we have had terrible weather in January, February and March with elongated freezes and ice storms freezing over the pond. I believe this product is the reason why all but 7 of my 100 +fish survived. I have been using this product for years. In the spring I also use this product for a month and then switch back to the Tetra pond sticks.
on November 6, 2011
Tetra Pond food is a great way to feed outdoor Koi by conveniently using the zip type seal. Fish love it and the price I paid was approximately 20% cheaper than I used to pay in conventional pond shops.
on November 8, 2015
I have 10 (very spoiled) comet goldfish in my pond. This fish food container is surprisingly big, you get alot of food. The pellets are 3/8 of an inch long. My comet gold fish are between 1 to 3 inch's long. I have to soak these pellets for about 5 minutes before feeding the fish so they can eat it. I give this food 3 stars because my fish eat this food then spit it back out. They don't like it.
on November 21, 2014
The Tetra Pond Spring and Fall Diet Food is difficult to find in this size of packaging. We have 42 fish in our pond so buying a smaller size isn't worth it. The price on this size was better than what we had been paying from other retailers. Our fish seem to thrive on this food so we also use the summer version. Make sure to follow the directions very closely on the water temperature when feeding for the Fall especially.
on November 28, 2011
I've had a Koi pond for 8 years now. Prior to this year, I stopped feeding them (Tetra Koi Viabrance) after the water drops below 50 deg (Oct - Mar). My fish were fine each spring. This year I saw this online, and said what the heck, I'll give it a try. The fish will eat the stuff, but at a much lower rate than the regular season (which is normal). Problem is, this box is too big for my needs (with only 13 fish). I only saw 2 sizes, this and 7.05 ounce can, which was $10 versus $15 for this. I wish they had a package that was half this size (but bigger than can), cause the fish won't eat all of this between the fall & spring of next year. I don't know if they really need this stuff as I mentioned above, but for the price I figure it can't hurt to feed them until water hits below 40 deg.
on March 9, 2015
Koi fish seem to like this food. But then again, I think they love any food at all ;). We live in Charlotte, NC and I use this food in Spring and Fall (no feeding During winter) for several weeks while the temps are transitioning. I switch foods in the summer and they hibernate in the winter. So far, so good.
on December 16, 2012
I have used this product now for several years and it is by far the preferred food of my koi and goldfish in colder weather. The ingredients are quality and I have faith in this product. Also, and very important to me, is that the food can be eaten by just about any size koi or goldfish since it softens quickly - I have seen less than a year old small goldfish suck in a whole stick with no problem - that is certainly not possible with many foods. I also strictly follow a 3 food rule with all my animals - giving them a mix of 3 different quality foods (in this case a flake, a pellet and this stick for fall - and for summer, a higher protein pellet, a flake and Tetra Vibrance which is a color enhancing food). I can highly recommend this product and do so confidently.

See 1 answered question