Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

Color: White|Style: 4 Panel (Standard Packaging)|Change

on March 5, 2013
I love how easy this playpen is to put together and it looks nice, HOWEVER, my little 1lb yorkie puppy climbs out of this thing like a monkey. She can easily use the little squares to climb up it like a ladder putting each paw in each square, she then falls out once she's on top. I can no longer keep her in there unattended and ordered the mesh roof. Hopefully this will help.
review image
1212 comments|551 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2007
I purchased this for my little yorkshire terrier to stay in when we all leave the house to go to work. Its wonderful. It is the perfect size and doesnt take up alot of room. My little dog likes to jump up and stand against the walls of this product and they dont fall or shake so it is very sturdy yet very light. It took me a minute to assemble the product and the little door makes it so great we leave it open and my little dog goes in and comes out when he wants. This is a great buy and cheap too.
44 comments|226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2014
So far good fit our situation and the quality is great.
review image review image
33 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2009
**** Editing review 6 years later:

11/19/14
My Maltese is still using this pen and it's in perfect working order. He hasn't jumped out or managed to escape. And he's not easily trainable (I can't get him to stop barking lol) This has been the best pet investment I have made and recommend it whole heartedly.

I've been using this pen for about 6 wks now. At first I had a metal ex-pen but I didn't like that for various reasons. I'd added pictures to show what it looks like in real use. My Maltese pup is about 5lbs. I bought a piece of waterproof building material (shower pan liner from a home building supply store sold by the foot at the cost of $10) to line my pen with for easy clean up and to protect my wood floors from spills. Here's a list of my pros and cons.

PROS:
~ Easy to move around, lightweight, folds flat to quickly stash behind a couch when company comes over
~ Attractive for indoor use
~ Will not scratch floors and does not have sharp edges like the metal ex-pens
~ Quiet, not squeaky and noisy like the metal ex-pen
~ Easy open latches on the door
~ Expandable, you can buy a second pen and add panels to make it bigger
~ Easy to reach over to put food in, get dog out, etc.

CONS:
~ Short and an active dog could easily get out
~ A little small at 3' x 3' but you can purchase another unit to add panels to it. The addition of a crate would make this pen seem a little bit cramped
1616 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2012
I bought this because my dog figured out how to climb out of the cage. It fits perfectly. I have mine velcro'd not on very top, but on next part down. Nice tight fit. My dog can not climb out, can not get to it to chew it up. All the neg. reviews I think has to do with the fact that this cage and mesh top is not made for huge dogs. The muscular dogs can move the cage and most likely tall enough to chew it up. SMALL dogs only. If you have a small dog, you will love this addition. Price is 'right' as well.
on December 31, 2012
I bought two of these with the intention of putting them together and letting my Yorkie and Maltese play together without too much supervision. They love it, there is plenty of room to play (probably as much as a 10x10 room) and it stands up to them bouncing off the walls of it and running in to it wide open. I'm very happy with my purchase and it's even a really pretty shade of pink <3
on July 2, 2012
We bought this for our Chihuahua puppy and it works great. It is easy to assemble, and sturdy. I do suggest putting it in a corner or securing it to a wall, due to the fact that it is not very heavy and can be pushed across the floor fairly easily.
on June 14, 2014
My Pekinese, Baby developed painful neck spasms and was having difficultly walking. I needed something smaller to confine her in to help her heal. I researched many different styles, but chose this one baed on the excellent cost ($20 cheaper than local pet stores), Amazons amazing, reasonable overnight delivery charge, ease of erecting, size, reviews and portability. Phew. It took less than 5 miniatures to put together. My concern was how to get Baby in and out, however, the oversized pins just slide out, the side swings open and in I go...inserting the pin back in when I get her settled. Another great feature is that with one pin out, I can easily 'fold' 2 sides to fit it through the door way...that was very important since I move it from room to room. Since it is very light weight I will eventually bring it outside when she is well again. Last night I even took one pin out, opened up the side and made a wall so she wasn't locked in but could sit by me on the floor. One of my best purchases ever. One other thought....this is lightweight and does not have a floor (obviously)... So if you have an active puppy or dog, they will be able to move this around (a friends experience).. If they jump on the sides. My dog is very calm and low key so this is not an issue,
review image review image review image
on March 27, 2015
This mesh cover is cheap and terribly made. I even purchased the cable ties as a reviewer had suggested and that didn't even stop my little Maltipoo from ripping it apart (see photos). I liked the "idea" of the pen because of it's size (very roomy) but my dog kept jumping out. Hence, the purchase of this cover. I just ordered an iCrate instead. Hopefully that will work out better for us!
review image review image
on December 4, 2012
I ordered 2 sets of the 4 panel. I love the design and the color but the crate is very light weight. I have mine against a wall on one side and used books on the other side to keep it from falling. Any determined dog can push this around and get out. I'm keeping mine because my dog is only 6 pounds and has short legs so he can't jump out.I wish the product was more sturdy.
review image