Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style: Original|Size: 5 lb bag|Change

on February 1, 2013
The vet diagnosed my little Pom(Tazzi) with renal failure and suggested Tazzi be put to sleep on the spot. Of course, I disagreed and took Tazzi home. After 30 minutes of internet research, I discovered several recipes for dog food for dogs with renal failure. I began to make and feed those recipes to Tazzi and he made a quick and remarkable recovery. Making your own dog food can be a little time consuming though so I began to search for pre-made dog foods that would provide the same benefits as the home made dog food. "Science Diet Mature" met my criteria. Reducing the intake of phosphate is extremely important for dogs with kidney troubles and Science diet mature contains the least amount of phosphate I have seen in any other non-specialized, over the counter dog food. Anyway, I put a small handful of Science Diet Mature in a little dish(Tazzi is only 4.5lbs), add some water and microwave it for 1 minute. By the time the mix has cooled, the water has soaked into the food pellets to make them soft and very easy for Tazzi to eat. I feed Tazzi like this whenever he is hungry(about 4 times a day) and fortunately he really likes the taste. I should have had Tazzi on this Science Diet all his life. He is more alert and active than he has been in years! The day the vet advised me to put Tazzi to sleep I thought I only had days left to be with him. Now Im convinced he and I are going to be together for at least another couple of years(he is 13yo atm).
on January 18, 2011
My dogs have been using this food for many years. My 14-year-old and 7-year-old chihuahuas are very healthy and they like the food. My 7-year-old dog has been on the mature adult diet since he was a puppy, since my older chihuahua needed a senior diet to keep her from having trouble with her liver. Science Diet is the best!
VINE VOICEon November 8, 2013
Style: Original|Size: 17.5 lb bag|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Hill's Science Diet for Adults is a great dog food brand. Its a balanced nutrition and you really do see a visible difference in your dog. Our dogs have tried everything from cheaper food to more expensive food. Your dogs will poop more on cheaper brands and fillers then they do on "real" dog food. You are what you eat as they say.

Science Diet provides nutrition to restore youthful energy in 30 days as they say. It won't happen overnight. Just like people it takes a few weeks or more to see and feel a difference. It has antioxidants to maintain overall health and a strong immune system. It is made with high quality ingredients which are easy to digest and contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate for healthy joints and improved mobility. There is only natural ingredients and NO artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.

As far as tastes? We have 5 dogs. All adults and some older adults- and every one of them large and small gobbled the food up- So I would say the taste is great! No upset tummy's or diarrhea as some "cheaper" foods can cause. This is a good brand so I did not expect any issues.
VINE VOICEon October 18, 2013
This is a little difficult to review b/c objectively, it's hard to determine how much a difference a new brand makes with any degree of accuracy. Here's what I can say for sure:

The packaging was very convenient and it arrived quickly. It's nice to have dog food delivered especially slightly mid-heavy bags. Hill's Science Diet came recommended from a friend that's a vet but we were honestly a little worried that the dogs wouldn't like the taste. That was a total waste of a worry. From day one, our dogs loved it. So after two weeks of use, they still love the taste and quickly eat everything we give them. I wouldn't have expected to see anything dramatic one way or the other, but two things seem pretty clear - they do seem to be a little more energetic which is nice. But they've both lost a decent amount of weight (a little over 10% for both of them). They were both getting a little chubby in their old age and the vet has really been pushing us to get them to lose weight. Well, that happened and it was great b/c we didn't cut down the amount of food, they didn't end up hungry and it took no real effort. Since our activity level is very consistent (we go on three walks a day - the same routes day to day) it'd be hard to attribute the weight loss to any increased activity other then just a little higher energy level. Since we've been feeding them the same amounts and the same frequency,it's not a food reduction. This is hardly a scientific study nor did we have a control group, but the wife and I both are pretty convinced it's the food.

We got this package as part of Amazon's Vines program but we were really thrilled with it - we just chose to make this our new brand of choice. We're very impressed with this brand and highly recommend it to anyone else.
on December 27, 2015
Ive been feeding Science Diet to my dogs for some time, it is a trusted brand. I first started feeding the Mature Active Longevity Small Bites and thought it said that glucosamine and chondroitin were added, now it just says 'from natural sources'. So that is confusing. Anyway, my dogs truly love this food. Happy dancing and loud barks when the dry food is added to the bowls! On another note: I sincerely don't understand how people who are paid to do reviews can do an honest review of a dog food unless they have used it for a long time. It is only over time that the effects of a food can be evaluated. I would trust a non-paid pet food reviewer's comments over a paid reviewer any day.
on August 31, 2013
Great product. My dogs like it, and the smaller kibble works for both large and small breeds. Mixes well with meat or cheese if I want to add more to their kibble. Or they eat it alone. Their digestive systems like it too. They maintain regular movements (ahem, ok folks, it MATTERS!). I have a 13 lb chihuahua-rat terrier mix about 6 years old, a 13 lb dachshund/basenji/chihuahua total mutt mix puppy, and a 98 lb 14 year old arthritic labrador. All rescue dogs. All healthy.

Cheaper kibble can bring on gas, diarrhea or just not digesting it well. This is a reasonably priced high quality kibble.
Highly recommend.
on August 17, 2015
I have two yellow labs both around 11 years old, young now. They have always been active dogs, swimming, running, chasing the tennis ball, etc. and they have 5 acres of land to roam a pond and miles of wooded trails, a dog paradise. Last year I noticed a change in their behavior and looks not to mention they no longer had that young dog appearance. They didn't have much interest in the long walks or being outside much. I work from home so these two are with me all day in my shop and office, then with me and the family at night..I mention this as I would notice any change in these two immediately. They are basically my silent business partners and I'd be lost without them and their company. So I started looking into nutrition and supplements to help them out and found Hill's Science Diet and the results were amazing, simply amazing. A complete 180...their fur is much softer and no more itching, eyes are bright and the energy...wow, the energy levels of a three year old lab are back. We used to buy Pedigree and other lesser priced (20.00) bags and then I compared the ingredients of both. I now have no problem spending more for high quality dog food and my dogs absolutely love this stuff, it is worth every penny. It's such a great feeling to know that since they contribute so much to my family it's the least we could do to spend a bit more to make them happy and comfortable. If you truly appreciate your animal, do yourself a favor and utilize Hill's products.
on June 20, 2014
I have a 15 year old mini Daschound who is the Queen of our domain!

She has had tummy problems off and on for 3 years. The vet was insisting on
Every other brand. The Hills I just ordered on a whim and my sweet pup has
NEVER had another problem and is so happy and acts like a three year old!
Thank you Amazon for being there when we were desperate to search for a new product.
on March 3, 2016
Had to purchase this as my dog food of choice (Eukanuba) discontinued my dog's food, a diet he had been on for many years. I was devastated and had to decide what I could supplement my dog's diet with of comparable quality. So naturally I chose Hill's Science Diet. There really was not much of a transition to get the dogs over to this brand, they tolerated it quite well very quickly. It's seems as nutritionally balanced as what they formerly eating.
I love that I can purchase the large bags here on Amazon with Subscribe and Save!

PROS:
-Easy to transition from another brand.
-Dog's seem to like the taste.
-Nutritionally balanced.

CONS:
-Large kibble, wish it was smaller bite.
-Do not see where this is manufactured anywhere in the product description.
Recommend to a friend? Very likely.
Would I purchase again? Yes.

Overall Impression:
Good quality, brand name nutrition for your precious canine family.
on December 17, 2015
I purchased Hill's Science Diet because my little dogs would't eat their Taste of the Wild any longer. They both have food allergies and have both done very well on this dog food. I have a Maltese that is 8 lbs and a Terrier Mix that weighs 11 lbs. My Maltese has more digestive problems then my Terrier and this food has been good for her. She is becoming more regular. She is our "burping" dog. Seriously, burps all of the time! She probably went from burping 10x a day to 2x's a day. I have had to buy the Feline version because my cats started eating the dog's food and I was having a hard time keeping them out of it! Delivery time was fast and came in a sturdy box.