Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on July 6, 2008
This are my dog's favorite toy! This purchase was just to upgrade an original purchase. We bought the whole "Hide-a-Squirrel" stump with the squirrels for her for Christmas, and she loves them! She takes the squirrels all around the house with her. They go in her bed, in bed with her humans, and she has never destroyed them like she has every other stuffed toy with squeakers. Any other stuffed toy has become like "road-kill" in a few days, as she chews them until she gets the squeaker out and then pulls the all the stuffing out. These are like her little babies. We just had to upgrade the squirrels because she has started to wear them out from the doggy "slobber" that is always on them from carrying them in her mouth. Overall, a great, and rather affordable investment. Would recommend these to anyone with a terrier who loves to chew their toys!
22 comments28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
The actual toy is great! My dogs love it and my house looks like a squirrel massacre! However, the item name needs to be updated because these are not the Large squirrels. They are quite small in fact. I know this is the wrong size because I've already bought the actual large toy, and the squirrels are much bigger! I will keep the product, because my smaller girls can enjoy them, but I would like the name to be updated so that no one else orders the wrong replacement squirrels.
22 comments28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2009
We ordered a set of replacement squirrels at the same time as ordering one of the Hide a Squirrel juniors not realizing the squirrels were a different size. It wasn't a big deal because the replacements were a fun toy size for our little Yorkie-Poo. She was a big fan of the squirrels while they lasted. They are soft, furry, and not overly sqweaky. As has already been stated, the squirrels hold up a lot longer than most of the tough dog toys. Normally, she can shred an indestructable in a day or two but the squirrels took weeks. Well worth the money and a lot of fun to watch.
on June 29, 2015
I have the junior size hide a squirrel toy. We have somehow lost 2 of the 3 original squirrels (seriously, they're like socks. Where do they go?!?) so I bought these to replace them. The product title said it is a pack of three SMALL squirrels which I thought would be perfect for our junior hide a squirrel. If you look at the picture, you can clearly see they are not the same size. On the left, is the replacement "small" squirrel and on the right is the original squirrel that came with the junior hide a squirrel toy. As you can see, these are considerably bigger. However, these larger squirrels still fit in the holes of the junior toy (with some effort) and I think my puppy actually prefers these larger ones now.
on August 18, 2008
I have a one-year-old Golden-Retriever-and-Border-Collie mix, and he loves these squirrels. He likes getting them out of the stump, but he loves working on the squeakers in these squirrels. Every once in a while he gets worked up and rips apart a squirrel, hence the need to periodically buy replacements, but they last a decently long time. Many toys with squeekers don't last more than a week (including all those "indestructable" toys).
on March 17, 2012
I have purchased these products multiple times now. They are my puppy's favorite toy. We call them her "guys" and have had to create a "guy hospital" to repair them on a regular basis. The only reason I can't give them five stars is the fact that she DESTROYS them. More her fault than the products and I will continue to repair and replace them for as long as she enjoys them
on October 24, 2010
These adorable little bees are a cost-effective way to entertain any dog who loves a good squeaker. They will last indefinitely with light chewers, and need to be replaced periodically with moderate or heavy chewers. My doggie Quinn, a lab-border collie mix, loves his bees, and despite constant squeezing, I have never had him chew off a wing or a head, like he has on many other toys. It also takes him quite a while (weeks or months) to dig through to get the squeaker. These little buggers really last, and the squeaker sound is really cute, which comes in handy for anyone owning a lab.
on June 3, 2014
I got my 20lb dog a large hide-a-squirrel tree and these extra squirrels. None have been ripped open yet, and I've had the product for over two months. Very well made products!
on November 19, 2014
I bought the large Kyjen squirrels w/house. My Dachshund played with them every single day for 3 months. In fact she was obsessed with the game of getting them out of the house then making them squeak for dear life. The house and squirrels are all still in one piece but only one squirrel still has a working squeaker. So, I thought I would replace the squirrels with these inexpensive birds. Every one of them were torn to shreds in less than 30 minutes! These replacements are a big disappointment. Get the squirrels.
on March 18, 2012
We have a papillon mix. She's not very big, but thinks she is. She loves to play and baby these all the time. These were replacements for the ones that came with the "hive". We rotated the bees but eventually she made holes in all of them.

They are pretty durable, but not as durable as the little squirrels by the same company. The seams on the squirrels seem a bit tighter and less vulnerable.

We are still happy with the bees - our dog loved them to "death"!