Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon December 24, 2008
Our 9 month old boxer mix puppy loves this toy. The product is more durable than many plush toys we have given her, especially the box. Although she has managed to split open a few of the balls, the box has endured lots of use with no signs of wear. We stuff treats and other toys in the plush box also to create more variety and fun. Our favorite game with her is to take the balls once she gets them out. It adds to the life of the toy but also keeps her excited. Once she removes them all, we stuff them back in the box and start all over. She loves this game. The toy maintains a high degree of interest even after playing with it for several rounds or several days in a row. The puppy we recently adopted is a special needs dog and is extremely fearful of everything due to a severe lack of socialization. The mental stimulation of this toy has been a real plus in allaying some of her free floating anxiety. Our puppy loves this toy and we love this toy for helping her come out of her shell more. I would recommend this toy very highly for any puppy but especially for anxious puppies.
on June 26, 2003
My dog absolutely loves this toy. It didn't take him long to figure out how to get the balls out of the cube and it never fails to excite him when they get put back in. The only drawback is that like any plush toy, this toy will wear down with a lot of chewing and use. However, I do think that it's held up well, considering the amount of use it's gotten.
on October 14, 2004
This is absolutely, hands down, the best toy we've gotten for our dogs. We own three sets of these in varying sizes. Because the balls are plush, they will wear out- this is not for your destructive chewers. Our dog plays with the colored balls at least 3 hours a day. Before leaving for work, pop a couple of treats inside and you're out the door with less anxiety while they nose out the snacks.
on April 24, 2010
My puppy is 3 pounds. She's not very destructive, and is rather small (Yorkie-Bichon mix). She destroyed these balls in a few days. What comes out of them is plastic-y cottony material that she can choke on, and even better, lots of small plastic parts that are perfect for choking her to death. I'm astounded that she was able to destroy this thing in a matter of days, and even more astounded that it's full of small plastic parts just the right size to kill her. I'm more than a bit ticked. Do not buy this.
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2014
I got it on time and it's exactly as described. It's keeping my 5 month cocker spaniel busy. He enjoys puzzles so this cube is a good toy for him.
My only con is that he was able to destroy one of the yellow sides within minutes.
But overall I'm very satistied and would recommend it to other dog-parents.
review image
on June 15, 2006
For a puzzle toy, my puppy figured this one out pretty quick. He immediately shoved his whole head in the box. The difficult part was figuring out how to shake it off.

The balls are his favorite part. He is happy playing with them regardless of the box. In fact, he seems to get irritated when the balls are put inside the box.

The squeaker inside the balls isn't very durable. After a few weeks of play, they have become warped and don't squeak very well anymore if at all. The fabric on the balls seems to be holding up well.

The fabric on the box is a different story. The side openings (where you shove the balls in) are almost completely destroyed. They don't hold up to puppy teeth very well.
on July 2, 2012
Though I thought is was a good idea, My dog ate part of the main part (the cube) apart within 10 minutes. The balls are still alive! But the cube part has been pulled apart and is now her tug o war toy. This is for a dog who does not destroy toy!
on March 11, 2011
My dog already had a similar toy (the platypus where the dog takes out the squeaking eggs). It took her a while to figure that one out, but she got the idea of this one almost immediately. I give it to her, she takes out all the balls...I try to stick them back in as fast as she takes them out, so the game lasts a while, and she enjoys it, but it requires my constant input. I'm thinking about stitching up a few of the openings, which might make it a little more challenging.
on March 4, 2016
The puppy really likes getting the balls out - the intention of this toy I believe. The OCD Border Collie kind of ignored that concept (I bought this initially for her). They both like to play with the squeaky balls though - playing "tug-of-war" and "catch-me-if-you-can" with each other (with the ball in one's mouth), so I think I got my money's worth out of it.

The yellow ball has been destroyed - totally disaster in the living room (the BC was to blame, not the puppy). One of the balls is missing, but the two blue balls remain and are played with on a daily basis.
on July 3, 2015
My one Shih-Tzu can actually get all 4 balls out, but I don't think that would be typical since they have a shorter nose. Not good for shorter nose dogs, unless your Shih-Tzu is really into digging things out! Not for a pug. All the balls squeek! Watch your dog with this, I let him play with it and throw the balls and put them back in the square and after awhile take the game and put it up. I don't leave it out, this way he will continue to be interested. Also, some dogs tear toys up easy, so another good reason to watch. Puppies up until a year will tear up most any toy and most any breed, just take toys away until they "grow up" and can have them back, or throw away if they have started to tear them up! Not safe to have torn toys. I've had to toss a bag of toys my Shih-Tzu was starting to tear up. That's a small dog even!