Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

VINE VOICEon July 22, 2008
While I've never seen a car care kit that included everything to take care of your car, this one comes close. It will really get you started on the right track with quality, beneficial products. I love my cars and am passionate about taking care of them. I use some of these products daily, but I've tried just about everything in this kit. Meguiar's brings top quality products at affordable prices. I've used products from other companies that cost as much as this kit for one item, but yet Meguiar's is still always one of the very best. Here is how I strongly suggest you use these products:

1) The Gold Class Wash. This is the best car wash I have ever used. Wash your car with this wash and the microfiber mit that is included.

2) Clay - unless your car is brand new, you probably need to use the clay. Use the clay along with the Quick Exterior Detailer, to make your paint smooth to the touch.

3) Scratch X is actually a paint cleaner. You want to apply Scratch X to the entire car, to clean contaminants below the surface of the paint. This step is very important. Apply and remove, you can use the applicator that is included obviously. The towel is also great to remove it with, but I like to use a towel to remove, and a second towel to buff it to a perfect shine.

4) The final step - Gold Class Liquid Car Wax. This is one of the best car waxes/sealants I have used. There are other good, some even better perhaps, but this one is nothing to laugh at. It is really good and delivers beautiful depth, shine, and protection!

Your car should look a lot better after all those steps. If you ever want to take it up another step, after Scratch X and before the wax, apply a pure polish (not included in kit) such as Deep Crystal Polish (Step 2 in that line) or #7 Show Car Polish.

You can continue to use the quick exterior detailer you used with the clay. Use the exterior detailer by itself with a couple towels, to take dust or other contaminants off the paint between washes. Use a couple towels along with it. The exterior quick detailers are great. I go through 1-2 bottles each week.

Quick interior detailer you can spray onto a nice towel and apply to your dashboard and other surfaced inside the cabin. It works great. I use it all the time. However, on the inside you don't need so much, so this lasts a long time.

The Endurance Tire Shine is also great. Just note your towel will really get dirty when applying this. I even have to throw it away quite often.

The plastic polish is great, if your headlamp lenses begin to lose their clarity. Buff until clearer.

Overall, a great kit. Just be sure to use the products as intended and as a system where applicable.
77 comments|250 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2011
I did a lot of research on car care products since I purchased my new car and wanted to be sure that whatever I got would do a great job and not damage the car. I'm borderline obsessive about not letting some Car Wash jocky put a dirty rag to my car and you definitely won't find me using those automatic Car washes with the brushes. The Meguiars name came up over and over again and even by taking a look at the instructional videos on their website ([...]) or speaking to one of their representatives over the phone, it's pretty obvious that they know what they're talking about.

The kit was great. It includes almost everything that you'd need to wash, detail, and wax your car to give it that polished finish. The Tire Gel was really nice to have. Puts a shine on the tire walls that doesn't look artificial like other "Tire Wet" products do. Also doesn't damage the inside of the wheel well with Spin Ups like the solutions at most car washes will do either. However, IMHO, since this "Complete Car Care Kit" was put together by Amazon.com and not Meguiars, it's missing two very important pieces: 1. A Drying cloth and 2. A Wax Applicator.

By reading the product description, it's very hard to tell if the included Microfiber cloth is intended for drying or waxing, but after making doing some deductive reasoning, I figured it would be safer to purchase the Meguiars Water Magnet Microfiber drying cloth in addition to the kit for drying. It was a good decision. However, I was not so prudent about the Waxing applicator. Apparently, Meguiars also sells a Microfiber and Foam Applicator that is designed for applying the wax coat to the car. It's not a part of the kit. In the end, the included cloth was used for applying the wax to my car. Being a newbie to detailing, I was taken aback by this and luckily had a spare microfiber cloth that I brought with me to the wash for cleaning the interior. It was nerve-racking when I trying to determine if my cloth would put micro-scratches in my Black paint, but in the end, I had no choice and it actually worked out very well. (For other neurotics like myself: it's damn near impossible to not put micro-scratches in the car. Once you apply pressure to the car with a material or even drive the thing, the micro-scratches will appear.)

All in all, a good kit. My recommendation: Purchase an additional drying cloth (The Water Magnet is OK, there may be better options), the Meguiar's X3080 EvenCoat Applicator - Pack of 2, and the Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3. It's still worth it for just about $60.00 total. For your sanity.
22 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2009
I've used Meguiar's products in the past and was always happy with the results. This kit provides pretty much everything you need to get your car to have a showroom look.

Individually, each product is more costly and when you add the washing glove and the wax sponge, you have a superb value. While you can certainly choose not to use certain products and save some money, at the cost of this kit you actually get some items virtually for free.

