Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Entertainment Collectibles Outdoor Deals on HTL

Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

on January 4, 2007
This is my 2nd Yakima rack set up. My first set i abused for the last ten years. Some times loaded the roof of my jeep with up to 2 bikes a stacked canoe and kayak next to my Cargo box all at the same time. I'm guessing we put 400 + lbs. It never let me down. So if you dont know much about the Yakima systems all I can say is ya cant go wrong, The best money spent if you do allot of outdoor adventures
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Yakima roof rack went onto my Jeep Cherokee in less than 30 minutes with two adults standing on either side. It installed easily and exactly according to directions. The directions were thorough and straightforward.

Luckily I was able to look at different racks at local stores while deciding what parts I actually needed to transport our sailboats and to understand how they all fit together. Yakima's website gave me the exact size of Raingutter Towers for my car. I purchased Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches),Yakima 1A Raingutter Towers - Set of 4, and the Yakima SKS Lock Cores for Yakima Rooftop Car Racks. There is another styrofoam piece available for transporting boats but I found that it was not necessary. Once I knew what parts were needed, I compared prices, and found the lowest prices for 2 out of 3 of these items were from Amazon.

I purchased this item for transporting my sunfish sailboat (14') or my 15YO's laser sailboat (16') after years of struggling with different solutions to move the boats around. We used to have to use a trailer or to tie one down on top of my Jeep, or in some rather perilous cases, both. The other solution was to get the Commodore to come move one of our boats in the back of his pickup. While this solution worked well for me, it was not his favorite.

This roof rack has performed perfectly. It has also given us peace of mind while we are on highways with one of the boats on top of my car.

UPDATE: When I came to get the product name for another product review, imagine my surprise to see this message: This does not fit your: 2001 Jeep Cherokee. YES, IT DOES!
review image
on September 17, 2014
The crossbars we received, at first, we thought were used, due to the scuff marks and where they appeared to have been installed. IT was only upon further inspection that if became apparent that it wasn't previously installed, just defects from the manufacturing process - they're not amazing quality (my boyfriend, the recipient has done machining for years). For what you get, these are overpriced.

For what it's worth, as another reviewer mentioned, since my purchase a month or so ago and now, I am now informed "This product does not fit your 2014 Jeep Wrangler". Yes, it does. This feature worked correctly when I bought it, but for whatever reason it doesn't anymore. Don't trust it.
on August 17, 2012
I recently installed these 66" crossbars (part 8000410) with a complete roof rack set from Yakima. These fit seamlessly into each pair of control towers, and have a reasonably durable finish. Some marking on the plastic sheath occured when sliding the control towers over the bars, but nothing of concern. They are bound to get marked-up as utility items.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My son said the racks were just wonderful and he has put them to good use. He goes camping and they fit perfectly on his Toyota.
on February 18, 2013
the bars were the perfect size for my truck and the end caps were easy to install they fit great in the raingutter towers
on November 6, 2014
Got the warehouse deal and expected to have some defects, but was surprised to get a set that was in perfect condition.
on October 14, 2015
Yakima makes excellent products. They are pricey BUT they are covered as long as the original owner owns them. This is the length of bar a person would need to carry two Hornbeck Boats side by side on the roof of a vehicle.
on December 3, 2013
Strong and sturdy. I use these for my Yakima kayak loader and it works perfectly. I would recommend to others
on October 21, 2015
does the job for me by supporting a Yakima kayak rack and Yakima sky box all the way from maine to montana