Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

VINE VOICEon December 24, 2008
Our 9 month old boxer mix puppy loves this toy. The product is more durable than many plush toys we have given her, especially the box. Although she has managed to split open a few of the balls, the box has endured lots of use with no signs of wear. We stuff treats and other toys in the plush box also to create more variety and fun. Our favorite game with her is to take the balls once she gets them out. It adds to the life of the toy but also keeps her excited. Once she removes them all, we stuff them back in the box and start all over. She loves this game. The toy maintains a high degree of interest even after playing with it for several rounds or several days in a row. The puppy we recently adopted is a special needs dog and is extremely fearful of everything due to a severe lack of socialization. The mental stimulation of this toy has been a real plus in allaying some of her free floating anxiety. Our puppy loves this toy and we love this toy for helping her come out of her shell more. I would recommend this toy very highly for any puppy but especially for anxious puppies.
11 comment34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2003
My dog absolutely loves this toy. It didn't take him long to figure out how to get the balls out of the cube and it never fails to excite him when they get put back in. The only drawback is that like any plush toy, this toy will wear down with a lot of chewing and use. However, I do think that it's held up well, considering the amount of use it's gotten.
on October 14, 2004
This is absolutely, hands down, the best toy we've gotten for our dogs. We own three sets of these in varying sizes. Because the balls are plush, they will wear out- this is not for your destructive chewers. Our dog plays with the colored balls at least 3 hours a day. Before leaving for work, pop a couple of treats inside and you're out the door with less anxiety while they nose out the snacks.
on April 24, 2010
My puppy is 3 pounds. She's not very destructive, and is rather small (Yorkie-Bichon mix). She destroyed these balls in a few days. What comes out of them is plastic-y cottony material that she can choke on, and even better, lots of small plastic parts that are perfect for choking her to death. I'm astounded that she was able to destroy this thing in a matter of days, and even more astounded that it's full of small plastic parts just the right size to kill her. I'm more than a bit ticked. Do not buy this.
44 comments28 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2006
For a puzzle toy, my puppy figured this one out pretty quick. He immediately shoved his whole head in the box. The difficult part was figuring out how to shake it off.

The balls are his favorite part. He is happy playing with them regardless of the box. In fact, he seems to get irritated when the balls are put inside the box.

The squeaker inside the balls isn't very durable. After a few weeks of play, they have become warped and don't squeak very well anymore if at all. The fabric on the balls seems to be holding up well.

The fabric on the box is a different story. The side openings (where you shove the balls in) are almost completely destroyed. They don't hold up to puppy teeth very well.
on December 2, 2008
My two dogs love this toy. You can stuff it with the toys it comes with or you can stuff other things into it. The more you stuff in the longer it takes for your dog to get it out.
on July 19, 2009
I thought this was a silly product when my husband bought it. However, turned out that both our dogs, miniature poodles, absolutely love it. One, still a puppy at 10 months, but already much the larger of our two, wanted to grab the box and run away. The other one, a small mini, was much more dignified, and quickly figured out that the point of it was to withdraw the ball. He slowly, carefully, stuck his entire nose into the slot, put a paw on the toy, and nosed around until he was rewarded with the ball. Both dogs enjoyed this toy immensely for the first day.

After that, they seemed bored with it. I'll put it away for a couple days and then bring it out again. It's worth the money and it's fun watching how different dogs will figure out different strategies to get the balls inside.
on October 28, 2005
I purchased the IQube on the advice of our trainer. We have a 6 month old pug, who of course doesn't have a true snout. I gave him the toy and with in 10 minutes he gave up, because he couldn't get his mouth into the box to get the balls.

However, all was not lost. He loves the plush squeaky balls. We also take out the balls and hide pieces of biscuits inside of the box.

If you have a flat-faced dog (i.e. pug, bulldog), I would suggest just buying the replacement balls, which they just started sellling separately.
11 comment9 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2011
My dog already had a similar toy (the platypus where the dog takes out the squeaking eggs). It took her a while to figure that one out, but she got the idea of this one almost immediately. I give it to her, she takes out all the balls...I try to stick them back in as fast as she takes them out, so the game lasts a while, and she enjoys it, but it requires my constant input. I'm thinking about stitching up a few of the openings, which might make it a little more challenging.
on July 21, 2014
I got it on time and it's exactly as described. It's keeping my 5 month cocker spaniel busy. He enjoys puzzles so this cube is a good toy for him.
My only con is that he was able to destroy one of the yellow sides within minutes.
But overall I'm very satistied and would recommend it to other dog-parents.
review image