Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on September 17, 2005
Dog loves Oakley the Octopus Jr. Fun toy for him. And he has been unable to de-stuff it yet, which is a plus for me. Usually my dog ruins stuffed toys within minutes.
on January 12, 2015
ALTHOUGH THIS IS MOST LIKELY INTENDED FOR A LIL SMALLER 8 MONTH PUP AND NOT A BERNESE MT DOG PUP BUT HEY HE IS A PUP AND THIS TOY WAS DESTROYED WITHIN THE HOUR :( I DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO LAST VERY LONG BUT YA A LITTLE LONGER THAN AN HOUR FOR SURE. THE TOXIC MATERIAL MADE IN CHINA IS NOT WORTH THE POSSIBLE VETERINARY COSTS WHEN YOUR DOG BREAKS IT OPEN AND FINDS ALL THAT HORRIBLE TOXIC STUFFING AND YOU WEREN'T SUPERVISING, LUCKILY I KNOW TO WATCH MY PUPS. SHAME ON ME FOR EVEN GETTING A TOY MADE IN CHINA, I AM QUITE EMBARRASSED THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT BEFORE BUYING IT AND ONE OTHER ONE THAT ALSO WAS SPLIT OPEN WITHIN AN HOUR :( PURE CRAP I SURE HOPE THEY'LL REFUND US OUR MONEY.
review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon December 5, 2012
The dogs just love this Oakley the Octopus toy..... they run around the house with it, in and out the doggie door a hundred times a day and throw it all over the place. I love the dangly legs and they seem to enjoy them as well. It's nice and squeaky and they pass it around and around among themselves, round and round and round we go.

The tag says that the filling is made from recycled plastic bottles: "The poly fiber fill stuffing inside this toy is made from post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. This does not sacrifice our high standards for quality and safety yet, it greatly reduces the number of plastic bottles that go into landfills each year !"

I bought this as an Amazon *add on item* so it was a bit reduced in price which is always great for the budget. Every day is Christmas when you have dogs in the house !
review image
on May 2, 2011
we bought a second one for a gift, but our puppy's has lasted over six months...usually they last a few days, and the toughest last about a month...great toy.
on November 24, 2012
Our dogs love this toy more than any other! I bought one and then ordered 5 more because of the price. I figured these toys would get ripped apart and I'd go through the 6 of them in a few months but not the case, we are still using the 1st one and our two dogs play with it every single day. They aren't huge dogs but 11 lbs and 40 lbs and they use it for tug-o-war all the time.
on December 28, 2013
I bought 3 of these, 2 for Christmas gifts. My 35lb adult and 8 lb puppy border collies pulled this thing to pieces in about 3 hours leaving a squeaker as well as wads of polyester fiber all over the place. As a Veterinarian, these are the kinds of ingested materials I remove from obstructed dogs. Not worth the risk.
on March 23, 2012
My dog is a lab/pit mix and he is a very aggressive chewer. So far, this little guy has lasted three days! The squeaker even works still! I bought one for one of my shelter dogs and his lasted about a week and a half. He is the type of dog that loves to destuff things. This toy is surprisingly durable and is cheap. What more could you ask for?
on January 23, 2013
Okay, the good news is my two dogs absolutely loved this toy. The bad news is that it was destroyed within 48 hours of opening by two 12- lb dogs. ANd I mean absolutely destroyed to the point where it was only random shredded fleece, stuffing and squeaker left.
on January 30, 2015
My dog "plays" with toys by ripping the stuffing out of every one she gets. She extracts squeakers with the surgical precision of a MAYO clinic neurosurgeon. This toy's innards went just as fast. However, that doesn't mean she didn't enjoy it. I just scoop up the stuffing, smush it back in the head, and the fun starts all over again. The octopus is cute, even when eviscerated, and she enjoys nibbling on the legs of her victim.
on August 6, 2014
First, I would like to note that I paid three dollars for this toy. Three dollars. That's not very much money, and since this was an add-on item, I received free shipping. It's made out of recycled bottles, which admittedly made me a little skeptical, but it's actually pretty cool and, so far, safe for my dog.

With that said, my dog is worth three dollars of fun. Don't expect an indestructable toy for three dollars; it's also not bad for three dollars.

I understand that my dog has some destructive tendencies when it comes to plush toys, and that's okay. I wasn't expecting her to NOT rip off the tentacles -- franky, I wouldn't be buying her toys if I were unhappy about that. And, you know, despite the fact that Oakley's appendages were ripped off so easily by my dog, he's actually made out of sturdy material. My dog has yet to damage the actual body. She tried to pull off his adorable tuff of white hair, but even her ravaging hasn't put a hole in him... yet. :D

My dog loves him, and that's good enough for me.

UPDATE 8/28/2014: Oakley is still alive! He only has two tentacles now -- somehow, my dog manages to leave those two alone. Haha! I stand by my original review when I said that he is sturdy. His body is actually holding up to my dog's teeth. Just a couple of night ago, she managed to put a hole in him and pull out some stuffing, but his squeaker still works just as well as when we first got him, and he still has some fluff in him. For almost a month of daily play, I say this is definitely worth three dollars.

UPDATE 10/7/2014: RIP Oakley. I'm buying another one. My dog enjoyed him just that much.