Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on July 26, 2011
I bought this 7" Kershaw to replace its 9" big brother as a component of my take-along gear when I go bottom fishing. This is a good -- not great, good -- knife at an excellent price. The rubberized handle give it a solid feel, and the blade holds a good edge that can easily shave the hair on your arm. My only complaint about the knife is that the blade is a bit too narrow, making it overly flexible.

While the 9" Kershaw is of equal quality and feel, I found it too long to the point of being unwieldy, and the extra length amplified the flexible nature of the blade. The 7" is really the perfect length for a general use fillet knife.
on October 15, 2009
Bought this knife and immediately left for Alaska to fish for salmon. Worked like a good knife should. Kept a good edge..
on July 18, 2012
Brand new knife used to fillet two freshly caught saltwater trout. Rinsed off blade at the bait house and by the time I got back home 2 hours later to clean my gear about 15 tiny rust lines had appeared on cutting edge of the blade along with one small rust spot on the side. Nice grip but disappointed with the rusting.
on April 20, 2012
Knife is of good construction and quality and price is very good. functional, safe sheath of rubber/plastic comes with. Blade is just right for small to medium fish and steel seems good.
on October 18, 2013
I purchased this as a replacement for a wood handled fillet knife that I lost along with my tackle box. My expectations were low due to the low price of this product. I was pleasantly surprised by the sharpness and durability of the knife. It could stand to have a bit more flex in the blade, hence the 4 star rating instead of the 5, but other than that it has performed well for 2 seasons of fishing both salt and fresh water. Overall I would recommend this for purchase, and you won't cry if it is lost as the price is reasonable.
on April 9, 2013
I bought this to replace or augment my Rapala knife, which seems to loose an edge after a couple fish. The first use was amazing - cut through bones and skin with very little effort. Nice blade shape which allows for good maneuverability around rib cages. However, after the second use / batch of fish with this knife, I found that I needed to touch up the edge just as I did with the Rapala. I'll be looking for a shorter blade next, but I think I will avoid a Kershaw. I do like the handle / grip. It is much more comfortable than the wooden one on the Rapala and will not slip easily even when covered with fish slime.
on June 23, 2013
Very satisfied with my Kershaw fillet knife. My wife is probably going to steal this from me for daily cooking and carving. The only shortcoming is I would like it to be more flexible for filleting smaller fish. Worked great for 10+ pound snapper but proved difficult and wasteful on 6 lb flounder. Also knife tends to fall out of sheath too easily. The sheath need a snap restraint. On the upside, it sharpens quickly and easily and holds edge for adequate sessions.
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2012
My love of the kershaw brand began when my grandmother gave me a set of blades that had 1 interchangable handle. So when i saw this fillet knife on lightning deals for an amazing price i didnt hesitate to grab it. Ofcourse it was a great buy,the blade is amazingly sharp, and the handle feels very sturdy and strong. If this knife is anything like the other ones i own then it will last a long long time. It fillets like a dream and i highly recommend it!
on December 26, 2015
Good knife but the handle isn't very comfortable and the sheath is just plain horribly uncomfortable, it's secure and isn't gonna get cut through but the edges are sharp, I got it because it was cheap and I needed a fillet knife and have had very good experience with other kershaw knives, if I got another cheap fillet knife I'd probably go with a morakniv mora fillet knife.
on February 20, 2013
This was exactly what I was looking for. I have had now for a few months and use it daily. I only use it for vegetables and it is perfect. It has stayed sharp and it is good and sturdy. My last fillet knife was too flexible and it finally broke. This knife has a good solid feel. I would definitely recommend this knife.