Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

on November 12, 2012
This 10 oz bag is huge, 12" x 10" x 4", and it seems to last forever. You get so much because the product is dried, light as air, so it takes a lot of the treats to make ten ounces.

I am so happy to find treats that are dried, but have the dog-appeal of moist jerky treats. My dogs are quite spoiled, they turn up their nose at any kind of crunchy dog treat, until now. This is the first dry treat they have ever gotten excited about. And boy, do they get excited. I have 3 dogs, and when I open up the bag their eyes bulge, they quiver and quake....they cannot wait to get these treats! My smallest dog who is usually quite timid, nearly took my fingers off.

The treats are easy to snap into whatever size you need, and they don't leave a greasy mess anywhere.

I am delighted they are made in the USA!!! I stopped buying any China-made treats due to concerns for my dog's health. When shopping, be sure to check not only who is distributing, but where the product is made, and where the meat comes from. It's usually in tiny print on the bottom of the back of the bag, unless they are made in USA-that is usually proudly stamped on front.

The bag says these lamb lungs are at least 72% protein, 6% fat, 2% fiber and 10% moisture. All natural, no artifical colors, flavors, or preservatives. They come from Merrick Pet Care in Amarillo, TX. Merrick has been in business making dog treats for more than 20 years. I am delighted to give them my repeat business!
on March 21, 2012
Best treats for anysize dog. No matter how large or small. We give these to our local humane society as well. They dont have the option of purchasing such hi quality treats. our 45 pounder herding dog loves them. and the small dogs think they are steaks... nearly jump 5ft for a piece. dry and greasless and break easily. can put directlly into pocket without concerns of residue transfer. my favorite and the dogs too.
on January 6, 2013
I keep these in my pocket during dog walks and all the canines in the park follow me around. This stuff is sometimes called the "crack" of the dog world. Even my cat likes them. They're crunchy and easy to break into smaller pieces. It's made in the USA and contains no additives - just lamb lung. This is the best thing around to keep my spoiled dog happy and attentive. They are high calorie and expensive so I break them up into small, bite-size treats.
on July 15, 2013
I had no idea my shepherd would love this so much. It came as a surprise that he reacted to the smell and taste of this like it was better than bully sticks, pig ears or jerky. When opened, the smell reminded me of Oriental Medicine, but I quickly realized why - because they do use all sorts of dried animal parts for prescribed medicinal concoctions for humans. I digress.

Shepherd was so impatient to eat more of this treat, that I had to make him earn it by calming down and following a test of commands. Wow. Like I said, so unexpected. The texture looks like darkened flattened and dried out pig ear except that it's light and crispy/crunchy without the oily residue. Sizes vary within the bag and the bigger ones, you can easily snap into smaller sizes if you want. He had no bad reactions to it either, and this guy's tummy is so sensitive. All in all, I'm happy with purchase. Mainly, so is my cutie-pie!

(MADE IN THE U.S.A.)
on February 16, 2013
My airedale will do anything for these treats. Our walks have ceased to be a tugging match when I have this lamb treat in my pocket. She walks right beside me...listening to my every command...patiently awaiting her treat.
I love the fact these are all natural and made in the USA.
on September 10, 2012
My two dachshunds are nuts about these lamb lung treats. And I must say that, overall, they are MY favorite dog treats too, because ..... a one pound bag lasts a VERY long time and therefore is very economical, the pieces are easy to break up into any size you need for training, they are a natural lamb Merrick Lamb Texas Hold' Ems, 1 lb bagproduct with a genuine aroma of roast lamb, the dogs NEVER get tired of them, you can carry pieces in your pocket and they won't stink or fall apart (but the dogs sure know they're there!). For my dogs, they are the most motivating commercial treat I've found. What's not to like?
on May 1, 2013
I purchase this product on a regular bases, but my dog is a very poor eater n getting large quantities is useless, haven't the room to store. But she loves eating these chunks that I break up, n it stays good in her bowl w/o spoiling or drying out.
I find that it a good way to get protein into her, w/o the need of supplements plus the other products I feed her, keeps cost shiny n clean. Aporeciate having delivered instead of carrying from store, a lot!
on January 17, 2012
My dogs have been enjoying these treats for years and we've ordered this many times from Amazon in the past. However, our last order was a big disappointment. The description of exactly how much of this product you will receive is very unclear, so when I saw that the product weight is 4.2 lbs and the shipping weight is 4.6 lbs., naturally I expected to receive a minimum of three one pound bags (as we have in the past). Not so. Amazon outrageously charged us $41.00 for a single one pound bag of dried lamb lungs. You'd think I was buying caviar! The treats were promptly packed back up and returned. Tsk, tsk, tsk, Amazon :(

So, 5 stars for the product itself. 0 stars for Amazon this time.
on March 12, 2013
First, I have to say up front that my fussy dog loves these. Second, you get loads of these per bag ... my daughter described them as "like puffed wheat". Third, while the smell of them does not leave the closed bag, stand back when you open it.

I have been making lovely chicken jerky for my dog...we will stick with that!
on June 4, 2012
I have been giving these to my dogs for the past couple of years. They love them. Even though it is a bit pricey, the bag lasts a long time. We have 3 dogs (spoiled dogs). They get these treats as rewards for good behavior or really for just anything. This bag lasts a couple of weeks. Merrick is an excellent company. The dogs love them and really, what else matters? This was an excellent price! Will be ready to buy more soon.