Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 23, 2007
This the THE watch that put Invicta on the map. Styled after the Rolex Submariner, the 8926 has a very solid feel to it.

Mechanical watches can cost thousands of dollars and need to be serviced every 2-3 years. They have to be either worn daily, stored on a watch winder, or hand-wound lest they stop ticking and have to be re-set. Even with due diligence, premium timepieces have to be manually adjusted every month because they will run a couple of minutes fast or slow. Are you willing to put up with this just to own "a work of art?" That is the big question someone with a casual (or fleeting) interest must ask themselves. But at Invicta's price point, this is a perfect way to find out.

Ironically, mechanical watches are a joy to wear because of their complications. The back case is covered by a mineral crystal, so you can actually see the inner workings. The second hand sweeps around the dial, which I think is more elegant than a quartz movement. The aesthetic quality is the main selling point. We are really talking about men's jewelry here folks. With clocks, cell phones, tv and the like, it is not hard to find out the correct time. So to me, a mechanical watch is worth the idiosyncrasies. Buy the Invicta and wear it for a couple of years. This way, when your are ready to drop $2500 on an Omega, $5000 on the Rolex, or $100,000 on a Patek Philippe, at least you will have an idea of what you have gotten yourself into.
1515 comments|272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2014
If you are looking for a solid automatic timepiece with an homage to the wonderful Rolex Submariner, and have less than $100 to spend, then look no further than the Invicta 8926ob. The version that Amazon is now selling is the version 2 which has the TMI NH35A 24 jewel automatic Seiko Japanese movement with hacking (the ability to stop the second hand), manual winding AND auto-winding, a screw-down crown, a date window with cyclops on the crystal and a nice if somewhat stubborn to move bezel. You also get a nicely sized window back so you can view the movement in action. All nice touches. The second hand sweeps reasonably smooth and mine has been accurate to +/- 5 to 8 seconds a day. Certainly a quartz watch (just about ANY quartz watch) will ultimately be more accurate than ANY automatic movement, but there truly is something wonderful about having a real self-driven, perpetual machine on your wrist. It is hard to describe, but it has been true in my case. For the dollar, this is one sweet watch. Oh... rated to 200 meters water resistance. Pretty respectable although I have not confirmed if this is accurate or not.

Ok... so what's not to like? Mind you, these are essentially just nit picks...

1. The bracelet, while nice looking, is nothing to write home about. It works just fine but you can tell this is where Invicta saved some beans. Some folks may never care, as it is a decent looking band that does the job, but to me it is a bit "lightweight" and does not quite live up to the quality of the actual watch. I would not hesitate to spend an additional $35 to $50 for a real oyster style band with solid end links and a bit more robust look. Either way, it is hardly a deal breaker because this watch sells for less than $100 which is amazing, considering the over-all quality.

2. Invicta couldn't help themselves and had to engrave their name into the non-crown side of the watch. Some people may like this. I personally hate it. Again, not a deal-breaker in any way, but I certainly would have preferred they had not. At least it doesn't call too much attention to itself on initial inspection.

3. The lume is just OK, nothing more. Yes, if you light it with a high-powered LED flashlight for a minute and then go stand in a dark room it will glow furiously, but give it 10-minutes and that glow will dwindle down significantly. At least is illuminates properly in that the hour markers, the second, minute and hour hands glow evenly, so that is a plus. Just wish it was better in this regard (ummm like a true Rolex or Omega, etc), but again, something had to give at this price point and in all honestly, we're talking about a really nice looking watch with a reliable Japanese automatic movement for less than $100.

4. Invicta has sadly earned a bad reputation for very poor customer service. I have not had to deal with this personally, but I have read horror stories. This makes purchasing from a dealer like Amazon extremely appealing as their return policy is golden. Having said that, the 8926 has been one of the great successes for Invicta. It is an iconic time piece for them and I'm pretty sure the one you'll receive will be spot-on.

So to sum things up:

Great watch. Looks and performs far more expensive than it is. It is very comfortable to wear. Keeps accurate time. Fools some people into thinking you're sporting a Rolex - don't kid yourself though, this is NOT a Rolex - but at the very least, it can make for some fun comparison if you run into someone sporting an actual Submariner. The watch looks great dressed up or casual. Probably the perfect daily beater. If you like the look, I say go for it.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2015
I love this watch. I'm not a high end collector, as there are many things I'd rather do with my money once I get to the $1k to $2k range (i.e. travel!). So I've limited my enthusiasm for the best quality watches I can find at an affordable price. My Seiko SKX009, my Orient Blue Ray, my Bulova Marine Star, and my hand full of Timex watches make me very happy. But I must say, I'm a sucker for a homage watch. Especially the Submariner. What a classic! And while I appreciate the brands that make there's different enough to stand on their own, I wanted a Sub homage as aesthetically close to the real thing. I kept coming back to the Invicta, as has so many of the details of the Submariner. I kept hesitating, because, as you probably know, the Invicta brand is quite a despised brand in the high-end watch world. But for the price, I decided there was little to lose.

