Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on August 24, 2009
I've used this respirator for four years when grinding fiberglass and boat antifouling paint and have been amazed at how well it filters and how relatively comfortable it is. Nothing perceptible gets through this filter--it is a world of difference compared to those cheap masks you strap around your face. After a particularly messy job this weekend I finally took it apart to see how the filters were doing, and the prefilters were pretty well clogged up. Certainly an easy fix. Everyone with a grinder or sander should own a respirator like this.
on April 19, 2011
Can't believe I've been painting with a cheap white "dust" mask for years. This is a MAJOR improvement! I can paint for hours without feeling as though I'm going to pass out from the fumes. I also love not having colorful boogers anymore.

I use primarily for "rattle can" spraying in semi-closed area. The mask fits great! Very comfortable, due to the soft rubber seal. Blocks out all fumes, and paint particles.

Do your lungs a favor... buy this respirator.
on October 27, 2007
I know this is a paint and pesticide mask, but its a grat woodworking mask as well. I have been a avid woodworker for over 25 years, and wish someone would have given me this mask long ago. Since I am not getting any younger and fine particle dust has become a real concern to woodworkers I believe this is an excellent mask if you do or do not use a central dust collection system while working with wood. I know there are cheapr masks out there that are rated for woodworking but do not filtrate down to the micron level of this respirator, the replacement cartridges for this mask are resonable and it washes up with soap and water when needed.
on November 23, 2010
---this will work but know that it would take some effort adjusting the mask over your face than it would on a person with a bigger face. There is actually enough "play" in the blue material that is supposed to cling to your face so that it would seal properly. But it you have a really small face and since the design assumed that the average face would fit the mask, the mask would have to kind of squeeze and contort around smaller faces and that is the part that takes time achieving. Tissue paper could be used to pad the spots where the strap would squish the skin because after a while that starts to hurt. I thought at first that doing that would prevent a perfect seal around the mouth and nose but it doesn't seem to do so.

After all that and once you have the right fit, it works rather well. You know this because you will not be able to smell a thing whilst staining or applying varnish. There is also enough air coming in that you do not start hallucinating two hours into an intricate varnishing job.

Anyway, if the mask came in sizes, it would have been perfect. As it is, it takes so much time fitting it around my face that once on, i just walk around with it all day, respirating loudly into the mask and saying "You have failed me for the last time!"
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2010
I bought mine from Home Depot a long time ago and it's worked perfectly ever since. Just need to tap out the HEPA filters every so often.

My primary use is for mowing and mulching leaves (dust allergies), but I've used it for insulation and woodworking. The mask fits fine even over my beard and the soft silicone makes a nearly air-tight seal.
on April 16, 2010
I usually get a headache after using polyurethane, but not after wearing this mask while varnishing. fits well, soft seal around face, good product.
on October 3, 2015
I bought this to use while spray painting a garage interior with 10 gallons. This is my first mask, and I must say it was very comfortable and easy to use.
After two hours, no problems. Never gave a thought about wearing it while walking outside for a break. I wish I had bought one years ago.
I bought the replacement cartridges, but haven't needed them yet. See attached pictures of the packaging, and after I used it in the paint for 2 hours.
review image review image review image review image
on September 15, 2009
I am a housewife, age 56. I needed something to protect me from the very strong vapors while using an overhead stain sealer to cover water stains on the ceiling of our home. I did some research online and then purchased the MSA Safety Works 817662 Paint and Pesticide Respirator. It provided excellant protection from the very strong fumes of the spray paint I was using. I highly recommend this product.
on June 25, 2011
I almost gassed myself while applying a quart of Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Refinisher. I wore this mask while applying a second quart. This respirator is magic. The mask fits well and was easy to get on and off even though I wear glasses. The part that goes on your face is a fairly soft rubber that simply works well. Air flows easily, obviously not as well as without a mask, but still very easily.

Anyways, now that I've experienced this respirator I'll be using it often. I'm amazed that I gasped my way through so many projects in the past. No more. Respirators rule.
on December 15, 2013
I purchased this for fine sanding during refiniahing of old lead based paint wood (1920's)doors as well as painting during our remodel--
1. The soft part of the mask is difficult to fit, as it 'rolls up' and getting it to 'unroll' under the chin is a hassle.
2. I found it tedious to get it to stay tight. After adjusting the head strap as well as the straps on each side of the cannister--it stayed tight but was not very comfy. The head strap kept falling off, even w tightening, as if the harder plastic portion that goes over the crown was set too far back to fit properly.

BE SURE IF YOU GET GOGGLES TO GO W THIS YOU GET THE TYPE THAT GO OVER GLASSES IF YOU WEAR THEM! The recommmended one w this product DID NOT fit over my glasses.

Aloha