Now, for the process and results:

1. Wash the car with the car wash and use the wash glove. It is effective in removing grime and even some of the insects that always find a way to crash into the front of your car.

2. Clay the car and take your time as this step can provide a huge payoff on the quality of the overall result. I used the clay on my wife's new Lexus and the results were amazing. The surface felt clean and soft.

3. Use the ScratchX product for scratches and swirls. In certain cases, this product can remove the scratch completely. Just follow the directions and note that you may need multiple applications. In my 2001 Avalon I was able to remove most of the vestige of a large scratch running down the right side of my car around the middle of the doors. The scratch isn't fully gone, but it is effectively masked.

4. Use the Gold Class liquid wax to finish off your hard work. I understand the new ICE liquid wax leaves no milky residue, but if you work with this you will not be disappointed. The end result will be a mirror-like finish which really shows off for dark-colored cars.

I personally used microfiber towels in all the steps of the process. They are lint free and very effective. BTW, the Quick Detailer product is something you will want to keep around. It is almost like a car wash in a bottle. Fortunately, it is available at stores like Wal-Mart for reasonable prices, so you don't need to order it online.

The Interior Quick Detailer also does a fine job. Very neutral and cleans surfaces well. Does not leave any residue. Beats that Armor All product by a mile.

The other products are add-ons that have limited value but can still be useful. The PlastX definitely brings out the shine in the plastic surfaces of the car, but there aren't many of those around. The Endurance High Gloss does not provide a really shiny gloss, but it does last longer than other options. Use a basic (disposable) towel for the tires because they will get heavily stained using the High Gloss product.
on May 25, 2012
I was never really a car buff and have always thought that one soap is the same as another. I just purchased a slightly used VW GTI that I am in love with, and it's in perfect condition. I am determined to keep it that way, so I took a leap and purchased this kit. I kind of laughed at first when the wash was labeled "shampoo and conditioner," thinking that was a bit excessive. I was wrong. This stuff leaves your car looking beautiful, the finish so smooth and it even smells great. The mit also makes it easy to wash. If you have a new car, the entire kit may be unnecessary, because the wash itself does the job. Down the line I may use the others, but right now they aren't really needed.

I haven't tried the wax, or ScratchX (not needed yet). I couldn't really tell if the PlastX did much because my headlights are in great shape anyway, but it certainly smelled like it would do a job and it left the lights feeling and looking smooth.

The Quik Interior Detail seemed the same to me as any other Detail Cleaner. It's not shiny or greasy like some others, but it doesn't really wow me either. I did however try Armor All on my interior before and it ate up some of the softtouch coating on the console! This didn't do that, which is a huge relief! At first I thought the gel was for the wheels, be it is actually for the tires. It leaves them looking a slick black for days, but it would have been better if a gel applicator was included in the kit. I used an old towel and it was a greasy mess.

I gave the kit itself 4 stars because it didn't include the tire gel applicators and it only comes with one towel. The microfiber is great and prevents scratches but you will want more than one. All in all,it may have been smarter to purchase some of the items separately as needed. You will definitely want the shampoo/conditioner, a few of microfiber towels and the mitt. If you want the tire gel, definitely invest in some applicators.
review image
on July 7, 2010
I recently moved into a new house and for the first time in my life I could wash and wax my car in my driveway. So I bought Meguiar's complete car care kit to get me started. For much less than the cost of a detail job, my car looks great. I washed it using the soap, removed the scratches using the scratch remover, waxed it with the liquid wax, glossed the tires, and wiped down the inside with the quick interior detail spray. I did not use the plastic cleaner, quick exterior detail spray, or the clay bars (yet). The scratch remover and wax removed all the little scratches and "spider webs." As long as the weather cooperates, I'll be able to keep my car looking shiny and new with only light dusting.

Some things to note. Like many others, I noticed that the box had some wet spots on it and some of the bottles felt greasy. None of the bottles were broken or leaky and could easily be wiped off, but I do wish they packed the bottles better. While doing all this yourself cost less than having your car professionally detailed, you do you have to put in a lot of time and effort. I worked up a good sweat washing, drying, and applying the scratch remover and wax over the course of two hours. Also, this kit isn't complete for working on your car. You will need to buy a lot more micro-fiber towels to get the job done right. Every bottle basically says apply with one towel (or one side) and then wipe dry with another. You will also need something to quickly dry the car after washing (like a "water magnet"). Also, there isn't anything included to treat the windows so you might want to buy a bottle of RainX.

