Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on September 5, 2014
This product really hit the spot for a couple of reasons.
First, I live in Florida and my Lab gets "hot spots"off and on all summer long. Each trip to the vet is a couple hundred dollars because they give me only enough medicine for one round of treatment so the next month or so I am back again.
Secondly, my Lab was shedding like crazy. His coat was dry and dull. When I petted him my hand would be full of hair and the floor would be covered. The other dog has much less hair but her coat was flaking.
Third, both of the dogs were eating grass - they look more like cows grazing - and they were throwing up many times a day.

I tried several other dog foods without positive results. The vet wanted to do an exploratory operation on the Lab (but not the other dog??). The pet store kept recommending dog foods predicated on price.

Finally, after several months, I bought Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin Dry Dog food and within 3 days the vomiting and grazing subsided. It took a bit longer for their coats to shine and the excessive shedding and flaking to stop.

Hope this helps.
on April 6, 2012
I made the mistake of trying to switch my dog (large breed boxer) to one of the currently trendy "grain-free" dogfoods... and he did not thrive at all. Loose stools, chronic diarrhea, weight loss, etc. 6 long months of misery for both of us before vet recommended this food. It solved all of his digestive problems; his weight is getting back to normal and his coat is shiny. He feels better too - lots of energy, doesn't have to potty as often, etc. Really happy I found a dogfood that is so gentle on his stomach.
on July 2, 2011
It's a big bag of dog food, just like it says. My dog was on the Prescription Diet for sensitive stomachs, but she has adjusted to this food pretty well and it is easier to get (doesn't require a trip to the vet) and cheaper. Give it a shot.
on January 4, 2013
I originally bought this food for my dog because of his digestive problems - namely diarrhea and, er, major flatulence issues. Science Diet took care of the problem for months, but I switched to "regular" food to save a couple of bucks. Mistake. The diarrhea problem was gone, but the other problem remained so it was right back to Science Diet and I'll never switch again. And I don't have to keep opening the windows to air out my house! :)

October 2014 Update: I'm very disappointed with the new combined Sensitive Skin/Sensitive Stomach formula, because my dog seems to be allergic. My dog developed hot spots and his skin was flushed, and my vet assumed it was a food allergy. I didn't believe her, but I put my dog on the (VERY expensive) prescription formula for a week - and my dog was fine. Thinking I was going to disprove my vet's theory, I put my dog back on Sensitive Stomach/Skin - and the itching returned. I couldn't understand why my dog was suddenly having this problem and then I remembered that the formula had changed. This is so frustrating; I thought I had this dog food problem solved.
on January 24, 2013
5 yrs ago my 100 lb lab/boxer? mix (He's 9 now)was diagnosed with IBS . He has been on a regiment of Pepcid AC and this food ever since and the problem has been eradicated . He eats 4 1/2 cups of this food a day with no problems and he is very active . I highly recommend this product to any owner whose dog is experiencing any belly problems .
on February 5, 2016
My dog has pretty severe allergies: general itching all over, very itchy paws (especially back ones) that she would lick and bite at until they were red, frequent yeast growth and severe ear infections (got so bad once that it emitted a horrible odor that smelled like sour milk) in one or both ears, rubbing her face on the ground, and just general discomfort. Because the allergies were so severe, and they could literally be caused by one or any number of things, I was NOT looking forward to potentially embarking on a extremely time consuming and expensive wild goose chase to figure out what was causing her allergies. Additionally, I was concerned about how long she would have to continue to suffer until I could figure it out.
I really didn't know where to start with narrowing things down, and then someone suggested to try switching her food out - that's the easiest and least expensive thing to do. I know Science Diet is heralded a very good brand on the less expensive side of the "good dog foods" out there, so it was worth a shot. Before ordering, I called Amazon to see what their return/refund policy on foodstuffs was, in the event that my dog either didn't like the food or that it did not help with her allergies. Amazon customer service informed me that if I didn't like the product for any reason and I notified them within 30 days, they would refund the money and I would NOT have to return the food. Perfect!
I ordered it and immediately started transiting my dog to this food. When she finally got transitioned to the point where she was eating mostly the Science Diet (about a week and half after I received the food), the majority of the allergy symptoms that she was experiencing basically disappeared. To date (approximately 1 month later), she has completely stopped obsessively scratching as well as licking and biting her paws. Even her ears cleared up a lot, although they still require weekly/bi-weekly cleaning. I AM SO GLAD THIS FOOD WORKED FOR HER.
Additionally, I have found that this food is a lot more filling and she gets full at lot faster. She's not eating nearly as much (and thus not pooping as much), so I'm sure the food itself will last a lot longer!
On the downside, I don't think she really cares for the taste. In fact, she started going on a partial food strike earlier this week (she could never just completely stop eating). But I explained to her that this isn't Burger King and you cannot have it your way. I also told her that she wasn't getting anymore treats until she eats her food like she is supposed to. She is now back to eating her food regularly.
All in all, this food worked perfect for her! I can't say it will work for all dogs, but at least ordering from Amazon, you can get a refund if you find that it doesn't work.
review image
on June 29, 2014
my dog lived on medication because he suffered from horrible skin allergies for two years. As soon as he started with this food, his skin and coat cleared up. He's gorgeous now.
on February 27, 2014
That would be the 4 legged one. I got this for my 12 year old Boston Terrier. Great for his dry ski, but best of all the reduction in the death smell that could come out of him!!! My little guy could clear a room faster than a fire. I LOVE subscribe and save. It makes a great price even better. My UPS guy this winter may not be thrilled with the dog food bag in a box, but I love not having to remember to stop at the pet store to grab it. Keep up the amazing assortment Amazon!!!
on December 28, 2013
I rescued a Golden Retriever Mix last year and found out quickly that she did not tolerate the big brand dog foods. She had constant diarrhea and at times wouldn't eat due to her upset stomach. I tried several different brands to no avail. The vets solution was to give the dog antibiotics and feed her a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken. That didn't work. Then, as I was researching dog foods on the internet, I came across Science Diet for Sensitive Stomachs. My dog's stomach issues stopped almost immediately upon using this food. No more runs, no more digestive issues. This food saved the day for me. Yes, it is a bit pricey but my dog is much happier and healthier since I began using it. I will not use any other brand for my dog.
We've been buying Hill's Science Diet for a while now for our 2 labs. Both of them have severe skin allergies and one has a sensitive stomach on top of the skin allergies. I thought I could get by with going to a less expensive brand, since we are feeding two dogs it was getting a bit costly for us but then we ended up having to pay for a very, very expensive allergy medication for our dogs so it was a loss and our dogs weren't getting the nutrients they needed. We switched back to Hill's and we were able to stop the allergy medication which saved us $70 a month! We feel better knowing our dogs, who are our family, are getting good nutrition and that they feel and look better, their coats look thicker and shinier and they love their food! We won't make the mistake of buying poor quality food again. Another bonus of Hills is smaller poop piles in the yard. When you feed your dog healthier food that isn't pack with fillers, they are able to digest their food better and their poop is smaller. I found that buying from Amazon is about $6 cheaper per bag versus buying directly from Petsmart or Petco and it gets delivered to your door. I call that a win!
review image