Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on January 30, 2012
I first ordered this as a Christmas present for my husband. It was beautiful. However, when he got it and started wearing it, it lost time. He was very disappointed as this was the reason he got a Seiko, for the accuracy. We complained to Amazon and they immediately sent a new one and it has been excellent. They were very good about the exchange,sending a new one immediately and I sent the other one back after getting the new one. This one has been very accurate.
on September 29, 2010
LOOKS: Beauty is only skin-deep right? Yes this watch is extremely beautiful. The gold tones are just exquisite. Everything about this watch is lovely, but there is more to it then just looks right?

WEARABILITY: This watch is extremely comfortable and a delight to wear. I've owned a number of watches over the years and this is perhaps the most comfortable to wear, or at least in the top 2 that I own.

FUNCTIONALITY: Keeps great time. The automatic movement is very nice and smooth and maintains its "charge" for a fair amount of time.

Bottom line, this watch is definitely worth the price and worth it if you're looking for a nice classy time piece with the good Seiko name.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2008
I ordered this watch, as my last one (Croton) that I ordered elsewhere stopped working in a short amount of time. I love my new Seiko watch---it's comfortable, looks great and keeps great time.
on November 9, 2013
looks exactly like a rolex presidential or datejust! So many compliments from random people who walk past me.. "nice rolex son!" hahaha they can't even tell the difference I love it!

[...]
on November 12, 2013
Watch has been in twice for repair...gains at least 10 minutes per day. Rather than send it in for a third time,I am returning it for a refund.
on November 5, 2012
I have several high end European automatic and manual wind watches that are hundreds of times more expensive than this Seiko but this watch does not feels inexpensive or cheaply made.

This Seiko has an automatic mov't [7s26] that is used in numerous Seiko Divers and other watches.
It is a tried and true movement and exceedingly reliable. You will need to either wear it every day or have a watch winder to keep the movement going if you do not want to have to set the time and date every time you use it.

Now as for the case, dial and bracelet, I do not know how Seiko can sell this absolute beauty of a watch for this low price.

It is a beautifully designed and exceptionally well made watch with an automatic movement that would cost many times more were it a Swiss or German product.

Get it and you will love it.
on June 27, 2014
Well it's quite obvious this is Seiko's homage to the classic Rolex Datejust design, with its jubilee style bracelet, fluted bezel, and similar case from the top anyway. The differences are obvious to a watch aficionado but from across the room it could pass. Anyway the Seiko 5s are a perfect way to get into automatic watches and this is among the better looking 5s in my opinion. A few things to note are that the index markers and the hands really are BLACK so if you're looking for a gold-on-gold-on-gold look, this isn't quite it, although the black helps with visibility a lot. Speaking of visibility the lume is quite bright on these watches. The crown is really unobtrusive and I can't feel it touching my hand or wrist at all, so when I'm biking, it's more comfortable to wear than my "nicer" omegas, the crowns which dig into my hand. I haven't timed how long it'll run without winding, but if I wear it every few days it seems fine. The second hand sweep is about 5 increments per second, so it's sort of smooth but you can see the increments easily if you're looking straight at the second hand. The dial has a great sunray effect to it. It's very easy to set the day, date and time, and update them if/when the watch stops.

My complaints about the watch are: first, that the bracelet sucks, like most 5s. It is made with folded steel links, weighs absolutely nothing, and the clasp feels really cheap. And second, that it can't be manually wound. I replaced the bracelet on mine with a Hadley Roma solid link President style bracelet (the lug width is 20mm, in case you want to copy me.) and it looks and feels 100% better and I love wearing it around.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2015
I didn't buy this watch from Amazon but spent a lot of time researching with very little conclusive information. This is my honest opinion on the watch. The gold tone is closer to a 23k than a gold with higher alloy content. I'm not a fan of this as it's very very bright. However this is a minor concern as anyone who can see it's a seiko knows it's not gold anyway. People have reported the watch losing time. I have owned mine w weeks now and it's kept time perfectly so no issues there. The lume is very very bright for about 5 Mins then becomes much more dull but just enough to read in pitch blackness. All in all I really like it and think it's a great watch
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2010
The watch looks good and I love the watchband. The watch, however, gains over one minute per day, rendering it unusable as a reliable timepiece. My ancient 25-year-old Seiko is accurate to within a few seconds after 6 months -- I only reset it when the time changes in spring and autumn.

Seiko has clearly lowered their standards and I won't buy another Seiko again.
22 comments6 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2014
Great watch at a great price with great customer service.