I must say, I've had my share of fashion watches (i.e. Fossil) that have lasted me 6 months, and I've had my Seikos that have lasted me many years, and this definitely feels like it's in the "last for years" category. It's a solid, high quality watch. And this is probably why it's hated by so many. Invicta is a high marketing operation that plays to all kinds of tastes (95% is not for me!), but this one is classic. I liken Invicta to the New Era 5950 baseball cap. Do they make hats that look absolutely absurd? Yes! But will that keep me from owning an on-field MLB authentic cap of my favorite team? Of course not. So yes, pass by those ridiculous over-the-top Invictas out there. But don't pass up this. I'm certain the Rolex is ten times the watch this is, but it's also 80 times the price! If I get five years out of this, I'll have gotten 10 times the value.

Bottom line is, this is a solid watch, it keeps fantastic time, and it's absolutely gorgeous too. It looks great on all my nato and zulu straps, and the bracelet that comes with it passes muster with me. I've included photos of the 8926OB with a leather strap to show its versatility.
review image review image review image review image
55 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2012
Update 1/4/2013 ... I asked my nephew at Christmas (four months after giving it as a birthday present) how it was working. "Perfectly" was his response. He's a real outdoors guy who loves to fish. I assume the watch has got wet a lot. No problems whatsoever.

I ordered two Invicta 8932's and was quite impressed with them - that is, until I ordered this watch the "8926OB". The 8926OB really looks like the Rolex Submariner without trying to be an outright copy. Personally, I dislike trying to fool people and so I don't mind if it says "Invicta" on the side. This watch is trying to look like a Rolex, but NOT be one.

Aesthetically, the $85 8926OB automatic is larger in the case width and the band width than the $50 younger borther 8932 quartz available on Amazon. The 8926OB looks more impressive and Rolex-like with coin edge. I also felt the automatic movement was more impressive than the quartz of the cheaper "8932". As an added benefit of the auto movement, it does not need batteries. I was giving these as gifts, so I felt great knowing that the battery was not going to run out in a month. Not so sure on the battery powered quartz ones.

The 8926OB is heavier than the smaller 8932. I actually preferred the lighter watch, but this was a gift and my nephew liked the heavy weight of the larger watch.

Lastly, I sized these watches myself and it was easy to do - provided you have the proper tools. You really only need a sharp nail and a hammer if you're careful. But sizing these for my gift recipients saved them $10 - $20 if they had to take it to a watch store.

In summary, this is a great watch for the $85 I paid. I told the person I gave this to to avoid water and to wear it as jewelry but not depend on its claims of water proofing - if they wanted it to last.
review image review image
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2009
Purchased this item in February, 2009. Was enchanted with its appearance, price was good and thought an automatic watch might be fun instead of same old quartz. Not quite six months later, however, even after careful handling, could adjust neither the time nor the date. Attempts to contact The Invicta Watch Group to take advantage of my Platinum Warranty Plan for repair had been futile. They answered the phone after numerous rings but banished me to "no contact land," and considered my few emails as spam. Sure, the watch, band and even the packaging are beautiful (hence, two stars) but those attributes are apparently only skin deep. After contacting Amazon regarding this situation and requesting escalation of this issue, an especially helpful Amazon representative granted my return request for a full refund.

Perhaps I simply received a lemon, I don't know. But the last time I checked The Invicta Watch Group's Better Business Bureau rating, it was "F." So beware.

Felt I owed this to both prospective buyers and the Amazon staff.
99 comments|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2013
My father has a Submariner and they are almost identical minus a few features, like the movements and the 4 in 40 is different. Watchband is different and the circle in the top diamond is different in size. Outside that they are identical and I almost like the Invicta more.
review image
on January 29, 2006
This is one of the best watches you can buy for $135. Distintive and solid stainless steel bracelet with an extension. Automatic Japanese Miyota Cal. 8215-2 movement. Mineral crystal with cyclop feature. Water resistance to 200 meters or 660 feet. The bezel (coin edge type) reminds me of the more expensive Rolex Submariner. It has a nice grip and it seats quiet tight. This model is available with the more traditional Invicta bezel at lower price. As a whole, this watch represents value all over. This is the watch that made aficionados world wide think about the real cost of Rolex watches. Are you paying for status symbol or quality? For a genuine Rolex watch, 85% of the value lies in the name. So why buy an Invicta Rolex look-alike? You get the best of both worlds. You get a quality product with an expensive look, but doesn't cost you much. And you also get the value associated with that particular brand name. Invicta has done a terrific job in that it is probably one of the best value deals you will find. It has the Rolex look but with a very small price tag. And the name Invicta also adds value to the watch. People have come to known Invicta as a quality brand with very affordable prices.

