Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 12, 2009
I purchased my Tissot PRC 200 last fall and it's beautiful! But, it always ran about 2 or 3 minutes slow each week. I called Tissot (Swatch Group USA) and they said send it in for repair since it was still under warranty. But when they received it they notified me that they do not offer a warranty for watches purchased on the internet and adjusting my watch would be a full service charge of $200. I am very disappointed in Amazon for not showing that as a disclaimer and Tissot for their policy.Tissot Men's PRC 200 Chronograph Watch #T17.1.586.52
1919 comments213 of 246 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2010
No I didn't, but I told someone that and I think he beleived me. Bought this at a jewelry shop. Had looked at it on Amazon, but wanted to touch before buying. Paid an extra $100 at the shop to get the warranty. In hindsight, the warranty is only for 2 years and this watch will last much longer than that, so saving the money on Amazon is probably a good bet. Watch feels heavy and well made in the hand, but I never notice it on the wrist. I am a fan of Tissot, think you get Tag quality at less than half the price. This is the best-looking Tissot I have ever seen. No wonder it's so popular, the yellow hands pop on the black face but it remains subtle enough that this watch can be worn with anything. I wear this with a black suit or a white t-shirt. Looks good with both. I looked at Citizens because the eco-drive idea is neat, but Citizen is an inferior product compared to Tissot. As said before, Tags don't warrant the higher price. If you are reading this reveiw, it is likley because you are considering buying a watch in the $300-400 price range. This is a great watch at that price.
11 comment38 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2006
Large, heavy man's man watch. Gets plenty of looks and the bracelet is just beautiful. Keeps excellent time as most quartz movements do. I use it as an everyday casual watch and have banged it numerous times, the sapphire crystal remains scratchless. Thought about buying another or collecting all three colors.

This watch could be improved if the night illuminators didn't take so long to charge. Also it lacks a perpetual calendar but the date is easy to change and only has to be done once every two months.

Try this before spending $2000 - $5000 on breitling, tag, omega
0Comment48 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2006
Just got this watch today and it is very nice. It is large and thick. I have a very small wrist (about 6 1/4") and was afraid this would be too much watch for a thin guy like me. You should go see this watch in person before buying it. The pictures do NOT do this watch justice. It is a hundred times nicer in person. I was trying to decide between this watch and the PR50 chrono and this watch is on a different level. The quality is outstanding. I have a girlfriend who is not afraid to tell me I look silly and she does not think this watch is too big on me. She likes it very much. I've only had this watch for a day and may or may not add more to this review in the future.
11 comment18 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2011
I bought this watch from Amazon Market place., when i opened the pack the TISSOT's warranty was replaced by the seller's "Dexclusive"., the warranty card was not stamped. When i contacted them ., they said they will waive the 15% restocking fee ., but that was not the case. Just because i bought from these guys i had to loose 15% + my return UPS charges. Think twice before buying the product from the seller.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2011
I absolutely love the look of the watch so I tried to purchase this watch from two Internet dealers, once from this Amazon merchant and once from Jomashop. And upon close inspection, both of them are the high-end AAA replicas made from China!!!

So I am going to vote this 1 star just remind everyone - please choose another model if you don't want to pay $300 for a fake made in China!

It's none of the faults of Tissot, or Amazon, or even the Internet dealers... it's just that Tissot is a very popular brand in China and PRC200 has been on the market for a very long time - giving plenty of time for the Chinese to perfect their replica.

It's staggering that I did a PRC200 search on the Chinese equivalent of eBay, there are thousands of fakes ranging from $60 USD to $150 USD. The ones I received are the AAA $150 one with the authentic Swiss quartz movement, but the build quality of the dials and bracelet is still a bit worse than the original Tissot.

It's shocking how the current market is flooded by replicas that I suspect the majority of the gray market PRC200 in US is fake. Because the movement is authentic, no Authorized Dealer will be willing to tell you that it's a fake, so we are completely at our digression here. I think even one of the images posted by Amazon customers on this page is fake, because you can see that the tachymeter is slightly out of position.

I ended up buying a Swiss Army watch... purely based on the conclusion that there are no high-end replicas for that model yet because it just came out last year.

Good luck everyone!
55 comments47 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2007
Bought this watch about a week ago, looked at all the options around the same price and read all the reviews, really happy with my choice. The watch face is quite big but looks great and the bracelet is also excellent. I have slim wrists and it still looks amazing, the pictures dont do it justice it looks much nicer in the flesh so to speak. I would highly recommend this watch even over other more expensive examples.
0Comment25 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2013
Do not purchase this watch. You'll pay $357 for a FAKE Tissot replica. I was able to compare it side by side with an authentic Tissot at a jewelry store. To begin the weight of the bracelet is heavier and has a smooth feeling. This one is light and has rough edges not a very pleasant feeling. Another thing the yellow hand is loose. It shifts with a light hit on the side. I have to admit it. This watch has everything of an authentic Tissot. It'll be hard to spot the authenticity with the naked eye. Take my word for it. I just got this watch a couple of days ago and ready to return it.
33 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2011
I just ordered this Tissot PRC 200 from Amazon a certified Tissot dealer. When ordering make sure you get it from Amazon and not a reseller or there is no guarantee on what you are getting.
It came packaged new in the Tissot box with all the materials. I looked for this watch all over to make sure I was really getting a Tissot and not a knock off as well as a good price. Amazon was a clear winner with a substantial savings over Tissot retail dealers as well as the shoptissot.com website.

It got here in one day even though I paid for 2 day shipping. Nice job Amazon.
on September 26, 2011
I just bought Tissot Quartz watch T17158652 on September 19. I bought Quartz watch instead of Automatic one just because I think quartz watch should have more exact time than Automatic ones. But I found my quartz watch also slows 2 second every day since I got it. Does anybody else has the same problem as me? I am not sure if this situation is normal according to some thing like error scope. Does anybody know about it? Very thankful!
33 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question