Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Flavor Name: Gourmet BeefSize: 3-OunceChange

on October 18, 2010
Both my cats liked this flavor, even my finicky eater. Of course, there are no guarantees when buying food for a cat. You never know what they'll turn their noses up at!

I decided to buy this after researching a bunch of low protein, low phosphorous foods for my tabby who has CRF. One of the best websites out there (felinecrf dot org) listed this specific Hill's flavor as a good choice. I'm relieved my cats also like it!

You should be aware that this product is a 3oz can (the same size as a Fancy Feast can).
11 comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2013
I have a 15 yr old cat. He would throw up shortly after eating any dry cat food I tried. Switched to canned food after extensive research. With some of the cheaper store brands, problem still existed but minimally. Switched to Science Diet Mature cat....problem gone. Now both cat and I are happy. As a bonus, Amazon repeat shipping is about $2 per case cheaper than anywhere else.
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
I switched to Science Diet, mature 7+ about 2 weeks ago for cats (had tried some small cans from Petsmart). I have 5 - all between about 8 and 15 yrs. To my amazement - they love this really mushy food. It's almost like thick baby food - and like some other reviewers - it does get matted down on the dish at bit - but cats seem to still eat/lick it up) just fine. I put out both my old food (Friskies, and Fancy Feast) and they go for this. They also each much less of it. Must be much more filling. SO. even though it is more expensive than my old choice - am using about half. I now split one 5.5 oz can/and one little can for all 5. Was splitting 2 to 3 of the other brand (5.5 oz cans). Recommended.
on April 21, 2014
cat likes the food. The weight came off of him thus keeping the vet happy. His bathroom odor is reduced and no hairballs. I haven't tried it so no clue on the taste.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2014
My vet recommended this for my cats. 13 and 16 years young they are.Their heads do not come up from the bowl until they are licked clean. I have the automatic refill set up, eliminating the schlepping to the store, shopping around for the best price, all those other reasons we all shop on Amazon.
Having said that, I think I will have to start tipping my USPS carrier.
That guy is really getting a workout.
on May 5, 2013
We have a picky older cat, and he loves this stuff. He eats the whole can if we let him.
on July 27, 2011
This is my cat's favorite canned food. He'll eat the chicken flavor if my local stores are out of turkey. He doesn't care for the beef. My cat is a different (BETTER!) cat now that I have him eating this instead of the cheap stuff he had to eat before I got him.
on June 10, 2013
I am writing this on behalf of my 16 year old cat, Dusty. Dusty will not eat anything else but this brand of mature canned cat food. He eats it all up right away and leaves not a scrap behind. Dusty the cat highly recommends this food.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 6, 2014
My Kit Kat has been with me 22 years and is in good health. Unfortunately he only has 2 teeth left so feeding him and keeping him healthy has been challenging. I have found this cat food to be great - I also get the chicken active longevity. Kit loves them both and has no problem eating them. He continues to herd and discipline my two 90 +lb. Labs whenever he feels they need it LOL
22 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Thanks for your post! It sounds like your Kit Kat is still having fun at 22! We're so glad to hear he is able to eat this food, even with just 2 teeth!

Thanks again.
on April 28, 2013
My 18 year old cat recently had some blood/urine tests done and protein was found in his urine. Ultrasound showed that his kidneys were fine though, but my vet recommended a low protein diet to see if it will help with the urine. I'm hesitant to do the prescription low protein foods because (a) my cat doesn't like that food and (b) I don't think food that is that low protein is good for cats. This food is pretty low protein for a non-prescription food, about 32% of the dry matter is protein (for the turkey flavor), where RX food is below 30%. I don't like that this has meat by-products though, but I noticed that there are no low protein foods that don't have meat by-products. Also, it is very mushy and not solid like other foods, it almost looks like it's over saturated with liquid.

Bottom line: my cat will eat this food (although it is not his favorite), and it's lower protein than his old food (Triumph), so that's good enough for me. I alternate this with Hi Tor Neo canned food, which is designed to be low in protein/phosphorus, because my cat won't eat the same food for more than a certain period of time. He is a fickle pain in my butt! But I love him :o)