Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Style: Mead #10 Envelopes|Change

on February 28, 2010
I had another (store) brand of self sealing envelopes before these and assumed these Mead envelopes would be the same. I was wrong. These are made of thiner paper making it feel cheaper and making me concerned whether the seams would hold when more than a couple pages were inserted. Also, many of the envelopes were crinkled up in the corners already. I don't know if this is a manufacturing defect or damage from shipping. But I was disappointed. Only reason they are getting 2 stars are the price (cheap, but you get what you pay for) and the self adhesive strips work well.
on January 1, 2010
These envelopes are fine as envelopes go, just be aware that if you are looking for actual security envelopes, as these are described, these are not your way to go. These are just plain white envelopes with no sort of security whatsoever.
on April 1, 2010
These envelopes are alright for enveloping papers. However, they are very thin and you can see the text on papers through the envelope.
on December 6, 2015
I ordered these this week and when I got them they were not what is pictured. What is pictured is a box with red on it, and they are PRESS IT AND SEAL IT.

The ones I received were Mead Security Envelopes that you have to lick to seal. These were a green box as where the ones in the image have read on the box.
review image
on February 18, 2012
After the envelope is sealed, it can be opened with ease. Even if I ran the side of a pencil over the seal many times with pressure, I could still open the envelope (without tearing the envelope at all). And then I could re-seal it without evidence it was opened. I didn't steam it or anything spy-like, I just peeled it open.

I'm not complaining about the company or that I was mislead. I noticed the box doesn't make any claim about the envelopes being secure. The envelopes are exactly what they say they are - "Press-it and Seal-it". But it is just sealed until someone peels it open at the same place you sealed it.

I'm sure the envelope will remain sealed unless someone opens it. In other words, if you're not concerned about security, they are fine.
on July 24, 2010
So it is obviously better then licking envelopes all day.

The problem with this one is that the "press-it seal-it" does not go all the way to corners, and tends to leave them sticking up.

I had to tape the corners down.
on October 13, 2010
These envelopes are made from very thin paper. You can easily read printed text through the paper. The envelopes are also folded differently than standard envelopes and the sides of the opening stick up when more than a couple sheets of paper are put inside, making it difficult to seal.
on September 30, 2015
I like self-sealing envelopes to save me the hassle of using glue or tape so I thought this would be a great buy. Unfortunately, I got what I paid for. These envelopes are like something you would find in a 99cent store, it's so thin! I put my bill inside the envelope and you can read right through it. I am a frugal person, I don't expect fancy quality and I love great deals but these envelopes are not usable for me! I send a lot of checks and I know for a fact my envelopes will get ripped open if someone can see through them. Also, because it's so thin, it rips very easily.

You can already feel it's bad quality just by touching it. It feels like parchment paper. Whereas better quality envelopes feel like printing paper. I do not recommend this, it is better to go buy in person at a nearby store. Or order something that's not Mead brand.
on February 4, 2016
I have no problem giving an item 5 stars for doing what it is designed to do, considering the item's cost. However, when that item is different than what a reasonable person expects, I can't rate the product highly unless the 'deficiency' is clearly noted int he product title.

These are extremely thin envelopes, which the product title should indicate. At the very minimum, the 20 lb weight should be mentioned in the title. I barely ever use envelopes any more, maybe once or twice a month, so I have no idea if these envelopes really are 20 lb, but I can tell you that they are way thinner than any other envelope I have used before.
on April 20, 2016
uh oh...TAX TIME and I didn't have enough envelopes so I went to my buddy "Amazon' and looked for the cheapest but hopefully well made self adhesive envelopes and got them in no time. They are a bit thin but they do have the self adhesive advantage (hate licking envelopes) and they were just fine so if you need some extra-the price was fair and now I can breathe should I ever have to mail anything again.....hmmm....do people still mail stuff? LOL