Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Size: 36-Inch|Color: White Fleece|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 6, 2007
I have 3 of these beds in various sizes, one for each of our dogs. The best part about them is that they can be easily washed and dried at home, even the 36" size. And, of course it is nice that my dogs love them too. The beds are not very thick, but dogs can be found to lie on a bare floors and so this has to be better. I have bought thick padded beds in the past and my dogs did not use them as much as these. These seem just enough for my dogs, and they can be easily topped with a folded blanket if you have a dog that likes more padding. Almost forgot, the dogs love to rest their heads on the tubular rim of the beds.
33 comments|402 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
My boyfriend first purchased The Quiet Time in a large size a few years ago for his Chow Chow and she adored it so much we decided to get another one when we adopted our French Bulldog.

REASONS THIS BED IS SO IDEAL:

1. It adjusts to body temperature so the dog will not overheat (The Chow had a much denser coat than the bare bellied Bulldog and both dogs have been equally enamored with the bed and use it year round.)

2. It's sized perfectly for crates. We use the 24" X 18" Quiet Time in the Bulldog's crate and ordered an additional one for her to lie on around the house or for when she's outside. (See Video...)

3. It's durable, soft, easy to clean, DOES NOT SHED, and is incredibly well priced. Also, the cinnamon color doesn't get dingy and dirty looking as fast as the paler shades and it's also softer, fuzzier and plusher than the white Midwest bed. (We've tried both.)

4. Dogs just adore it and 'Sooner or later' you gotta get one!
88 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2007
I have purchased several of these for my Golden Retriever mix. She absolutely loves them! I have one in just about every room of the house! I even got one to put in her Midwest Bay Isle Crate. When she got her first one, she immediately went to it and laid down in it! She either curls up on one of the short ends or hangs her paw and head over one of the "pillow-like" sides. She looks so comfortable! I have read many reviews from people and vet offices, and people say that all dogs and cats love them! I will be getting one for our cat, too!
0Comment|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2012
54" x 37" i bought this in fleece for my german shepherd dobe mix & i was a little unsure of the size so i got the biggest! ITS like the size of my love seat and lol i just have to say maybe i should of got a size smaller? i wanted to make sure she had enough room to sprawl out and she has more than enough room..THATS FOR SURE! At first i didnt understand why she wouldnt lay down and its because she didnt have it in her lay down spot in the living room..so i had to move it by the loveseat..all is well now! she can completely sprawl out on this and it keeps her hair inside the bed.. i think the best way to get the hair out with this would be using one of those pet hair rollers.. :) im very happy and i cant believe the size for the price! Even all three of my kids under age 6 fit in the bed with her when shes laying in it...so cute watching them pretend its their home with the dog.. :) i will update if there are any problems :)

UPDATE: (NOV 9TH)
ITS STILL TOGETHER :) ITS NOT ALL COVERED IN HAIR BY MY SHEPHERD.. AND SHE SLEEPS IN IT AT THE FOOT OF OUR BED NOW INSTEAD OF ON OUR BED MAKING OUR BED HAIRY :) I LOVE THIS BED! I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE! I EVEN OFTEN WAKE UP AT 5AM TO GET THE KIDS READY FOR SCHOOL AND FIND MY 3 YEAR OLD LAYING IN IT SLEEPING WITH THE DOG CURLED UP IN HIS BLANKET... :) PLENTY OF ROOM TO SHARE :) LOL
review image
33 comments|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2010
I have a 3 yr old Golden rescue that sleeps in a 42 x 26 inch wire crate. I made a 1 inch memory foam mat for his crate & covered it with a twin sheet. He needed a bit more cushioning than the 1 inch memory foam. I was afraid with his weight, he was going to "bottom out" and feel the hard plastic pan surface under the memory foam etc. Plus he sleeps on his side and needed some cushion for his back against the wire sides of the crate. This mat is perfect !!! It gives him just the right surface without being too squishy/soft and yet is supportive & he has the bolster against his back when he sleeps. I swear I could see him smile when he first laid down on this configuration. Works for him, works for me !!! And the price was right too !

