Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Size: 3 RollsChange
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Size: 3 RollsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )Verified Purchase
Perhaps one of the surest ways of showing your age is to remark to a younger person that you no longer use the original Scotch tape. "What's that?" is likely to be the response, since the company's "Magic Tape" has now been with us longer that few of us realize. In fact, it appears to be unanimously preferred by the American consumer--to such a degree that I suspect the original tape is displayed alongside it primarily to give the consumer the "illusion of choice," or that extra little motivator to stock up on more Magic Tape.

Not only is Magic Tape more invisible and durable than the original Scotch tape but it is one of the most versatile products. Except for the wide and sturdy packing tape for those large packages and Amazon returns, this is one of my most used products--in my office (where it repairs torn manuscripts, permitting me to write over the damage), bedroom (right now, it's securing a dipole FM antenna to my side of the bed), on the hallway floor (where I wrap gifts). Were anyone limited to having life-time access to no more than 10 products sold on Amazon, which would you select and in what order would you prioritize them.

I'd probably be better off without any more electronic gadgetry. It would allow me time to read the books and listen to the hundreds of CDs that have as yet to receive my undivided attention. As the amounts of ink cartridges I consume should tell me, I'm already guilty of wasting far too many trees. Besides the Scotch Magic tape, I really can't think of a single other "thing" that would deserve to occupy my shelf of the products most essential to maintaining the good life.
on March 6, 2015
I usually keep one for each of my junk drawers in our office, kitchen and craft space so I LOVED that it came in packs of three. I stray from the off brand stuff because Scotch works the best on my crafting products than any other. I am brand loyal and there is a reason; it works every time!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 26, 2013
It's kind of funny, but it's getting to he point where I have little desire to shop in regular stores. Amazon makes the shopping experience so pleasurable that even the smallest of items is easier to purchase from them, rather than going to a local store.

As far as the tape goes, there's not a great deal to say. It's the famous Scotch Magic Tape that been a staple in our home for decades. What I especially like about purchasing an item like this from Amazon, is that you're able to purchase a quantity of 3, at a price that's lower than you'd pay at a local store. Since I'm a member of Prime, shipping is free. In my opinion, there is no company in the world that comes close to what Amazon offers as far as inventory. When I searched for this, I figured it would be too inexpensive an item for Amazon to carry. I was wrong.

The convenience of having a 3 pack, and the added convenience of having it delivered free right to my door, makes me want to purchase everything imaginable from Amazon.

The bottom line is that this is a well known, top-notch product that needs no explanation as to how many different uses it is good for. Buying it from Amazon makes it so very very easy. The item gets 5 stars, as does Amazon, the best company in the world. I love Amazon so much that I could stay in my house for a year and never be short on anything. Whether it's scotch tape or groceries, Amazon has it covered.
on December 22, 2014
These rolls are small -- they run out pretty quickly. The tape is frosted.
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2010
Size: 3 RollsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Scotch tape is a staple in my home. Yes, I can find cheaper tape at my local Dollar store, but as always, you get what you pay for, and the cheaper tape's adhesive never fails to eventually peel away and stop sticking. Not such a problem with 3M's Scotch tape.

Scotch Magic Tape is great for wrapping gifts with matte finish wrap, as it virtually becomes invisible on it. Glossy wrapping papers, however, will evidence the presence of Scotch brand's magic tape in the absence of sheen where the tape has been placed. If you're not overly particular with regards to this sort of stuff, you'll do fine with it. The 3/4 inch width is also a nice, wide tape for average, every day use. I tend to use Scotch tape a lot in lieu of those kitchen clip things to close up opened packages. Fold over a little tab at the end of a long strip of tape, wrap half of it on one side of the opening, stick it to the opposite side of the bag/packaging, and you're good to go. It even holds in the freezer. Who needs a clip, anyway?

The one thing that turns me off about this package of Scotch tape is the misleading product packaging. The rolls are made to appear as if they have more tape on them than they actually do. I'd honestly rather pay more for three FULL rolls of tape, than pay just over a buck and a quarter (on Amazon; more at your local retail store) for a roll of tape that's really only half full, as the base of the roll of tape is just filler plastic. Not just misleading, but wasteful and environmentally unfriendly, too! It's a Scotch brand BOGO! And NOT the kind you really want!

Overall, Scotch tape works well for what it's supposed to do. It's tape - it SHOULD work well! But the fact that 3M misleads its customers by sticking a big throwaway empty plastic core onto each of these cheapie dispensers costs them (reputation-wise), in my book. If you need this tape, this is the place to get it at a good price (especially if you've got an Amazon Prime membership). But if you don't need one roll for the car, one for the office, and one for home, I think you're better off looking for a fuller single roll of tape than going with what Scotch offers here.
review image
on April 17, 2015
This is the genuine Scotch Magic Tape. Don't be fooled by imitation cellophane tape, even that made by 3M. The Scotch brand has a excellent reputation when it comes to producing quality products, and this tape is no exception.
on November 11, 2010
Size: 3 RollsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is one of those multi use products that you really can't do without in your home. I find the Scotch brand the best and well worth the few extra cents you pay for it compared to other cheaper brands. Out of all the non edible items in your home I think this is one of the constants that you need for everyday life. If you're like me you will always be looking to tape something. I have used this not only on packages but on the edges of my wallpaper when it decides to start lifting. Works great without being seen. Who would know but you that you did a little tlc repair. I've taped pencils back together with this when I've had my temper tantrum and broken on. Holds really good till I need to use that particular spot. Also works great in place of clips on chips, coffee bags and best of all putting up the precious hand drawn pictures on the refrigator that you get from your grandchildren that they sent you for one occassion or another. Don't have a bandaid in the house and need to cover a cut, put a piece of gauze or papertowel and some of our wonderfully magic tape to hold you over til you get to the store for bandaids. How many other products can you pay so little for with so many great uses.
on April 22, 2015
Scott tape is always good. Nothing unusually great but did it's job! I am a longtime user of this tape and like the chance to purchase it along with other selections.
on March 3, 2015
This tape is very strong and can tape just about anything you want. Normally used for envelopes and small boxes. But I use it last December for Christmas gifts!
VINE VOICEon September 12, 2009
ok, i'm actually reviewing scotch tape! ha! now that i have kidz, scotch tape becomes invaluable, we use it for wrapping christmas and birthday packages, the backs of envelopes especially those that are a little bulgy or that have $$$ in them. a couple times a year, it seems to be used for styling my kidz' hair or barbie's hair. BLAH!!!! for present-wrapping, i can say that scotch tape has what seems to me to be the finest ability to stick and stay upon wrapping paper. i've bought some generic brands that fall apart. and then, one of the most important things, is that while i use all 18 of my hands trying to hold scissors, tape, tape dispenser, and holding the box in 15 places, the tape pulls out smoothly and i can tear it off quickly and cleanly. nobody's invented a good way yet of stopping over pulling or loose tape snuggling back on the roll, so i've gotta spend an hour pulling snippets of tape off the roll till the sides match and i can resume wrapping. i think that this brand is worth paying the extra few cents. i think that i consume as much tape as i have, whether it's one roll or 50 rolls. 3 is nice!