Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Size: Wolf/MediumPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on October 23, 2009
We have two dogs, both of which would make short work of a large rawhide, completely consuming it in about an hour. Needless to say we were concerned about their health, both the possibility of choking, but also the stomach upset that always followed a rawhide session. We got them hooked on Nylabones as an alternative. Even if your dog is an avid rawhide fan, they can love Nylabone--you just have to use some tricky psychology and make the dog THINK it's the greatest treasure in the world. We've tried a couple different Nylabone models, and the Wishbone is by far the favorite. With the three prongs, they can easily anchor it in front of them with their feet and they have their choice of prong to chew. Even if you've tried other Nylabones and not met with much success, keep trying until you find a style that works for your dog. Try the softer ones first so your dog gets some success chewing on it so he's less likely to give up on the harder ones, then graduate up to the harder ones. It's definitely a safer and healthier alternative to rawhides and satisfies even the chewiest dog.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2012
I don't particularly care for this shape/style of Nylabone because of the way it fits into my dog's mouth. It is also really thin compared to the other Nylabone chews. However, my dogs have no complaints! I have an aggressive chewer & I always purchase Nylabone products for him. It's not as durable as a KONG, but instead of rubber, it's more of a plastic material. Be prepared, because it will splinter, if you have an aggressive chewer like mine, but it's definitely worth it because it keeps him entertained. I usually have one bone for 2-4 months, depending on his interest. You can even boil them in bouillon flavor once a week to keep the flavors strong! This product is much cheaper on Amazon compared to pet stores where they sell for $10-$30 (depending on the shape/style) for the larger size.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2006
My french bulldog loves this bone! This is the only bone she has been unable to destroy so far. The wishbone shape is great, because the dog can hold the bottom with both paws and then take turns chewing both sides of the wishbone.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2011
I have an avid chewer, a terrier, so much so that I call him the toy destroyer. I bought him this wishbone hoping it would give him some chewing action and last. Within 30 minutes he was chewing off small chunks and swallowed at least one before I threw it out. BEWARE! it is not safe for them to ingest this product. There are several reviews of dogs coming to harm from Nylabone's products. Wish I had researched that before buying it.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2012
I have literally spent hundreds of dollars on toys for this dog. If it's cloth, he likes to shred it bit by bit and usually ends up destroying it in about 10 minutes. Other Nylabones I have bought him he doesn't really play with (except the dinosaur which he has also been enjoying). This wishbone however, is a huge hit. He loves that he can hold it with his paws while he chews on an end. He keeps showing off for me because he's so proud of his new toy. It's already been keeping him busy for over 30 minutes which most puppy owners know is great for a much needed break! Seriously love this toy. My power chewers new fave! (The video may be a little dark, but seriously, how cute is my dog?)
Update: 45 minutes in and there are bite marks on the toy, but he still hasn't gotten any chunks off. A new record!
review image
on October 10, 2012
Just had vet leave the house after examining my dog who had loose bowels for last 3 weeks. Stool check was fine. She is a strong chewer (Irish and Jack Russell Terrier. I bought the hardest bones made. There were shards of nylabone stuck in her rectum that were so sharp they could cut my finger. I changed her bones constantly but that made no difference. Fragments break off and get inside the dog's stomach and do serious damange. She has been so sick. These bones do NOT go through a dog's system easily. They can puncture their intestines, get caught in their rectum and be the cause of surgery. Do not buy these bones.Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone Chew Toy, Original Flavor, Wolf
on July 27, 2012
We adopted an 11 month old German Shepard and after a couple days of having her she started chewing on everything. She chewed up the air vent covers, pieces of wood, and even the wire fence. We were looking for a harder chew toy since she seems to like to chew on hard stuff. I was hesitant to buy her this toy because some reviewers mentioned pieces breaking off but I decided to get it anyway. We've had it for about 2 months and so far so good. There are a ton of teeth marks on it but none of the pieces have broken off or are close to breaking off. And thankfully, she now chews on this instead of the vents and fencing.
review image review image review image
on April 10, 2012
Snoopy, our beagle, loves this chew toy. He's quite the gnasher and loves gnawing on the knobby ends. It's not too thick of a toy, but it's lasted him and he seems to really enjoy it. Would purchase again.
on December 6, 2009
My friend's dog can shear off plush animal ears, legs and arms with his teeth like a pair of scissors! The "cut" was so "clean" and sharp I simply sewed the ears and appendages back on! He had all of my 2 year old dog's original puppy toys unstuffed and legless and armless within minutes of arriving for the playdate. This WOLFE size wishbone nylabone kept him busy for an entire day. My friend said that he only likes nylabones and only likes the "knobby" parts, so the wishbone, with its 3 knobby ends was perfect. He is only 38 pounds, but he is a 100x more agressive chewer than my 68 pound Chow-Newfie mix so the WOLF size was the perfect "hardness" and size for him.
on November 6, 2013
I hate that I have to give a negative review for a product that I previously loved, because my dogs adored it. Over the years Nylabones had always had a reputation as being the safest choice to avoid the dangers of splintering and such. However, mine is a cautionary tale: I have two regular chewers and one dog (a Corgi) that really goes to town on the chewing. The latter dog is the one whose dissolvable sutures are likely still dissolving, as she had oral surgery under full sedation last week. Two teeth broken off below the gumline; this after a similar surgery for another tooth a couple years ago. This is a dog in the prime of life, with otherwise great teeth and no other health issues; the vet had said to take away the Nylabones after the first surgery but I caved and let the dogs have them back after several months because I felt sorry for them....or perhaps sorry for me as the only other toys they really got into were balls that inevitably wound up wedged under whatever furniture was heaviest to move or hardest to reach under.

In case you're wondering, having 3 teeth removed under full sedation is a costly affair, not to mention the poor little beastie was in pain and had to go through all that...and there's always the risk of bad things happening with any kind of surgery.

There may be no "perfect choice" for dog chew toys; however, if you choose to get a Nylabone and your dog breaks a tooth, make Nylabones go away forever for that dog, because it's likely it's not just a fluke.