As an aside, I vacuumed this mat first, then tossed it in the dryer on air only to collect any residual "fuzz". Next I washed it in my front loader washing machine and then dried it on low/delicate. So far no shedding at all and it seems to be holding up well too. He is NOT a chewer, thank goodness or I fear this mat would not last etc.
Aug. 8, 2011....Not so happy with this now. Have washed it maybe 4 times and each time the bolster filling migrates to one place and leaves the bolster FLAT....no stuffing....and no way to pull the filling back into the empty bolster area....Would have to take it apart to fix. It has been washed on gentle cycle on a front loader machine. I won't buy this again nor recommend it.

Nov, 2012 - This was thread bare 6-8 mos ago....All the bolster stuffing had shifted to one area so there was effectively no bolster to this product. It was pathetic looking and there was no cushion left. I have since found out there are several makers of this kind of crate bolster. Pay a bit more and get a far superior product that is lasting. I got my last one from Jeffers Pet Supply in Dothan, AL.
1010 comments|207 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2007
I bought this bed for my cat. She is extremely spoiled, and has other beds from other vendors, but this one is the best I've purchased. The reason - the thickness. It really has additional padding on the bottom, which makes it extra cozy and warm. When she first saw it, she ran over, sniffed it, laid down on it, and purred for about 15 minutes. Since the initial time, she spends quite a bit of time on it. If you are a sucker for your pets like I am, buy this particular bed. BTW, they wash up great. Vacuum them off, throw them in the washer and dryer and done.
0Comment|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2012
Our medium-large cats (12 lbs each) were constantly trying to cram two of them into a tiny oval pet bed barely big enough for one, so we ordered a larger bed for them, as well as a new single for our loner cat for her favorite corner. We went too large on the first order and got a 3rd one to find just the right size. So here is measurement information on 3 of the Midwest Quiet Time Pet Beds. Check the "customer images" to see these beds side-by-side for comparison.

22 x 13 Interior: 17 x 8.5 - Appropriate size for one cat or small dog, but if they like curling up and this is for the house, choose an oval bed instead. This is a very long, narrow rectangular shape. Good choice for a crate or pet carrier of those dimensions however.

30 x 21 Interior: 23 x 16 - Gives two cats or small dogs room to sleep together without being too crammed. Of course, because cats are perverse creatures, one will lie in the bed while the other lies next to it on the carpet and just drapes one paw over the edge.

36 x 23 Interior: 29 x 17 - My daughter who is 4' 4" and 50 pounds curled up on this one quite comfortably; it would accommodate a dog of her length but heavier weight quite easily.

Some of the sizes are a longer rectangle than one would think by looking at the product picture, as the picture does not vary based on the size selected by the user. To measure out the dimensions before ordering to make sure it's really the appropriate shape for what you need.

All of the pet beds were cozy and easily accepted by the cats. The edges are a good height to rest one's chin on or to lean back against while sleeping.
on October 4, 2011
any type of breathing or respiratory problems............This pad is great - BUT sheds horribly! Balls are tiny linty/shedding fuzz balls - no matter if you brush it daily before letting the animal on it .............. If your pet is older [or even a puppy] it can INHALE this shedding matter as well as have it get into their eyes............. Reduced rating from 3 to 1 *
*****************************************************************

seems to constructed well and need strictly for lap holder for a 5# 'old dawg' wants into lap while we at PC. Wanted b/cuz other lap/carrier pad slips all over -

Inside flat bottom actually 9 X 17 NOT 22x13 - rolled edges account for 4 and 5 inch difference. This should work for 'chin rest' ....
review image review image review image
on June 27, 2007
I work for a Veterinary Hospital and we have the quiet time pet beds in our lobby and exam rooms. The dogs love them. They walk in the door and are immediately drawn to these beds. We tried other dog beds that just weren't as successful or easy to wash like the quiet time beds. I recently purchased two for my home and all of my dogs are fighting over "bed time" on these dog beds. We also discovered that our cats wanted their own beds since they kept trying to lay on the beds for the dogs. I have no idea why they are so popular, but I can tell you that DOGS AND CATS LOVE THESE BEDS!
on January 28, 2015
Man, I have this on my Netherland dwarf rabbit's bed as well as a larger size for in a crate that I use as a "timeout cage" for my kitty and bunny, which they weren't fans of before; now, my kitten naps in the cage CONSTANTLY. They LOVE it. So much for timeouts!