M.T.Nino
77 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
When you order as of the date of this review, there are two versions.

The older version with the brushed metal rotor is sometimes impossible to turn the bezel without a rubber grip.

The newer one has a yellow rotor and a much better rotating bezel. Unlike the old one it also does not have "JAPAN MOVT" written on the face near 6 o'clock but it does have it written on the back around the display case. Worth the money either way as it is a great watch.

Also on the side of the watch where it says invicta, it is engraved on the older model, while on the newer one it is more just frosted.

You tend to get the new version with the yellow rotor when you return the older one as a defect (which I did as I could not turn my bezel even 1 click). Happy with the new one as it turns smooth as it should.

Anywho, the watch itself is great. Really is the best Rolex submariner homage you can get on Amazon and for less than $100. The watch will run either slow or fast from 5-9 seconds/day depending on your luck.

All in all you should get this watch. I won't take away a star for the hard to turn bezel as I got a the replacement which is working well, and due to the sheer value you get from buying this over many other automatic watches. So stop reading and click buy!!!
review image review image review image
on October 28, 2014
I purchased this watch because I travel to places where it is not a good idea to wear my Rolex and I really like the way it looks.

As you can see in the pics, I replaced the stainless steel bracelet and looks even better.

It is too soon to say anything about reliability and I know some people say it will lose or gain a couple of minutes a month; however, if that is the case, it will not be a problem for me as that comes with every automatic watch, including the expensive brand names.
review image review image review image
44 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2012
After 21 months of ownership and really loving the Invicta Men's 8926C Pro Diver watch, here is what I can report on it:
- Crown no longer stays closed
- Bezel timer ring fell off
- Watch was about 1 minute fast daily
- Date bubble is cracked, crystal needs cleaning on inside.

To send the watch in for warranty, you must send it insured, and enclose a $28.00 check for shipping and handling. So I did that.
After 20 days, I emailed them to see if they got it. They sent me a reply stating the repair will cost $52.65! I see now the warranty excludes `regular wear and tear', which is what they saw my problems as. OK...the repair will cost $28 plus $52.65 is $80.65, which is more than I paid for the watch! On Amazon, I can still buy the watch for about the same cost as the repair. So Let's just have them keep the watch and not cash my check.
July 30, 2012 - Called Invicta. No dice. They will only cash my $28 check, and mail me the watch back, even if I do not want the repair done! So, I was stuck having to spend $28 (Plus the $5.15 it cost me to ship it insured to them). By their tactic, the only thing that made sense was to spend the extra $52.65 to get the watch repaired. Now to add insult to injury, it takes up to 90 days to get the repaired watch back!!! For less money, I could buy another watch and have it right away. Sorry I sent it to Invicta.
Now I have to wait up to 90 days to get my old watch back, and it is costing me more than buying a new one right away! This ends up doubling my cost of the watch in less than two years.
Too bad the warranty is such a poor deal, because it really is a nice watch. In fact, while traveling abroad, a customs agent asked to see the clasp (With the invicta brand on it), because he suspected I had bought a Rolex on my trip!

Update on this watch...From first sending Invicta the watch to getting it back was over 5 months! Watch received 11/13/2012 in like-new condition, and arrived keeping excellent time, much better than the 1 min/day fast it was before. Total repair cost $85.80 and 155 days without a watch. My total 2-yr watch cost is now $163.60 (new cost of $77.50 plus the repair). Again, be warned...You may be better off to just buy a new watch than send it to Invicta on warranty. They must make more money in their repair area than by selling the watch new.

Invicta warranty pricing (First you must ship it to them insured and pay $28 for their shipping): New Condition-0.00, New Crystal-$18.90, Crown Only-18.00, Complete Bezel-15.75

8/21/2014 Update on this watch - The Bezel timer ring fell off again! (It was merely glued on by Invicta), Watch is about 30 seconds slow daily. After 3 1/2 years of ownership, it still works, and is still a nice watch. I will not send it in to Invicta. I called Invicta, and for $16.00 they mailed me a complete Bezel timer ring, scallop-type (even though this watch is coin-edge), and the two spring wires to hold it in place. Now, to figure out how to install the new part...
88 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse