Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

on January 19, 2007
I use this unit a lot. It is bright, and never without power, hence the solar panel. I would recommend this unit to anyone with a grill. I always start grilling when it starts to get dark,wintertime, and always need a flashlight. Now I don't have that problem anymore. Not only that, but the color of the light give a better impression of when the meat is done.
on January 9, 2008
One of my many hobbies is building custom BBQ pits. Some of these things are trailer mounted. A typical cookoff might start with set up in the late evening, cooking all night long (slow smoking a brisket is an 8 to 12 hour event!) and prepping for the judges around lunch time the next day. This light took care of one of my issues - how to see inside the pit in the middle of the night without having to hold a flashlight or lantern in one hand. I clamp this light in place during the day and let the sunshine charge it up. (Alternately you can take the batteries out and charge them up at home with a standard battery charger.) At night I can turn the light on for a few minutes to check the temperature, swivel the light out of the way of the way door with the 18in flex neck, open up and check inside. My big pit is 30in in diameter and 48in long inside. Being able to turn the light to where ever I need it is great. It is bright enough to see what you're looking for but I gave it 4 stars because it wasn't quite as bright as I had hoped. Still works very well for its intended use and I would recommend it to anybody cooking out at night.
on January 10, 2012
The light is not bright enough and when I charged it hoping the light will get brighter, it never turned back on. Then I noticed it is made in China. No wonder! I have replaced it with normal energizer batteries but the light isn't as bright as I want it to be. I shouldn't have to replace the batteries if it is solar operated. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Using a camper LED headlight would work better than this! This doesn't even deserve a one star, but it is asking me to rate it. I give it a zero star in actuality.
on July 8, 2013
A great inventiona and so much easier than a flashlight! I'm not sure why some people did not like this unit - mine has gotten a ton of use. It is super bright, and always ready to go in the evening, since it's been charging all day.

I recommend this light to anyone with a gas or charcoal grill, who wants to see what they're doing in the dark, and who wants to get an accurate perception of the coloring and degree of charring of the meat they are cooking, to ensure the right amount of done-ness.
on December 3, 2011
Alas, despite my efforts to go green, no Solar powered light has delivered satisfactory results, including this item. Seems the solar just can't produce enough power. I live in Scottsdale Arizona with an average of 360 days of sunshine - if it can't work here, I don't think it'll work anywhere. This BBQ light would come on for mere seconds, then turn off. Certainly not enought time to bbq our steaks:( I've returned it and kept the battery operated bbq light also found on Amazon.
on January 1, 2012
I had great interest in this solar powered grill light, but its performance is so poor that it appears to be a total sham. The 're-chargeable' batteries that came with it would not charge in either of the 2 battery chargers I have (that charge all my other AA rechargeable batteries. However, even with good, fully charged AA batteries and 12 days in the bright San Diego sunshine, the light lasted less than 4 minutes and would not re-light, It is no bargain for sure and I am returning it as soon as the postal holiday ends.
on November 8, 2011
I thought this was a perfect gift for my earth conscious husband. I purchased this 4 months ago. When we received we mounted it the grill, which was a little challenging but we finally found a spot for it. We turned it on and were excited to see it light up. A week later we tried turning the light on after it had been outside charging and it would not turn on. We have tried it several times since and it still doesn't work. We have now procrastinated past the point of return so now it's just trash. :(
on September 8, 2009
I purchased 2 of these GL-04's. The cover for the battery compartment is poorly designed. On both units I bought, I literally had to use a screw driver to pry open the battery compartment. I can assure this was done as a very last resort. As a result, it now doesn't shut tightly. The battery cover is not at all weather resistant (even before I tried to open it) and the list of features listed on the box, make no weather resistant claims. Such claims are only made online "Use rain or shine, outdoor and salt-spray tested". In fact the instructions actually state "store the lamp indoors when not in use and DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER". Wanna hear some more false advertisement? The instructions state "The lamps charge lasts up to 1.75 hrs. after a days exposure to full sun". The online advertisement states "it can shine up to 4 hours continuously after full sunlight charging".
on September 22, 2015
It's not that bright. Would need at least 4 of them to see the whole grill decently.