Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: Medium, 3-PackChange

on May 30, 2011
I own five filters that use these cartridges and they work very well, however I found that if you buy the Tetra 26160 Whisper Bio-Bag Cartridge, Unassembled, Medium, 12-Pack you're going to save $$$.

You can reuse the plastic frames (recycle, recycle) from these cartridges. You'll end up paying less than a buck a piece for the Unassembled ones!

They look and work the same.

They are both manufactured by the same company, Tetra.

Prime also!
66 comments36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2013
These are great quality filters. They will clean the water and keep it clear. I am cheap when it comes to things like this. I washed the filter really well each week and each filter ended up lasting for months and months. In fact one of these pacts lasted me a whole year and the water never got cloudy. If you do clean these be carefully with them. If you are too rough the black rocks inside can escape and you will have to throw it away.
on April 5, 2014
This filter is installed in a half-filled 120 gallon tank housing 2 medium-sized turtles. It is performing very, very well. I am delighted with the clarity of the water. First the filter had to clean up the water after a few days of no filter when the old one failed. It did that within a couple days. Accessing the filters to clean/change them is a matter of lifting the top of the rock formation and pulling out the filters. This is the first filter I've had that didn't hang off the side of the tank and I like it very much; and it looks like a decoration instead of a utilitarian piece of equipment. Finally, our turtles actually use it for basking. What more could I ask for in a filter?
on June 25, 2013
These filters keep the tank clean as long as you change them regularly of course and they fit my filter.
on July 16, 2014
The item received was the medium size and not the large as stated in the photo & description.
on August 2, 2014
These filters do their job, but they are over-priced. If you want to save money, just make your own with the Bio-Bag Disposable Filter Cartridges (Medium). The kit includes all you need for making the same filters and they are easy and fast to assemble!
(Review edited to change the product rating to 5 stars instead of 3. The product is great and it shouldn't be down-rated due to price, if you want to spend the little extra so you don't have to make your own, that is your choice for the extra luxury and it really isn't that large of a money difference in the end.)
on November 26, 2012
I love this product. It's afforable and it is very durable. The filters doesn't cloud the water when you initially put them in.
on November 1, 2011
I love these ReptoFilter Cartridges. They keep my turtle cage crystal clear! They are affordable, and easy to change, and a practical solution to keeping your reptiles water clean and healthy. I typically use them for about a week and then change them out to maintain clear water in my tank. I also use the ReptoFilter along with this. If you have an aquatic reptile and your not using a filter, buy one, it will make things SO MUCH EASIER. Here is a link to the one that I use: ReptoFilter In-Tank Filter
on November 12, 2015
If your considering ordering these instead of getting them from a pet store...DO IT! The money you save is worth it, if you have a turtle you know how messy they are. the price for both of these is the same price for one box at petco!
on February 9, 2016
The product is great if it were shipped as specified in the description. My product arrived on time and was nicely packaged, However, when i opened the contents to use one of the three filters, I noticed that one of the filters was empty of the carbon element. Basically I saw only a filter pad and no charcoal at all. I guess I can still use it if I buy my own charcoal and fill it myself.

It was a ADD ON item so it is not worth my time and effort to return this as it was inexpensive. However I wanted to give my opinion on what I received. I would send a picture but you wont be able to see that the charcoal is missing from the white filter pad....
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse