Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on May 7, 2011
I understand all the complaints about Science Diet. Believe me I avoided this food for quite awhile based on that information. I'm not thrilled about the filler, would prefer a food with no by-products, and yes in general think it is over priced. But my cat was throwing up everything else. And I do mean EVERYTHING else. I have tried so many top of the line foods for him and every single one he threw up. I took him to the vet, had all the xrays done, all the blood work done, put him on antibotics just in case... nothing. He is a perfectly healthy cat except that he was throwing up food 2 to 3 times a week. I talked to my mom who had 2 Siamese cats that lived into thier late teens and she said she fed them Science Diet. In fact, one of them had urninary tract problems and the SD was the only food that stopped his problems. So yes, I understand everything everyone is saying about why SD is so horrible... yet I can't argue with the results. I fed my cat this and it's been 3 weeks with no vomiting. My mom fed it to her cats and they lived long, healthy lives. I just can't argue with the results. And even if there were risks it's worth it not to have my poor kitty completely emptying his stomach 2-3 times a week from food that is making him sick. If your cat keeps throwing up, you've had the vet check him and there is nothing wrong and no other food is working... try this food. It really did work for my cat.
22 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2011
I took in a foster cat almost one year ago and have tried almost everything to rid him of diarrhea. The vets were unable to diagnose any parasite or physical problems, and his behavior has always appeared happy and healthy. The vets said it could be a food allergy, so I began trying different foods. A couple of months ago, I bought SD Sensitive Stomach. I had been reluctant because of the ingredients - I strive to avoid foods with "meal" of any kind - as well as the price ($40 for 15.5 lbs). After a year, five other foods and several supplements, though, I was desperate. Sensitive Stomach did the trick. There was a noticeable difference within a few weeks, and the stools are completely normal now. His weight gain has been constant regardless of food, so I do not attribute that to the Science Diet brand.

The drawback is that my other two cats prefer this food to their original brand, so it's quite expensive for three cats. The other two have not gained weight with this product, and their appetite does not appear to have increased at all.
88 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2010
I have two cats, one 6 and one 2 years old. Both are indoor cats in excellent health. I saw the negative review and talked to my vet about it. I've also asked a number of veterinary professionals what to feed my cats and they all answer the same thing: Science Diet. Sure, you'll see stories of how one person's cat had issues, but even if that's 100% true, it's 1 case out of millions. Science and fact aren't based on someone's experience.

So my point is, I love my cats and I'm very concerned about their health. I trust people who actually have medical degrees and experience with a wide range of animals. My only caution is do not fall for some hype or scare tactic that recommends some unproven or untested food or some fad diet for your pet. Don't listen to me, don't listen to the negative review. ASK YOUR VET what they recommend, and follow their instructions. My guess is you'll end up buying the Science Diet anyhow.
on March 19, 2011
My cat was born in August 2001, so he's almost 10 years old. Three years ago he started to throw up quite frequently. The vet ran tons of VERY EXPENSIVE tests and for the most part ruled out anything that can be treated. We tried changing food but nothing worked. I tried giving him home cooked food as well and that made throwing up even worse. So one day I was in a pet store and the clerk said he had the same problem with his cat and suggested the MOST EXPENSIVE FOOD IN STORE. I was skeptical but I had nothing to lose (but money). Three years later my cat is doing fantastic. He only throw up when I feel bad for him and give him tuna as a pity treat. He's healthy, bouncy and seems to enjoy food. The big bag lasts us for ever. We bought a bag on November 5th and today again on March 19. That's 4+ months for $40 (which is how much the bag costs in pet store). I think I can afford $10/month for my buddy. I have no idea what's in there and I don't really care. All I care is that my cat looks happy and healthy. Food purists who believe in feeding cat organic chicken and brown rice might not care for it.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2013
Okay - I am not a person who would ever think of spending this much money on a cat food but this stuff works! Let me set the stage - we invested in low-allergen kittens (Siberians) and after a few weeks, one started to show signs of, um, stomach distress. Well, it was distressing to all of us because the smell could CLEAR a room. It was AWFUL! While she was still gaining weight, I was forced to live with the terrible smell. After testing for parasites and other things, she came back with a clean bill of health but the smell and consistency (sorry) was still a problem. Our vet recommended we try this diet. I was willing to do ANYTHING. Let me tell you, after a few days, her poop resembled her sister's (NORMAL) with hardly any smell!!! Our noses thank Science Diet. Oh, and the cats LOVE the taste - we have had to be careful because they wolf it down and tend to eat more than their other food. If you have a cat with REALLY smelly poop - you may want to give this a try!!!
