Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on December 9, 2008
Despite the glowing reviews, I was still hesitate on buying this item because I am such a bedding snob. I also had a similar "material" blanket I had bought from Kohl's and although that was soft too, I did NOT like it, because it was short "hairred," cold to the touch, and after a little use, it held in heat too well since it wasn't "breathable."

This is UNBELIEVABLE! The reviwers that refferred to this as "furry" is absolutely right! This is as warm as my Westie, but much, MUCH softer than her!! Out of the bag, I had a lot of initial static electricity, but after a little bit, that went away completely! No shedding, no lint. It's incredibly soft, and incredibly warm! I seriously want to be engulfed in this thing 24/7!

The sizing of the throw is great too! I can curl up in it on the sofa, or like I did the last few nights, used it underneath my sheets! I'm in la la land! SoooOo warm and SoOoOoo soft! What more can you ask for? I bought it in Aubergine, and it's a GORGEOUS deep, rich, eggplant color.

I love it so much, I'm here to buy yet another one, and am also buying it in the king size! Hopefully the blanket is just as good as this throw!

Don't even think about it! Just buy it! You won't regret it! If you do, you can always send it to me! =D

ETA: Having the augerbine color, I was a bit afraid of it picking up lint and showing up clearly, especially since I have a white dog with long hair and she sleeps in bed with me. Not a problem! So even an extra bonus!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 29, 2009
(I bought this throw over two years ago and did not own it for even two weeks. I wrote my review in 2009 when I had the poorly made item.)

I ordered this throw in the red color. I usually do not like red but with the holidays coming up I noticed a lot of my flannel and winter bedding seems to have red in it so I wanted this as a throw at the foot of the bed. I will say out of the box it is probably the best material I have felt! It is so soft! I washed it as instructed immediately so I could place it on the bed. I never have understood why people buy bedding and complain about static but then mention they never washed the item. I wash everything I bring in the house. I know it was not laundered before being placed in the bag. I washed it according to instructions and added some liquid fabric softener since the air is dry. I then fluffed it lightly in the dryer. It came out just as soft as when I opened it, but clean! I noticed the white fabric softener sheet I used was completely red so keep in mind to obviously wash alone and that there is a lot of dye in this throw. I placed it on the bed and it looks great! I have noticed it does shed though. I know I have it against my flannel duvet and that will pull more but anything you place on it gets red particles on it, other than that I LOVE the material, washes great, and looks beautiful on the bed!

UPDATE November, 2009: After using it on another bedding set and washing it again the shedding was too much. It might only be the red throw. I am giving this to Salvation Army. Not worth the mess.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2007
I bought 3 of these as gifts and plan to buy more after getting those and feeling how nice they are. These are a great value for the price, thick and so soft! The spice was a little more orange than I expected but still a nice color.
on December 17, 2007
It's more furry than fuzzy. The front side is almost like a shag rug. There isn't anything "micro" about it. It's kind of Austin Powers, baby.

So is the color - the sand color isn't sand at all, really, it has way too much gold in it. The photo is about right on my screen, so ignore the "Sand" name and just look at the color.

It's an odd size, 50 x 60, too squarish and not long enough.

It's OK for the sale price, but there are lots of similar prices on this type of thing.

Pinzon is the Amazon house brand, btw.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2008
This came up as a lightening deal and I couldn't resist getting it. I've only had it for a couple of hours so I can't attest to its durability like other reviews, but I can say that it is by far the softest throw I've ever touched. I bought a few throws last year at a fancy store to give as Christmas gifts, and they were nice and very well received, but if I had known about this throw then I would have purchased some of these instead. These are a great deal, lightening deal or no lightening deal. The color is very rich, too. I'm probably going to get a couple more of these now that I know how nice they are for when I need to class up the futon for overnight guests!

Dec. 1st 2009:
-One Year Later-
I just wanted to add that I have now owned this blanket for a full year and it looks as good as it did the day I bought it, despite a 365 days of hanging out in my living room with the daily destruction of a cat and toddler, resulting in many washes. It's still soft and hasn't pilled at all. I cannot recommend this specific product enough, the blankets I bought family members for Christmas and paid two or three times as much for haven't stood the test of time half as well as this one. The people that have stayed over and used one on my futon have constantly said how soft it was when they get up in the morning. This blanket rocks and the price is amazing.

Dec. 15 2011:
It's still in great shape, is just as soft and colorful as the day it arrived (seriously!), and is great for cold, lazy days.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2007
Haven't washed it yet, so I can't say if it pills. Note: although "sage" looked greyish onscreen, it is actually a kind of pea-soup color.
on January 16, 2008
I bought this throw and it looked beautiful when it arrived, very soft. Sad but true, after 2 days it started shedding and fuzz/fabric was falling off on everything in the room. I returned it. Not sure if I just got the one bad one or if anyone else had the same experience.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
You know how you wake up on a chilly morning and simply don't want to get out of bed? How you imagine that if you DO have to get up, you could put on the softest, fluffiest, warmest robe around (with matching slippers) and just lounge, maybe with a cup of hot coffee or tea? Well, remove the robe (not literally;) and insert this blanket and you are well on your way to a comfy, cozy morning.

This blanket is wonderful. I have it in the dark brown color, and it's a beautiful chocolate color. It's very...floofy...and feels amazing on your skin. It's light but warm and would make a great blanket to keep on the couch (unless your cats would take over as mine do).

The only two downsides (one temporary) is that it reeks when it first comes out of the plastic bag it is sold in (easily fixed by a wash and dry), and that it would be even better if it was a tad longer. I have two children who LOVE to share mommy's blankets with her, and if it was longer/bigger, then I might actually have a chance to get some of the blanket I'm "sharing"!
on December 3, 2008
I ordered this one because it was a great price and I wanted a blanket to use on the couch to keep the heating bills down this winter.

Not only is it really warm but I am really impressed with how soft and thick it is. I expected it to be thinner for the price. The size is perfect for snuggling, and the color (espresso) is really rich as well.

The only con? My cat and I keep fighting over it. Looks like I may have to consider a second one so we don't have to share!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2007
I got this for my mom who's always cold. It really does the trick and is so soft I'm thinking of getting one for myself.