Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: Medium, 3-Pack|Change
Price:$7.15+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 9, 2013
I have the above mentioned aquarium kit. I can confirm that this filter will work in the Mini Might filter that comes with it.

My fish is happy and the tank looks clean. Can't complain. :)
on December 26, 2011
My local pet store doesn't stock these so buying them online was the next best option. They seem to need replacing more than once per month but washing them under running water prolongs their usefulness. Remember to have plastic side facing the front.
1010 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2012
I bought this filter for my Tetra Waterfall Globe Aquarium (1.8 gallon) tank that I bought off of Amazon. It is both a perfect fit, and does a great job of keeping the water flowing through the filter. It also instantly cleaned up my tank from mucky to clear in minutes!

If you have any questions, or want the exact make of my tank and filter, just comment.
on March 28, 2010
It has been numerous years since I had my own aquarium with all the required accessories. Tetra has made some pretty outstanding products since that time and these filter bags do exactly what is required for small aquariums. As soon as I bought this filter with these carttridges, the water has been clear and clean ever since. These cartridges last about 30 days before needing replacement.
on April 27, 2011
this is a great deal. it's a great filter as well. the only thing is that you need to change it out at least once a month or the filter will fall apart and the white fibers will spill all over the tank. it freaked me out when i saw the white fibers. i thought it was a whole bunch of little white worms. then i realized, upon changing the filter and water, that the filter fell apart.
on July 9, 2011
It was a mild headache to find the right size filter cartridge. Tetra had released a new Medium and Large size from their previous release. I took a chance and this one fit my Tetra 10-30i filter. It works really well in trapping the excretions and more from my turtle. I leave it on for a few hours a day and the tank stays relatively clean. Though for the health of my turtle, I still change the water at least once a week.
on December 12, 2012
I love that it is so easy to change and to find the right size. Please dont be like me and forget to rinse the dust out- my fish were giving me evil eye for a whole week.
on June 27, 2012
If this is the right filter cartridge for your filter, it's going to be perfect for you-- if you tried to use it for the wrong filter, of course it isn't going to work! Don't blame the cartridge! This is the cartridge that goes with my filter and it works perfectly. Slip the old filter out after about four weeks (or sooner-- those things can get pretty gross!) and slip the new one into the two grooves in the inside of the filter, and voila!

The package recommends you rinse the filter before putting it in (and turn off the filter before you change the cartridges, just in case) to get rid of any leftover carbon dust. Do that, and your little aquarium is golden!
on May 16, 2015
I used to love these, and the filter they were made for, but from my recent experience with newer biobags, the quality has dropped to the point of uselessness.

I bought a box of these very recently, and every single one was defective - basically, falling apart as they are pulled out of their packaging. After the first one failed this way, I emailed their support about the defective product. They responded with, basically,"too bad". After the second, I re-emailed, and explained this was not my mishandling, but a completely faulty product. They just doubled down "too bad", showing zero concern for either their own products, or my experience with them. I mean, Time Warner Cable, Comcast, AT&T - those guys routinely display this attitude, but a pet product company?

Listen, Tetra: the HEALTH of living things depends on your products. For a pet company to be disinterested in how their products fail is unconscionable.

But wait... there's more!

I use the Tetra filter these were made for, on a 12 gallon tank, and had it on there for maybe 5 or 6 years, before the filter motor failed. I bought the identical Tetra branded filter, and just two months later, it is non-operational. The quality is just like the bio-bags are now: completely useless. A filter that pumps no water is not useful.

And no, not a newbie here. Former enthusiast who kept multiple tanks up to 350 gallons, fresh and salt, for decades. I know what works and doesn't. As currently constructed, these do not work. The last two boxes, when the cartridge didn't literally fall apart before being put in the filter, worked for maybe 3 days, and then the water stopped being filtered. There are exactly 2 fish in this 12 gallon tank, so just about any s***ty filter should be able to keep up. Not these.

Summary: Buyer beware. Tetra is producing defective products, and really doesn't care at all. As none of this is so expensive, I'll just toss the whole filter and buy a competitor's product, and I'd recommend transitioning away from their filter products at this time.
on April 22, 2016
These are pretty decent filters, but if you have several tanks using the same type, they go quick. I was purchasing the assembled filters for a while, then decided to start purchasing the ones you assemble yourself. You don't get as much carbon as you do in the pre-made ones, but there is a significant savings from doing it yourself. If you have purchased this product before & are thinking about doing the assembly yourself in the future, make sure you keep the plastic parts of this filter so you can use it to make other ones! Overall, these are easy to use filters & seem to do a good job.