on September 8, 2015
My cat Casper is 16 hrs old. He's had bladder issues and due to age his tummy has become quite sensitive. He can't tolerate store bought hard food any more. He just vomits and vomits. I switched to canned food. He tolerated that for a while and I saw less vomiting but eventually he got sick of that and wasted most of it. Nothing like waking up and stepping in a nice cold pile of cat puke in the morning. Took him to the vet they said he's healthy just old. Switched to this cat food and my Casper has not puked once! He's been on it for a couple weeks now and no issues at all. Floors are clean now and everyone's happy. The only thing I see is I will have to mix this with the urinary tract health science diet as well because he. Am not tolerate the store brand. Expensive? Yes, but so worth it. I want my cat to live out the rest of his days happy and in the least amount of discomfort. This product works.
review image
on September 14, 2014
This is not the correct item. The company has a problem with this product and a new product that is sensitive stomach and "skin". If your cat has stomach issues then this new product may not work. I spent two years trying to find a food to help my cat and the original product worked. This new product has started her issues all over again and now I have to start again finding some food she can eat. The company says it is the same, but the ingredients on the bag says different. Just be sure you are buying the correct item, or you may be back to vet bills like I am.
Any
on June 25, 2015
We too, have tried many sensitive formulas and this is the one that works. Unfortunately, switching over is proving difficult because all three of our cats are addicted to Iams kitten formula which was bought when little Kevin first showed up, starving. The vet thinks, besides weight gain, the kitten formulas promote urinary crystals. However, Tiger Tubby (once troubled with crystals) has been fine on Iams kitten with respect to both urinary issues and vomiting. Anyway, this leads me to my personal thoughts about the much-maligned "fillers." The first two ingredients of this product are brewers rice and corn gluten meal. Corn gluten meal is found in this Hills Sensitive Stomach product AND in some of the prescription urinary diets. This meal is a cereal protein (not just empty calories) and is highly effective at acidifying cat urine. I know many of you are passionate about the topic of protein fillers, but because I have a cat with urinary issues I don't mind seeing corn gluten meal as an ingredient. The other filler ingredient, brewers rice, is less nutritious certainly than corn gluten meal but is clearly a concession to twitchy stomachs as it's found in many sensitive formulations. Science Diet has more of it (first ingredient) but for many, this is the only product that stays down. I'm awarding 4 stars instead of 5 because while it's not ending up on the carpet, the taste apparently isn't super appealing. I bought the small bag at a pet supermarket for a ridiculous sum. The price here on Amazon is a lot easier to swallow.
on March 5, 2016
I have a Persian cat, after he "grew up" and became an "adult" (hahahaaha) we have gone through the song and dance of trying to find a steadfast food for him that he likes. One that meets his needs nutritionally, easy for him to physically eat it (mushy faces can have issues picking up food with their mouth because their faces are so mushed; even though mine has never shown any signs of distress, nor is he underweight by any stretch of the imagination.) and I was also looking for a food not composed of trashy filler ingredients. We have gone through Taste of the Wild, Royal Canin Persian 30, and other various cat formulas and finally, I found a hit!!
Hill's Sensitive Stomach & Skin mixed 50/50 with Hill's Adult Indoor (Longhair). The mixture of the two is perfect for my needs, it controls what goes in and out of my cat m, and there's not been any adverse reactions,!! YEEAAAH!!
I use the Adult Indoor Longhair version to mix starting around July through January and the Regular Adult Indoor to mix with the sensitive stomach & skin the rest of the year. Because he stays inside all of the time his fuzziness schedule is based on my air conditioning/heat schedule and it's a lot drier and hotter in the house in the Winter than the summer, So his coat shedding/change is actually in the winter and holy moly there's so much fur!! I know I could make a whole other him out of the fur I brush out of him. I also get him shaved once a year so that he can feel free of little knots and look really cute for a few weeks too!!
review image
VINE VOICEon May 21, 2015
I am so disappointed in this product. My poor cat with the sensitive stomach throws up within a few minutes of eating this stuff. My other cat has so far tolerated it, but it I think I am going to have to eliminate it for him, as it is difficult to separate the two at meal time.