Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: Medium, 3-PackChange
Price:$6.43+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 26, 2011
My local pet store doesn't stock these so buying them online was the next best option. They seem to need replacing more than once per month but washing them under running water prolongs their usefulness. Remember to have plastic side facing the front.
1010 comments21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2013
I have the above mentioned aquarium kit. I can confirm that this filter will work in the Mini Might filter that comes with it.

My fish is happy and the tank looks clean. Can't complain. :)
22 comments16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2010
It has been numerous years since I had my own aquarium with all the required accessories. Tetra has made some pretty outstanding products since that time and these filter bags do exactly what is required for small aquariums. As soon as I bought this filter with these carttridges, the water has been clear and clean ever since. These cartridges last about 30 days before needing replacement.
on March 30, 2012
I bought this filter for my Tetra Waterfall Globe Aquarium (1.8 gallon) tank that I bought off of Amazon. It is both a perfect fit, and does a great job of keeping the water flowing through the filter. It also instantly cleaned up my tank from mucky to clear in minutes!

If you have any questions, or want the exact make of my tank and filter, just comment.
on April 27, 2011
this is a great deal. it's a great filter as well. the only thing is that you need to change it out at least once a month or the filter will fall apart and the white fibers will spill all over the tank. it freaked me out when i saw the white fibers. i thought it was a whole bunch of little white worms. then i realized, upon changing the filter and water, that the filter fell apart.
on December 12, 2012
I love that it is so easy to change and to find the right size. Please dont be like me and forget to rinse the dust out- my fish were giving me evil eye for a whole week.
on July 9, 2011
It was a mild headache to find the right size filter cartridge. Tetra had released a new Medium and Large size from their previous release. I took a chance and this one fit my Tetra 10-30i filter. It works really well in trapping the excretions and more from my turtle. I leave it on for a few hours a day and the tank stays relatively clean. Though for the health of my turtle, I still change the water at least once a week.
on June 27, 2012
If this is the right filter cartridge for your filter, it's going to be perfect for you-- if you tried to use it for the wrong filter, of course it isn't going to work! Don't blame the cartridge! This is the cartridge that goes with my filter and it works perfectly. Slip the old filter out after about four weeks (or sooner-- those things can get pretty gross!) and slip the new one into the two grooves in the inside of the filter, and voila!

The package recommends you rinse the filter before putting it in (and turn off the filter before you change the cartridges, just in case) to get rid of any leftover carbon dust. Do that, and your little aquarium is golden!
on July 3, 2014
This is an effective filter - it does the job and I prefer to order three at a time. I use each one for about a month or two. Then I clean it thoroughly under hot water and, after it dries, I replace it in the back of the box. That way, I recycle these filters and use them about three times each. The only PROBLEM - of course there's always a problem with just about anything, but here I find that the filter comes apart while washing it clean. The SOLUTION - I hold the top part of the filter together firmly while washing and I hold it under the water sideways so that it doesn't put as much strain on the top connecting area.

Oh, these filters keep my tank clean and healthy! Tetra 26170 Whisper Bio-Bag Cartridge, Large, 3-Pack
on June 12, 2015
Great! I was needing these badly!
They fit the filter that came with the tank I bought.
review image