Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 27, 2012
This is such a cute little toy. Unfortunately, the donkey sound it's supposed to make doesn't work very easily. You have to whack it against something to get it to make noise. It won't "bray" with normal play. My dogs love toys that make noise and I have to bang it on the floor, hard, in order for it to make the noise it's supposed to. I was dissapointed.
on January 28, 2012
I love the Kyjen toys that amazon stocks. I have bought almost all of them at this point and my dog loves them. This Donkey doesn't squeak though it makes like a loud mooing sound, a little startling the first time you hear it. Also, the sound goes off on its own, it appears to be triggered by movement and not squeezing. I can be in the opposite room with my dog and we will hear it go off on its own. Which makes it like a tracking game for my dog so I'm not bothered by it.
on December 16, 2015
This seems like a very dangerous toy to me... Our doxie puppy was able to rip the nose off this thing in no time at all, exposing fiberfill stuffing. Also, it has a hard box in the middle of it that needs to be squeezed by a human before it "talks", which is a hehaw noise.. Our doxie actually loved this thing, but it has now been taken away from her for safety reasons.. If she can rip the nose off that fast, how long before she could rip the body apart and get to that hard box in the center of it? Seems like a hazardous toy to me.. More like a cat toy or for a very docile dog..
on May 4, 2011
This is not worth the cost, it does make sounds but if you have a chewer don't get this. My dog is a larger dog but she is gentle with her toys now that she is older so the flimsiness of this is not so much an issue.
on May 10, 2014
Before we got our first dog we had my husband's cat whom I affectionately nicknamed Dawg. Even after we got our first dog the nickname Dawg still applies to the cat so I bought this itty bitty dog toy and stuck it in my husband's Christmas stocking as a joke. My husband didn't get the joke and thought it was for our dog and tossed it to our miniature horse of a dog before I could explain it was for his cat. Too late it was love at first bite so there was no taking the toy back.

All this time later the dog still loves this toy and it has held up well but that could be because our big dog is really gentle with the toy donkey. He tenderly bites down on the toy's belly because he likes the noise it makes. The toy is only missing some of the mane and tail as the dog enjoyed pulling that out but the toy itself is in great condition albeit quite dirty from being carried around in the dog's mouth.
on January 5, 2016
The donkey makes a cute sound when squeezed instead of a regular squeak like regular dog toys.
Our girl Roxy loves the little donkey guy and I bet your dog would too.

As with any toy with any kind of box or squeaker in it, supervised​ play is best.
on February 12, 2015
This had great potential (this the 4 stars) but when it arrived it was nearly dead already and after about 10 minutes no longer made sound! Going to replace batteries to see if that works! On another note though I bought the pig as well and my little yorkie loves it! The noises drive him insane! And the pig is much louder than the donkey, will update when I find batteries and switch them out! Can't beat it for the price though! :)
on December 4, 2015
Purchased for my 8 lb Mini Schnauzer for Xmas. She is going to LOVE this! I love that it doesn't squeaker, but makes a donkey sound instead. The squeaking drive me nuts after awhile, so its nice to start hearing something new :)
on July 24, 2014
This toy is very cute, and I thought our dog should have it because we have a real pet donkey. However, since our dog has nearly every other talking dog toy ever made, I know by comparison that this toy doesn't talk loudly enough. You can barely hear it. if your dog likes noisy toys, try the Flying Slingshot Howling Monkey.

On the other hand, it's a nice, well-made toy, and our doggie likes it well enough to get it out of her toy basket every day and tote it around the house. It's held up very well and has suffered no damage when the pup tries to break its neck by giving it a hard shake. After a month or two of abuse, it still looks like new.
on April 10, 2015
terrible quality. Gave it to my puppy at noon. At 6pm it stopped making sounds.Multipet toys last forever, even though my puppy removed all the stuffing out from the Multipet Birthday cake and the sound box took several hits, it never stopped playing music. i fixed the cake for her by sewing it and now it's almost new again. But the donkey is dead.

See 1 answered question