Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Size: 3/4 in x 300Color: TransparentChange
Price:$4.75+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 6, 2015
I usually keep one for each of my junk drawers in our office, kitchen and craft space so I LOVED that it came in packs of three. I stray from the off brand stuff because Scotch works the best on my crafting products than any other. I am brand loyal and there is a reason; it works every time!
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2010
Size: 3/4 in x 300Color: TransparentVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Scotch tape is a staple in my home. Yes, I can find cheaper tape at my local Dollar store, but as always, you get what you pay for, and the cheaper tape's adhesive never fails to eventually peel away and stop sticking. Not such a problem with 3M's Scotch tape.

Scotch Magic Tape is great for wrapping gifts with matte finish wrap, as it virtually becomes invisible on it. Glossy wrapping papers, however, will evidence the presence of Scotch brand's magic tape in the absence of sheen where the tape has been placed. If you're not overly particular with regards to this sort of stuff, you'll do fine with it. The 3/4 inch width is also a nice, wide tape for average, every day use. I tend to use Scotch tape a lot in lieu of those kitchen clip things to close up opened packages. Fold over a little tab at the end of a long strip of tape, wrap half of it on one side of the opening, stick it to the opposite side of the bag/packaging, and you're good to go. It even holds in the freezer. Who needs a clip, anyway?

The one thing that turns me off about this package of Scotch tape is the misleading product packaging. The rolls are made to appear as if they have more tape on them than they actually do. I'd honestly rather pay more for three FULL rolls of tape, than pay just over a buck and a quarter (on Amazon; more at your local retail store) for a roll of tape that's really only half full, as the base of the roll of tape is just filler plastic. Not just misleading, but wasteful and environmentally unfriendly, too! It's a Scotch brand BOGO! And NOT the kind you really want!

Overall, Scotch tape works well for what it's supposed to do. It's tape - it SHOULD work well! But the fact that 3M misleads its customers by sticking a big throwaway empty plastic core onto each of these cheapie dispensers costs them (reputation-wise), in my book. If you need this tape, this is the place to get it at a good price (especially if you've got an Amazon Prime membership). But if you don't need one roll for the car, one for the office, and one for home, I think you're better off looking for a fuller single roll of tape than going with what Scotch offers here.
review image
11 comment21 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Perhaps one of the surest ways of showing your age is to remark to a younger person that you no longer use the original Scotch tape. "What's that?" is likely to be the response, since the company's "Magic Tape" has now been with us longer that few of us realize. In fact, it appears to be unanimously preferred by the American consumer--to such a degree that I suspect the original tape is displayed alongside it primarily to give the consumer the "illusion of choice," or that extra little motivator to stock up on more Magic Tape.

Not only is Magic Tape more invisible and durable than the original Scotch tape but it is one of the most versatile products. Except for the wide and sturdy packing tape for those large packages and Amazon returns, this is one of my most used products--in my office (where it repairs torn manuscripts, permitting me to write over the damage), bedroom (right now, it's securing a dipole FM antenna to my side of the bed), on the hallway floor (where I wrap gifts). Were anyone limited to having life-time access to no more than 10 products sold on Amazon, which would you select and in what order would you prioritize them.

I'd probably be better off without any more electronic gadgetry. It would allow me time to read the books and listen to the hundreds of CDs that have as yet to receive my undivided attention. As the amounts of ink cartridges I consume should tell me, I'm already guilty of wasting far too many trees. Besides the Scotch Magic tape, I really can't think of a single other "thing" that would deserve to occupy my shelf of the products most essential to maintaining the good life.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 26, 2013
It's kind of funny, but it's getting to he point where I have little desire to shop in regular stores. Amazon makes the shopping experience so pleasurable that even the smallest of items is easier to purchase from them, rather than going to a local store.

As far as the tape goes, there's not a great deal to say. It's the famous Scotch Magic Tape that been a staple in our home for decades. What I especially like about purchasing an item like this from Amazon, is that you're able to purchase a quantity of 3, at a price that's lower than you'd pay at a local store. Since I'm a member of Prime, shipping is free. In my opinion, there is no company in the world that comes close to what Amazon offers as far as inventory. When I searched for this, I figured it would be too inexpensive an item for Amazon to carry. I was wrong.

The convenience of having a 3 pack, and the added convenience of having it delivered free right to my door, makes me want to purchase everything imaginable from Amazon.

The bottom line is that this is a well known, top-notch product that needs no explanation as to how many different uses it is good for. Buying it from Amazon makes it so very very easy. The item gets 5 stars, as does Amazon, the best company in the world. I love Amazon so much that I could stay in my house for a year and never be short on anything. Whether it's scotch tape or groceries, Amazon has it covered.
on December 22, 2014
These rolls are small -- they run out pretty quickly. The tape is frosted.
on December 8, 2015
I buy thousands of dollars in products from Amazon a year - usually at least a couple items a week. This has to be one of the biggest rip offs ever. At first I glance I thought I had received just the plastic dispensers with no tape included. When you look more carefully, you see how little tape is included. It's about one-fifth or less of the capacity of the dispensers. These are certainly not standard rolls of tape. A real rip off.
on June 17, 2015
These rolls of tape are small-sized. Sorry I missed this when I ordered. Definitely not worth the money. Recommend you check roll size when ordering.
on May 17, 2015
Extremely small amount of tape. It's not standard-sized as you would imagine from the pic. Would not order again....
Well I got the 6 rolls, but I was a little surprised just how short a 300 inch roll is. Anyways, the price was good, but I think I next time I will shop for larger rolls.

The Scotch magic brand is of course, the best invisible plastic tape that you can get. I think the fact the many people refer to plastic tape generically, regardless of what brand as "Scotch tape" shows how strong the brand name is. But there really is only ONE brand that works like SCOTCH. At Least, I've never found anything that comes close.
Who doesn't like Scotch magic tape. I have been using it forever. I love how you can hardly see it when wrapping things. I do like that these are small convenient rolls, and you get 3 of them to leave all over your house.

I took off a point as the rolls appeared not to have much tape on them, but I would still buy again.