Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Size: 1-pack|Change

on April 22, 2013
These dust masks bear the brand name "SAS Safety Corp". Their design and size is typical of those you find in hardware stores. It is the same size as similar dusts masks made by 3M, about 4 7/8 inches tall by 5 inches wide by 2 1/8 inches from back to tip of nose. The rubber band on these masks beaks more easily than the rubber band on other brands of dust mask.

This is the type of mask that protects against "nuisance dust" and is not recommended to protect against dust from sanding or from fumes. The mask itself is as good as other masks I've used, but since the rubber band that holds the mask to your face breaks so easily, I rate the product as 2 stars out of 5 to indicate that it is below average. If you are very careful with the mask or patient enough to staple your own rubber band to it, it will be an average product.

I'm not trying to rate this box of masks as a financial deal. Prices of items on Amazon can vary a lot from week to week.
review image review image review image review image
on March 9, 2010
These have worked out better than expected and stay on snuggly by placing the string behind each ear. They have spared me from sinus headaches that I get when dust is raised, either by the vacuum cleaner, or the dirt and weeds in our desert yard. If I forget to put one on before exposing myself, I am sure to get a headache.
on November 3, 2010
Our farm hands wear these masks while mucking dusty horse stalls in our barn. They work fine and are pretty reasonably priced compared to what the box stores offer (with free/prime shipping anyway). We've been through many boxes with no complaints (until we run out).
on January 25, 2012
I'll give it a 4 since it does say it's a nuisance dust mask on the box. I don't think you would use this in a shop or work environment with lots of dust. It only has one band, so it definitely does not fit as snug as a 2 band mask. probably why it's not NIOSH approved. but it states that in the description so you can't totally fault it. good for light duty.
on December 19, 2012
This is a great mask for dust-prevention. I'm working on some sanding projects and this mask set does the trick. They don't smell funny or inhibit breathing and definitely keep particles out of your airways. Highly recommended for anyone looking for reliable protection.
on March 28, 2012
Perfect for yard work and dusty conditions. Great quality for the money. Not the thin cheap masks
that do not hold their shape. Needless to say, I am very pleased with this product.
on November 28, 2012
I use these when I clean out my cats' litter box! Otherwise all that dust gets into my lungs. Great?
on December 27, 2011
I ordered this set of dust masks because cleaning my apartment or the theater I work at can get a little messy at times with lots of airborne particles involved. There is a scent to them like others have noted but it isn't terribly overpowering to the senses. The scent actually helps out if you are working in a slightly less than fragrant area. If you decide to be thrifty and to use the same mask for an extended period of time, the scent will either fade or you will just get used to it. Worth a look for anyone that doesn't need a specialized dust mask.
on January 12, 2016
From Burning Man, to gardening, to changing gnarly diapers, these things are always helpful to have around the house. Not going to save you from that ISIS chemical attack, but will take the edge off your infants bowel barrage. I used these for real to not inhale some homemade pepper spray light insecticide, and they helped a ton!
on December 6, 2015
I've used this product for years when scooping dusty cat litter. A reasonably priced disposable mask. Recently I received a box where some of the masks has places that were so thin that I could see my hand through them! I figured this must be an anomaly, but the next box contains even more. I'm doubling them up to finish out the box but I'm looking for something else. So disappointing!.