Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on February 10, 2011
I bought everything to install load warrior basket on top of my Toyota Tacoma. I ordered the bars first and noticed that the plastic end caps do NOT come with the round bars. If you order the round bars by themselves, you will have to buy the plastic end caps separate. The plastic caps DO come with the Qtowers.
on October 19, 2012
Yakima is a trusted brand in the roof rack product line. There aren't many substitutes either. I had what is referred to as a "naked" roof. I had no factory bars of any type on the roof of my 2007 Honda Accord. In total, the roof rack parts came to nearly $500. That's WITHOUT the J-arms, so that I could transport my new kayak around- being the reason for the roof rack in the first place.

A note for any of you who aren't familiar with roof racks...everything is sold SEPARATELY. It's irritating, and most of all, its EXPENSIVE. These bars were going to cost me $80 plus tax at the store. I found them on here for about $60 or $70...I can't remember. Throw in no tax and free shipping and it was a great deal.

Highly recommend
on August 30, 2013
Replaced my factory setup on my 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ and these are MUCH stronger and look nice and clean. Cheapest I could find on the web and arrived quickly. Standard 48" bars, not end caps are included in case you were wondering. They do put off a howling sound between 60mph and up so I will probably have to get a deflector for these.
VINE VOICEon March 15, 2007
This Yakima roof rack system works great and I highly recommend it. I bought one for my Mazda 3 and have use it, along with a Yakima roof rack for 2 cross country ski trips (I live a Florida, skiing is far away). The rack hasn't shifted an inch and was relatively easy to install. Yakima has a product guide on their site to make sure you order the right pieces for your model car.
Two things to consider about these Yakima round bars:

If you ever find yourself in a position to build or modify your own rack attachment, these round bars are your friend. Needing to construct an adapter of sorts to get a tandem on my car without removing any wheels, I was able to use off-the-shelf U bolts to hook onto these bars. This is not so much an option with the areo-shaped crossbars.

The 48" crossbars are the suggested length for many mid-sized vehicles, including my '05 Subaru wagon. But consider if you even want to tote plywood or drywall on your vehicle -- sheet goods that come in 48" widths. You'll want an extra two or three inches on either side to tie down to. If 48" is your recommended size, consider buying 58" crossbars and sawing five or six inches off of the length. It may be an infrequent need, but when the time comes, you'll be happy you did.

The one downside for me is the plastic coating on the exterior of these crossbars. It does break down and crack over time, which doesn't affect just appearance, but usability (if you're unable to slide these through the tower, or slide clamps on, due to a rough slit along the surface. Realistically, I seem to get about 5 or 6 years out of my crossbars before this cracking makes them a nuisance to use.
on April 23, 2013
The coating on these bars is pretty thick so no metal exposed so no real chance for them to rust. caps come on the ends of the bars that stay on pretty well. works great just make sure you get the right length bars
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2013
Good cross bar for my rack system. It was cheaper than the other rack websites, especially the Yakima website itself. Marks can easily show on the bars from the clips, if clips are wrapped too tight. So just be careful to prevent scratches on the bar. Note, prepare for wind noises and vibrations if your cross bars aren't equipped with rack pads, fairing, or windjammer.
on September 29, 2015
These are exactly what they are posted as. I found them to be longer than I needed for my 06 STI but I just trimmed off the ends and it worked perfectly. I am very glad I bought these because they are exactly what I was looking for.
on February 21, 2016
These are great if you plan to carry a baby elephant on your car--they are strong. For just regular stuff, like a dog carrier (great way to see America, per Mitt Romney's pooch) I didn't need it quite so strong. I drilled holes in this to lighten up and covered with duct tape--it now weighs about 30% less and hasn't collapsed yet--not really. These bars eventually rust, but a little bit on the end of the bar won't affect its function. Great stuff.
on December 13, 2013
Absolutely too much noise. Placed on a 2010 BMW X3, the racks caused a loud roar at any speed above 35 mph. The windjammer helped, but in no way cures the problem. Also, with a preponderance of driving at 65-75 mph, mpg is off by 5-6 percent.