Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on June 2, 2011
In the old days they made great keyboards; now most keyboards are mushy. This is a solid keyboard with good tactile feedback. Alas it is ps/2 native so either pick up a converter or make sure your motherboard has a ps/2 connector (mine does but I noticed with sandy bridge a lot of the motherboards are starting to drop ps/2 connectors)
on February 12, 2009
This Keytronic keyboard replaces the low profile keyboard that came with my HP Pavilion d5000t PC. I found it difficult to adjust to the HP's low profile keys and decided to replace it with this Keytronic standard keyboard that has the old style high profile keys. I like the tactile feedback and the key spacing of the Keytronic much better than the HP keyboard. However, because keyboards are a matter of personal taste, I can't recommend it to everyone. I recommend you try a keyboard before you buy it. I took a chance and bought this one without trying it because it's relatively inexpensive. Fortunately, things worked out ok for me.
on March 27, 2013
The keyboard itself is fine. Feels solid. Grips the desk well. Nice responsiveness to the touch. However, I should have looked more carefully at the layout before buying. Key Tronic has a large L-shaped Enter key which they accommodate by moving the Backslash key up one row and shrinking the Backspace key. As someone with 20+ years of finger muscle memory, moving those two keys is akin to flipping the gas & brake pedals in a car and re-learning how to drive. Not fun.
on December 4, 2011
This keyboard has a high quality feel to it. I needed a keyboard with a PS2 connection, so I ordered this one based on the reviews for it posted so far.

Why didn't I rate it five stars? Well, in the short time I have owned it, my A key is already starting to fade away. The company who created this did a fantastic job on everything except for the painting of the keys on the keyboard. Although my former Logitech keyboard does not have as good a feel to it as this one, every single key has retained its letters after years and years of usage. Why is my A key fading away only after a few weeks of usage? You could have a done a better job than this, Keytronic.
on October 2, 2011
The keyboard works fine, and it's not as mushy as most keyboards in this price range. Don't expect the same feel as buckling springs, though. My primary concern is that the PS/2 plug is greatly enlarged for no reason around the middle, making it connect to my KVM switch at an angle pushing against the VGA connector, and I imagine it would not work at all on some motherboards if it were close to other connectors in use. The white paint lettering on the keys reminds me of keyboards from 25 years ago, but how that reflects its durability I can't comment yet. Also be aware it uses the small backspace and L shaped enter key style, which may or may not be to your liking. It's unfortunate so few PS/2 models are still being produced to choose from.
on July 17, 2011
I am a software engineer and can type close to 100 wpm. I had a Microsoft multimedia keyboard and didn't like the feel of it. The reviews for this keyboard impressed me so I thought I'd give it a try. The keys have a good feel, is not too noisy, and seems to be well built. Recommended for the business professional.
on August 6, 2012

Well, it is now 2015-03-04, 2-1/2 years after purchasing the three keyboards (model KT800P2), and I have had two of them in daily use the whole time. For both keyboards the action still feels good on all keys, everything works, and the letter paint has held up well. So I am bumping my rating up to 5.

---------- Original Review ----------

This is Key Tronic model KT800P2.

The only reason I rated this a 4 instead of a 5, is because I just received it and therefore don't know how long the nice action and letter paint will last. It looks and feels sturdy though. It reminds me of the old PS/2 keyboards that used to come with IBM PCs back in the old days. The Backslash key is in the upper extreme right, the Enter key is the large L-shape kind, the Shift keys are double width, the lower-row Alt keys flank the space bar; everything is where I'm used to it being. I was immediately comfortable with it, which is good because I write a lot of SQL queries and program code.

I bought two, and now I'm going to order a third one so I'll be set for a while.
on February 5, 2012
Toughest and cheapest keyboard I could find. The resistance of the keys holds up to 1,000's of hours of typing and video games. After 3 years my old one was so dirty I decided to buy a new one instead of removing all the keys to clean under them. I will keep the old one for a backup because it still works with no issues.
on March 28, 2014
A very good, cheap, ps/2 keyboard.
No issues with it whatsoever.
Have used it on a 98se (yeah, yeah, I know) machine, a win7 64 machine, and a win8 64 machine.
Not TOO loud of clicking (but, I use a mechanical keyboard most of the time, so its very subjective noise wise from me).
Nice, tactile feedback from the keys.
A little bit sharp for me though on the key edges (-1 star).
All in all, a great, cheap keyboard.
on March 31, 2009
I was looking for a reliable, high quality, standard PS2 keyboard, without any fancy multimedia- or OS-specific keys (I'm dual-booting Linux and Windows). The KT800P2 is just that. It has a solid feel, and the tactile feedback of the keys is just right.

Also bought 3 Keytronic 2MOUSEP2L optical mice, and gave them 5 stars as well. Keytronic makes good stuff.