Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on October 18, 2013
I purchased this as a replacement for a wood handled fillet knife that I lost along with my tackle box. My expectations were low due to the low price of this product. I was pleasantly surprised by the sharpness and durability of the knife. It could stand to have a bit more flex in the blade, hence the 4 star rating instead of the 5, but other than that it has performed well for 2 seasons of fishing both salt and fresh water. Overall I would recommend this for purchase, and you won't cry if it is lost as the price is reasonable.
on July 26, 2011
I bought this 7" Kershaw to replace its 9" big brother as a component of my take-along gear when I go bottom fishing. This is a good -- not great, good -- knife at an excellent price. The rubberized handle give it a solid feel, and the blade holds a good edge that can easily shave the hair on your arm. My only complaint about the knife is that the blade is a bit too narrow, making it overly flexible.

While the 9" Kershaw is of equal quality and feel, I found it too long to the point of being unwieldy, and the extra length amplified the flexible nature of the blade. The 7" is really the perfect length for a general use fillet knife.
on December 26, 2015
Good knife but the handle isn't very comfortable and the sheath is just plain horribly uncomfortable, it's secure and isn't gonna get cut through but the edges are sharp, I got it because it was cheap and I needed a fillet knife and have had very good experience with other kershaw knives, if I got another cheap fillet knife I'd probably go with a morakniv mora fillet knife.
on June 23, 2013
Very satisfied with my Kershaw fillet knife. My wife is probably going to steal this from me for daily cooking and carving. The only shortcoming is I would like it to be more flexible for filleting smaller fish. Worked great for 10+ pound snapper but proved difficult and wasteful on 6 lb flounder. Also knife tends to fall out of sheath too easily. The sheath need a snap restraint. On the upside, it sharpens quickly and easily and holds edge for adequate sessions.
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2012
My love of the kershaw brand began when my grandmother gave me a set of blades that had 1 interchangable handle. So when i saw this fillet knife on lightning deals for an amazing price i didnt hesitate to grab it. Ofcourse it was a great buy,the blade is amazingly sharp, and the handle feels very sturdy and strong. If this knife is anything like the other ones i own then it will last a long long time. It fillets like a dream and i highly recommend it!
on February 10, 2016
Just got this knife today. However it did not come sharp. That being said if you know how to use a sharpening stone you can put a razor sharp edge on it. It is a quality knife. Kershaw has been one of my favorite brands for many years and it proved to hold true to its name. The knife has good flexibility and has a nice sturdy handle. Just what I was looking for
on July 18, 2012
Brand new knife used to fillet two freshly caught saltwater trout. Rinsed off blade at the bait house and by the time I got back home 2 hours later to clean my gear about 15 tiny rust lines had appeared on cutting edge of the blade along with one small rust spot on the side. Nice grip but disappointed with the rusting.
on March 12, 2016
As a fillet knife I would give this four stars. As a boning and trimming knife this is an excellent knife. I purchased to replace an older fillet knife, but this blade was too stiff for my taste. In a pinch, I used this knife to break down a pork shoulder and it was terrific. I have since used this extensively to trim ribs and briskets and break down primals and poultry. It will also be a new addition to my butchering kit when hunting.
on October 15, 2009
Bought this knife and immediately left for Alaska to fish for salmon. Worked like a good knife should. Kept a good edge..
on January 31, 2016
Knife is super sharp. Used it to trim and then cut ribs. Moved through them like butter. Sharper than my kershaw and spyderco EDCs. Sharper than my wustoff santoku as well. The sheath is useless though. Very cheap plastic, but for $15 what do you expect. Overall great buy.