I finally feel like I have all right tools for making sure my car always looks its best!
on October 18, 2015
I used this kit to clean and detail the exterior of my 16 year old Suburban. The quality of the products is amazing. The plastic headlight restorer works great, as does the scratch remover. The claying process (watch a few youtube videos to get the process down) was time consuming, but not as bad as I expected and worth the effort. I did use an electric random orbit buffer to remove the final wax. Overall, it does a great job and I am very happy with the results. I knew going in that my car wasn't going to look showroom, but it came out way better than expected. I am friends with a gentleman who owns a professional detailing service (he works directly for car dealerships); and he offered to do a similar service for $120, and that price was just because we are friends. He said normal price would be around $250 or so, depending on how bad the scratches were. He was impressed with how my car looks. I know it's not "professional" quality, and I'm sure his guys would have done a better job in some areas, but like I said, very happy with the results.

Only reason for the 4 star rating is that this isn't a complete kit, despite how it is listed. You really need to purchase the following items to get the car totally clean. The wheel cleaner is a very glaring omission, as is the window cleaner. I had to make a trip to my local auto parts store to get these items. Below should be some links to get these items so you won't have to run out.

Zwipes Microfiber Cleaning Cloths (36-Pack) Assorted Colors

Meguiar's G9524 Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner - 24 oz.

Mothers Wheel Brush

Meguiar's G8224 Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner - 24 oz.

Carrand 94102 Car Wash Bucket, 3 Gallon Capacity
review image review image
on July 6, 2011
The bottles are defective and Meguiar's knows and does not care. I got mine with the Quik Detailer bottle split at the bottom, had leaked everywhere, the towel, mitt and pad soaked. The products work great, but I am only giving 4 stars because these bottles are a recurring problem. If the manufacturer fixes the spray bottles and replace them with a bottle that is not cheap plastic, then it would get a 5 star review
on May 23, 2014
Last week I just wrote a glowing review about how much I love Amazon so to keep it real I'm going to write a review about this not so hot experience. I first ordered this kit a couple of weeks ago for what I thought was a great deal. And it was until I noticed that the wax and one of the two promised clay bars were missing. Of course not thrilled but also realize that things do occasionally happen. I chatted with Customer Service who as usual was outstanding. She made arrangements for me to return the kit and she rushed a 2nd kit to me. (she wasn't given the option of just sending the missing items to complete the kit) Which are being sold separately.

2 days go by and I received the 2nd replacement kit only to find out the very same two items were missing from this kit as well!
Once?? Sure it happens. Twice? (and being the same items) there is definitely a QC problem there. Sure I could run all the way across town yet again to return it but at this point I already needed to use things out of the kit. So I am just going to have to eat it looks like. I just came back from Wal-Mart where I spent nearly $20 to replace the missing items. So when isn't a bargain a bargain??

Right now!! (I really wanted to give only one star but Amazon is usually MUCH better than this and they did attempt to make it right the first time.) I want to help whoever builds these kits for your customers in the future. It is simply called an inventory checklist!!
on April 9, 2011
This is a great all-in-one starter kit to introduce you to a good lineup of Meguiar's products. I've always preferred them over others, and so do a lot of enthusiasts alike!

The wash mit is by far the best one I've found, and in fact I've ordered several since to make sure I always have a clean one (remember if it touches the ground, a wheel, or anything else caked with dirt, wash it before touching your paint please).

The Shampoo/Conditioner is the best I've found next to Pert Plus :-). It's a classic that suds/foams well and does a great job of getting off grime and washing off clean w/out residue.

The interior detailer is a great detailer that does not leave a real greasy/ugly after effect on your dash/equipment that some others do.

I used the PlastX on some old headlights and it seemed to work surprisingly well, I haven't been able to get them clean with any regular cleaner before, but i haven't tried any other specialty/target cleaners on them yet either so I can't necessarily compare.

Quik detailer is good for cleaning off that bird droppings the day after you wash your car and you don't want to do it again. Now if they only came out with a product to get rid of the birds...

I like the Gold Liquid Wax - I've only used it once though and i thought it looked pretty good afterwards and held up fairly well. I don't wax enough (I know I should) to really compare this well.

If you just want to get a feel for some of their products, just starting out, or need all of them - then go ahead and get this kit. You can't go wrong, as it is very reasonably price for the amount of beauty it provides to your car and your life.
on April 9, 2016
So I wanted to get my car detailed cleaned but it was gonna cost $175 for 1 cleaning..pssshhh....so I started my search for the best products to get that fabulous look and I came across this. First of all, my favorite of them all is the car wash shampoo & conditioner..it smelled so good and even when I washed away the bubbles..my car still smells like the car wash. That is the best car wash I have ever came across! Meguiar's is a brand that I will always stick to when it comes to cleaning my car. Wonderful products that do the job. I'm glad I ordered this!