Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Amazon VideoChange
Price:$1.99

on September 8, 2015
Not bad!!
review image
on February 20, 2015
This is a great animated learning series for pre-schoolers and toddlers. It is very fun to watch with your child. These animators and producers were really trying to reach out to children to build thier cognitive learning and memory skills. I believe my daughter was about two years old when she started watching Dora. She picked up new words in her vocabular from the show on a daily basis. My daughter also developed the ability to tell a simple story and learned how to describe a sequence of events during the time she watched Dora the Explorer. There are just so many good things to say about this children's program that I wish I had more time to write them all down. Watch the first season and I am sure your child's speech patterns will double or triple. My daughter and I watched the first season three times in less than a month. Even if your child's speech patterns don't improve as fast as my daughter's, I'm sure your child will learn to dance to the closing music of each show's "We Did It!" theme song.
on June 8, 2013
My granddaughters have both loved Dora. Each episode contains multiple lessons about life and character. Additionally, they are exposed to Spanish as well as lessons about diversity and culture. This provides a great early childhood foundation for learning.
on September 25, 2015
My 2 year old Greatgranddaughter loves Dora. She loves the music and dances on her toes. She is a little afraid of Dora's grandmaw's voice. She starts backing up when she hears it. Dora does a great job of teaching.
review image
0Comment11 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2013
Love this on Amazon prime streaming video - my 3yr old daughter can't get enough of Dora and Boots. She now loves to take her own backpack places and we'll be making a map soon. Great entertainment for the younger crowd.
0Comment15 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2016
I can't stand Dora. The characters all sound like they're yelling, the "interaction" is just obvious questions (my kids look at me like, why is she asking such a stupid question? Is there a trick answer?), the animation isn't that great, and there's fairly limited educational value. The only reason this popped up for me is that I gave the tablet to my not-quite-two year old and she managed to fumble her way into an episode. She kind of likes it now, but she also enjoys picking her nose, so grain of salt on her standards. If you're looking for educational tv for kids, literally ANYTHING on PBS is going to be galaxies ahead of this drivel, and more enjoyable as an adult, too. The only redeeming value is the occasional Spanish lesson, which is a nice feature. Just wish the animation, characters, interaction, plot, and lessons were better.
on October 31, 2015
Maybe we just tried to show this to our daughter too early (she's 2 1/2), but she is terrified of the fox in the show. There don't seem to be really good morals in the show either. After one of the episodes my daughter wouldn't stop asking for the ice cream truck because that was what Dora was looking for in that episode. We might revisit this show when she's older because it's one of the few kids shows that teaches Spanish.
on January 31, 2016
First of all it's not a program I remember. I grew up on Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock. Aging myself I know.

My girls have experienced the Dora fad a wee bit late. I think 12 plus years. However it does not diminish their experience.

We watch 1-2 episodes of toddler oriented material per day. They are little zombies watching that flickering screen. I had no idea whatever they were listening to stuck until... "toot-toot, chugga chugga!" and "azul, AZUL!!" hours later. Plus 5 stars for that.

Now don't get me wrong I love me some education but, my subliminal conscience has been inundating me with the map song, backpack and Dora sing along enough. Minus 2 stars for that.

Plus one star because of boots. Seriously? How can you not love a monkey named boots?

Ugh, what have we done? Pandora's box.

Your move Dora.
on February 9, 2016
Dora, while cute, is quite possibly the spawn of satan. As we watch episodes of Dora, my daughter seems to become more and more excited, but we (her parents) begin to feel a deep seated rage build up inside of us. Voices start building up inside of us saying things like "it's ok to throw a tv across a room" or "it's ok to run away and never come back". While I think it is beneficial for our daughter to also see the world and explore, I wish Dora would set the bar a bit lower. We aren't rich or anything, can't Dora explore the local playground? Go to the free admissions zoo? Go to McDonalds and explore public restrooms?

In the end, our daughter really likes Dora, but I am growing in a fear that the evil in Dora's heart that I can already feel is going to rub off and we are going to have some real life horror story on our hands.
on November 17, 2015
I wish Nickelodeon would play Dora a little more. My daughters almost 3 and loves Dora right now. Honestly, I think Dora The Explorer has more to offer -when it comes to children's fundamental learning - than most shows supposedly built for that age really have to offer. She learns, the music gets her dancing and interactive and honestly, I don't mind seeing the same episode frequently a few times in a short span of time. As the father of a girl toddler, I would highly recommend any season of Dora The Explorer. But, just like every other parent with a child that age, be ready to buy things like Dora & Boots slippers, school bags, sleepwear, etc., It's completely worth it tho!