Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on April 14, 2007
I have tried all kinds of food with my 3 dogs, and when I started giving them Merrick, their stools decreased in size, their coats gleam, and their energy is contagious. I will never feed my babies another brand of food. Worth every cent to keep my dogs happy and healthy. Turducken and the Rainbow Trout dishes are their personal favorites.
on March 15, 2007
My 12 year old golden has a new life with this food. She had a lackluster appetite before Merrick came into our home. I found it at a local organic pet store. Their price was ridiculous - nearly $3 per can. I bought a few to try - I was amazed at the results! I haven't seen my 75 lb. dog jump vertical with glee in many years. I mix it with her dry food. One can will last 3-4 days. The difference in her level of activity and enthusiasm is unbelievable! I went to the local store to negotiate their price on buying bulk based on what I could get it on line and the best they could do was a 10% discount. Needless to say, this seller has a customer for the life of my dog. Kudos to improving our quality of life at a reasonable price. This food is so great, I have been tempted to taste the spoon!
11 comment15 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2013
We have a 12-year old German Shorthaired Pointer (65 lbs.) with terrible stomach issues. Once, he ended up in the emergency room at 4 a.m. under severe distress; our vet called it 'life-threatening'. And then there was the gas. Wow it was bad. We tried different types of organic, hypoallergenic, grain-free dog food. Some had limited success, but the stomach problems always returned. We finally purchased Merrick on the advice of our local independent pet store clerk. It has been life-altering. The gas has been reduced by about 95%. No exaggeration. He has far fewer problems in the backyard too. Before, he'd chew on grass to soothe his stomach several times a week, sometimes for as long as 10-15 minutes. Not any more. I cannot express how good it feels to see my boy healthy, happy, and pain-free.

We also have an 11-year old Dachsund/Doberman mix (30 lbs.) She's much more finicky, even refusing certain dog food on rare occasions. Not Merrick's. Both dogs go particularly nuts for the Turducken flavor. It's definitely their favorite. The texture is much, much more palatable then some other dog food (including a few other Merrick flavors.) It looks a lot more like real food. Also, the Turducken is quite wet and has no large chunks, so it's very easy to get out the can with a few vigorous shakes (no spoon needed.) It's also very easy for the dogs to eat. They just lick it right up.

Our dogs are our family. We love them, and they love Merrick's Turducken flavored dog food. Need I say more?
on October 8, 2012
Short and sweet.....The product itself is top notch and my two GSD's love it. However, the last shipment looked like it was packaged by a three year old and thus it arrived via UPS with a can lid popped open spilling its contents over the other dented cans. Another case arrived seperately which was properly packaged using air pillows and was fine. Don't get sloppy Amazon. It will cost you customers.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2008
First three ingredients: Turkey, Duck, Chicken. Plus a garden variety of fresh vegetables when I read the label. Sounds like good eats to me. No complaints from the poochie and I think it's way better quality than what some of the 'big' dog food makers are dishing out. I usually mix a small quantity with the dry food and it keeps my dog happy and grateful.
on February 22, 2014
The moment I take out the can from the shelf , all my three dogs come running for it. They just go bonkers for the Turducken. The moment I put it in their bowls suddenly they become absolutely quite for like about 10 seconds, because that is how long it will take for them to completely lick their bowls...Totally mommy approved food for them !! Off course they get this wet food only once a month as special dinner.

Unlike other wet food brands in the market, I really like Merrick as the dog food is not only human grade but also made in USA. My friend once almost got tempted to eat it ..lol
on October 27, 2012
I ordered a case of this Merrick product. My dog likes this and Grammys Pot Pie. It does not have the aversive smell that some canned dog foods have; it smells yummy and has a nice gravy that is good for mixing with dry food. I have been very pleased with Merrick products...my dog's coat couldn't be softer.
on April 26, 2014
The food was awesome and I will look to buy it somewhere else. I bought it from Amazon LLC. Two of the cans were dented and ten were extremely dented. These cans were not dented in transit. They deliberately sent me dented cans. The cans in the middle of the pack were even dented. I am buying this product to keep my animals from getting sick from eating food from China. Now I have to worry that they will get sick from eating from the smashed cans.
on June 21, 2010
My dog gets bored easily of her food. We tried every different kind of food to get her appetite going again. Merrick's Turducken and Wing-a-ling did the trick. We mix it with her dry food and she is so happy! She gets very excited at mealtime. I have noticed a difference in her coat and energy level too.
on November 23, 2013
Too many dented cans per shipment. I've had this problem on multiple orders. In case you're unaware, dented cans can indicate infection, and/or put the product at risk for contamination (botulism, among others). I know that Amazon and Merrick would work with me on returns, but the problem shouldn't exist in the first place. I just buy this from my local pet store now, since I love the product itself.