Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style Name: 7 Inch|Change
Price:$14.31+ Free shipping

on April 18, 2011
Bought this Kershaw Knive from amazon.com. I have used it now about six times and each time on about a dozen crappie or bass. It has a great feel to it. Fit's my hand just right and the grip is solid, doesn't slip around. It's very sharp and will slice thru the bones good. So far I haven't sharpened it any. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a excellent fillet knife.
on April 17, 2009
I had one brought down to me in Jamaica, and it is great to fillet fish, chicken. However, get yourself a hand guard for your left hand or be very careful when using -- this baby is sharp! Great case for storage.
on October 14, 2012
This 9" blade Kershaw fillet knife from Amazon is flexible enough to follow the bone curvature without leaving meat behind but does not wobble when you make a hard straight cut. The blade maintains it edge very well.
on June 15, 2016
The Kershaw Fillet Knife with sheath is a good value -- quality, performance and cost. The 9-inch blade is very useful for larger fillets, although for small fillets it requires some care during use. The knife "clicks" into the sheath and stays in-place, even when carried in luggage. The knife maintained its edge and was flexible, steady in the handle with a non-slip grip..
on August 20, 2013
The knife arrived in mint condition and it seemed sharp enough.

I took it on a fishing trip and we used it to fillet a couple of tuna, it worked perfectly at the beginning, the problem is that after a couple of hours (we were still on the boat) it started to show RUST! I'm uploading a picture so you can see what I mean, I had never seen something like this, after a couple of hours it just got rust all over it.

At the end of the afternoon (we caught around 8 fish that we filleted) it was kind of dull also, but the main issue is the rust. If I was in USA I'd return it, too bad I brought it to Costa Rica with me and the return would be more expensive than the knife.

review image
on July 26, 2011
I bought this 7" Kershaw to replace its 9" big brother as a component of my take-along gear when I go bottom fishing. This is a good -- not great, good -- knife at an excellent price. The rubberized handle give it a solid feel, and the blade holds a good edge that can easily shave the hair on your arm. My only complaint about the knife is that the blade is a bit too narrow, making it overly flexible.

While the 9" Kershaw is of equal quality and feel, I found it too long to the point of being unwieldy, and the extra length amplified the flexible nature of the blade. The 7" is really the perfect length for a general use fillet knife.
on July 18, 2013
This knife is the wickedest-looking tool in my knife drawer. It's also wicked sharp out of the box. Not too fancy looking, but well-balanced with a dependable grip even when wet or greasy. I thought about getting the 7-inch version, which would work just fine for 99 percent of my fileting needs, but for a couple of extra bucks I can brandish this outrageous cutlass and impress the neighbors and the cat. Seriously, it glides right through flank steak and flounder, has the right amount of blade flexibility and curve for me, and is actually fun to use. All for 13 bucks - go figure!

Oh, don't cut off your finger.
on June 19, 2013
This obviously isn't Kershaws finest, and its actually embarrassing to have the kershaw name attached to it. Nonetheless, for $11, this blade is very nice for the price. Love the aesthetics, nice grip, long blade, but the blade is pretty dull. It was decent in terms of its sharpness, but not what I expect from kershaw. Cutting paper, fine... Cutting meat was decent, but when trying to cut an orange to test sharpness, it FAILED. I know that's not what this knife is for, but if it can't cut an orange, then how will I fillet a fish!?
on August 28, 2015
This is a well-balanced, well-made filet knife. Like most, it's super lightweight, holds a very sharp edge and just glides through Salmon flesh. The handle is a tough and very grippy rubber. It comes with a stiff plastic sheath that protects the edge and point very well. I love this knife especially for the price!
on December 26, 2015
Good knife but the handle isn't very comfortable and the sheath is just plain horribly uncomfortable, it's secure and isn't gonna get cut through but the edges are sharp, I got it because it was cheap and I needed a fillet knife and have had very good experience with other kershaw knives, if I got another cheap fillet knife I'd probably go with a morakniv mora fillet knife.