Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: Medium, 3-Pack|Change

on May 30, 2011
I own five filters that use these cartridges and they work very well, however I found that if you buy the Tetra 26160 Whisper Bio-Bag Cartridge, Unassembled, Medium, 12-Pack you're going to save $$$.

You can reuse the plastic frames (recycle, recycle) from these cartridges. You'll end up paying less than a buck a piece for the Unassembled ones!

They look and work the same.

They are both manufactured by the same company, Tetra.

Prime also!
66 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2013
These are great quality filters. They will clean the water and keep it clear. I am cheap when it comes to things like this. I washed the filter really well each week and each filter ended up lasting for months and months. In fact one of these pacts lasted me a whole year and the water never got cloudy. If you do clean these be carefully with them. If you are too rough the black rocks inside can escape and you will have to throw it away.
on August 2, 2014
These filters do their job, but they are over-priced. If you want to save money, just make your own with the Bio-Bag Disposable Filter Cartridges (Medium). The kit includes all you need for making the same filters and they are easy and fast to assemble!
(Review edited to change the product rating to 5 stars instead of 3. The product is great and it shouldn't be down-rated due to price, if you want to spend the little extra so you don't have to make your own, that is your choice for the extra luxury and it really isn't that large of a money difference in the end.)
on November 12, 2015
If your considering ordering these instead of getting them from a pet store...DO IT! The money you save is worth it, if you have a turtle you know how messy they are. the price for both of these is the same price for one box at petco!
on April 5, 2014
This filter is installed in a half-filled 120 gallon tank housing 2 medium-sized turtles. It is performing very, very well. I am delighted with the clarity of the water. First the filter had to clean up the water after a few days of no filter when the old one failed. It did that within a couple days. Accessing the filters to clean/change them is a matter of lifting the top of the rock formation and pulling out the filters. This is the first filter I've had that didn't hang off the side of the tank and I like it very much; and it looks like a decoration instead of a utilitarian piece of equipment. Finally, our turtles actually use it for basking. What more could I ask for in a filter?
on February 28, 2016
We've been using this filter since Christmas when we gave our son his turtles. They were so stinky! He has been obsessed with turtles for a while and that was the only thing he wanted for Christmas. It just so happened that one of our neighbors was looking for a new home for theirs. The filter that they had did not work great and his whole room and the hallway smelled like turtle even after changing the water. We bought this filter and within a couple of hours, the smell was gone. The replacement cartridges are very easy to change out. I'm still amazed at what a difference this filter made. I highly recommend it.
on January 12, 2016
For some reason these do not fit my filter exactly right, even though they are supposedly the right filter replacement. They lack a notch in the bottom that my filter needs for these to fit correctly and be pushed all the way down into the filter assembly. I can get them to fit with some twisting, but it's not great.
on January 18, 2016
I started buying knockoffs at walmart that work just as good and are a little cheaper. Sometimes these show ujp and the filters have no carbon in them. Other times they have so much carbon in them the filter is literally bursting at the seams. Most of the time you get what you'd expect but there are better options.
on April 3, 2016
These are very convenient to use and a time saver. I replace them every 2 weeks and they definitely take a lot of debris out of the water. You can see the debris stuck to the used filters when you replace them. The water stays pretty clear with these too. The Repto Filter (large) uses 2 medium size filter cartridges at a time, so you are better off to order 2-4 boxes, as each box contains 3 filter cartridges.
on November 28, 2015
The filter does what it's supposed to but struggles to keep our small 10 gallon aquarium clean. The aquarium only has 4-5" water in it typically and one tiny turtle. We switch out the filters about every 10-14 days, but by the we need to refill the tank because it's so nasty. Maybe we are just not knowledgeable enough in turtle care.