Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Style: Adult LightSize: 17.5 lb bagChange

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 2, 2015
I love this dog food and recently subscribed but this is how i received it so if this comes like this every month i will be unhappy. The product is great, the delivery however was not.
review image
88 comments50 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
We are sorry to hear that you received a damaged bag of food. All of our products are covered under our 100% guarantee. Please contact Amazon for their return policy.
on June 19, 2013
Hill's has been around a long time now. That should tell you something. Yeah, yeah, there are other 'better' foods that cost you a ton of money, with 'more protein,' and 'farm fresh ingredients' etc. But c'mon. I've had dogs for all my 50 years, and in that time, I've fed them a variety of food. NONE makes them live longer. This one gives her a shiny coat and amazing energy. Be smart, but a quality food, like HIll's Science Diet, that doesn't make you take out a second mortgage, and you'll both be happy.
11 comment22 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
Great food for my dog. She had a finicky stomach and suffered frequent bouts of diarrhea. I have to put her on Hill's® Prescription Diet® i/d® Canine Gastrointestinal Health. This was not an inexpensive proposition. On a recommendation from a very wise dog lover, I slowly transitioned her to Hill's Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food, a much more affordable alternative. Her stool is appropriate and she loves the food. It appears to provide the nutrition and other benefits that she needs.

If you have a pup in similar straits, consider this food. Based on the success that I had, I recommend this without reservation.
on July 9, 2013
Got a 12 week old German shepherd. He wouldn't eat any dog food until I got him this. Now he eats like a horse. I also subscribe to it. So it is a lot cheaper than local stores.
on February 13, 2011
I would recommend this puppy food! We have a puppy that got off to a sad start. We found him along an interstate with a broken shoulder and was malnourished. After surgery on his shoulder and good nutrition with Hills Science Diet, he is a thriving, healthy and happy guy!
on November 15, 2013
What a convenient way to shop, I will never go to Walmart again. Place an order and in 2 days it is at my door. My dog was so excited to get a package from his enemy, the delivery man, he peed a little bit.
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2013
I've tried several different dog food brands for my 7 year old black lab mix. This food is the only food that I have purchased where he consistently has healthy looking bowel movements. I would definitely recommend.
on May 21, 2014
I don't think this is Amazon's fault in that the clip art the manufacturer provided for their line of dog foods is not fully informative. Hills is a good brand, but I ordered this diet and when it arrived, the bag said for dogs 1—5! Mine is 8. Their is a significant difference in a dog's nutritional needs at 5 than at 8, particularly giant breeds. Amazon was terrific about correcting this problem, so 5 stars for them, and 1 star for Hill's advertising department.
on May 1, 2015
A couple months ago, our Saint Bernard seemed to take a liking to this brand better than another popular brand which we used for 2 years. That's why we just switched to Hill's Science and put it on Subscribe & Save. However today when I was emptying our first bag into the bowl, we found a dead mouse (or maybe a small rat... I'm too disgusted to examine closely).

Finding rodents or other contaminants in dog food is not unheard of. In other parts of the world, it may even be common. But because this is our first bag of Hill's Science and I'm 100% sure this rodent came from the factory, I'm going to dispose the mouse and cancel our future Subscribe & Save with Hill's Science.
review image
22 comments16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2015
Used this dog food with great success for almost 2 years for our Great Dane. Found a dead mouse in my last new bag. Will not reorder.

See 1 answered question