Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: Giant|Change
Price:$7.07+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 29, 2010
this is one of the very few chew toys that can withstand my dog. (everything else usually winds up in little pieces within a span of about 10 minutes to a few days). these Nylabone rings can usually manage to stick around for at least a month, and during that month, it's always her favorite toy. she carries it from room to room, sometimes flipping it over her head so it looks like some kind of crazy harness bit.

other nylabone products don't last nearly as long - anything weaker than the DuraChew types, she just straight up eats and it's gone within a few minutes. the bone-shaped DuraChews, she powers through in about a week.

anyway i love it and more importantly, the dog ADORES it.. we've bought 2 and will keep buying more as she chews through them.

cautions: (1) once your dog starts to really get into it, the ring gets little barbs on it that (besides being gross), pick up fur, hair, lint, and other grossness, which your dog ends up eating. (2) once your dog breaks through the ring and it forms a really long crescent instead, watch out as when your dog flips it up, the end may catch her in the eye.
33 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2006
I really like this toy for my yellow lab puppy. He really enjoys corners, and if he can find one, he will demolish it. Regularly shaped Nylabones last around a month. This ring has been super fun! He likes to play with it a lot because it's round, so he can stick his paw in to secure it, and then chew. It's very sturdy, but there is another version of it called the "Gumabone" for younger pups. I wouldn't go over 5mos with Gumabone products. This toy is really fun for dogs, almost indestructable, it's super!
on September 27, 2009
we have a Mastiff who can chew threw most toys in minutes. We have found that she LOVES this nylabone and one bone will last a month. The fact that it is round allows her to put one foot through the loop and get a really good grip on it. She spends a couple hours a day chewing away. Also, this is a great price. At the local pet store it is twice as much.
on March 21, 2010
If you have big chewers, you know that nylabones are great and pretty tough. We're on our 4th regular nylabone and both dogs love it, so I thought I'd give this a try. I have to first mention that nylabone's definition of "giant" is way different than mine. I was expecting something 6-8" in diameter made of 1-2" thick material. I should have read more, it's actually about 5" in diameter with .5-.75" thick material. Still not bad, big enough to avoid any issues with my giant breeds.

Otherwise it's a regular nylabone, burly and apparently tasty. One fringe benefit of the shape is that without corners, the dogs tend to tear off fewer shards (the regular and galileo ones do this a lot). They don't seem to like it quite as much as a regular nylabone, but they'll play with it occasionally. All in all a good purchase.
on December 15, 2014
Calling the princess a tough chewer is an understatement. My 55 pound Pitt/Thai Ridgeback mix proved her inability to have toys shortly after the first day I brought her home. Nylabones are about the only trusted bone in the house now, and this Nyla ring is her absolute favorite! I have to replace it roughly every 8 months but you can't really put a price on the level of enjoyment she gets from it. And yes, that is a headless Nyla dinosaur in front of her in the photo
review image
on October 4, 2011
I own a 30lb Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She is definitely a powerful chewer and loves getting into things that do not belong to her, so it's great to find a toy that really holds her interest. She LOVES this ring! Also it's adorable the way she carries it around with her nose sticking through it. It's really easy for her to hold and lasts a long time. If your dog is really strong I wouldn't ever expect a toy to last forever but at this price and for the longevity of it I will continue to buy these over and over!
on June 5, 2011
I have a dog who is to say the least, a monster chewer. I'm not sure why, because he's half cocker spaniel, and half shih tzu, Not exactly what you would think a chewer would be made of, but he is honestly a MONSTER. He's chewed up just about any and everything you can imagine, from shoes, clothes (he actually ate my north face jacket- literally ATE a huge chunk, zipper and all), end tables, the WALL (I'm not sure how he managed that one), We even caught him chewing on a piece of broken glass once. Basically ANYTHING he can put in his mouth he will chew on- and ultimately, he'll eat it. Obviously this is a major problem. We watch him like a hawk, but still every couple of months I have to take him to the vet to make sure he's just sick- and doesn't have a blockage from eating something. I have spent ridiculous amounts of money buying toys that claim they are 'durable', and 'indestructible', and all of them got eaten and chewed to pieces with-in days. Then my fiancée told me to try this toy. We have the regular nylabones, but he never seems interested in them, so I was a little skeptical. But, desperate, I decided to give it a try. I'm happy to announce that this toy has indeed stood the test, and has not been destroyed! The dog loves it, because the ring he can play with it more like a toy, than a bone. I will say he isn't AS fascinated by it as some of the other toy's, (probably because he can't rip it shreds), but he does play with it. My suggestion would be to buy from Amazon, because at pet stores (like petsmart and petco), this thing is more expensive. I would recommend you give it a shot if you have a powerful chewer on your hands!
on October 6, 2008
this is one of their favorite nylabone chews. they really dig the ring shape for some reason....gonna get another right now.
on December 11, 2015
This thing is amazing. I got it one evening after sewing yet another toy that my very active chewer had destroyed. This thing gas lasted a month now, and after a ton of chewing he can still easily go another month with it. As you can see in the photos that he enjoys it very much, and offers it to me on a regular basis. He can play tug of war, hit you in the head with it, even flip it backwards on his face then whip it around hitting everything in sight. My personal favorite is the "bull nose ring" that hangs from his mouth as he offers it to you only to drag you across the room.

UPDATE: APR/17/2016:

I cant believe it, this thing is still going strong. He has lost some interest in it, but I think maybe some of the flavor is gone, or he is just frustrated that he cant kill it. He still chews on it nearly every day.... he has had this for nearly 150 days (5 months)... still plenty of mileage left! I'll be buying him another one just for him to have something new, not because it needs to be replaced.
review image review image review image
on June 16, 2012
I have a 2 year old Boston Terrier and he is full of energy and his favorite game is fetch, and I have tried various fetch toys and this one has been the absolute best for throwing, rolling and extraction from his mouth. He has a very powerful bite and my hand has been on the receiving end of a few misplaced chomps and this keeps my hand well away from his teeth. His grip is very powerful and the smooth shape of this makes getting it away from him a lot easier than other designs I have tried. When you throw it, its reaction to hitting the ground results in a pleasing amount of unpredictability that he seems to enjoy enormously. I have bought 12 of these and always have one ion the car and a few at home and the rest I will save in case they stop making them. These are also very difficult to find in brick and morter Petco and Petsmarts, and I only get them on Amazon.