Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 3, 2012
Great system, but like previous reviewer, you need to purchase additional items for full setup:

460 R (4 footpacks) ~174.95 MSRP
ARB 47" (2 bars) ~149.95 MSRP
4019 Fit Kit ~74.95 MSRP
Thule 544 Lock ~54.95 MSRP (optional, if want to lock the set-up so it's parking lot safe. 1 key for all 4 locks)

Total = ~454.80

the 460R Aero bars (ARB) have a new design that looks more aerodynamic than the original 460R (teardrop profile vs oval). The original 460R are d/c but some places (like amazon) are still selling out old stock, so be careful to get the right footpacks and other attachments to match! The 460 (without the 'R', which indicates a more rapid fit) are square.

The 47" bars above are the ones I got and they fit the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee which already has flush factory rails (get the 480R if your roof is bare). you may need different length depending on your vehicle size.
on June 16, 2010
I chose the Thule 460R over the similar Yakima mounting system just based on looks. I know that's bad, but I liked the aero bars from Thule better than the round Yakima bars. Personal taste though, right? As for the actual 460R mounting pack, they were easy to install and setup. They're solid and fit the car snugly. My only suggestion is to also buy the locking system that goes along to help keep your investment from being stolen.
on December 10, 2011
it fits on a bmw 325xi 04 with the Thule 3028 Podium Foot Kit for 460 & 460R Foot Packs.
review image review image
on June 17, 2016
First of all, let me speak to the Amazon rule about not swearing. It’s ridiculous. Like Mr. Trump, I have “all the best words”, “I use all the best words”, but in this instance the stress-reducing quality of using a well-placed curse word can’t be replaced. So whomever reads this, make sure the majority of adjectives as you’re reading this (hopefully in Morgan Freemans voice) are all your favorite curse word.

On to “Thule”. It’s in quotes, because I don’t think it’s a real company.

“Thule” has a section on their website where they have a place to pick your vehicle and it will show you “exactly” what you are supposed to buy to go from a car with no rack on it, to a car with a full rack-rail and carrier of paddle boards. In theory, this is a great practice for a company to use on their website. In reality, this is absolute horse water and it doesn’t work at all. I put my info in, got a recommendation, then purchased the gear through amazon to utilize my prime delivery options.

I get the packages, then I go to start putting them on. Only to realize that I had picked the wrong cross-bars for the foot pads that I got. This was my mistake because of the poor layout of their website. So, I returned the bars and found the correct ones. I have those shipped. Those arrive and fit the foot pads. GREAT! I begin to put THOSE on the car, and I cant get it to crimp TO the car for some reason. I call Thule customer line. I get a gal named Michelle after being on a hold for a literal 23 minutes. When I get her, I tell her my predicament and ask her what I am missing. She says that I didn’t get one more kit, the “fitkit” I say great, which one do I need. She asks “what have you already purchased, and what car are you fitting this to”. I tell her exactly the model what I have (footpack460R and aeroblade43) and what car. She says, “fitkit 4049, and you’re all set” I say thanks, she does her exit script response, and Im off. I order the fit kit ONE DAY shipping to get this absolute donkey ache off my back once and for all.

I get home and they’re there. So I take one out and realize that this is it, this connects to the car correctly…I think. FINALLY! I have what I need. Little do I know as Im following the IKEA-esque directions, I see that a machined, threaded hole that should be in the middle of the bar at the bottom of the foot pack 460R piece, DOES NOT EXIST. I am defeated yet again that this is not working. Im at a loss for words from the ill-equipped customer service, the terrible website, and the many returns that I have had to make all to save some money.
on June 18, 2016
Looks great on the car, easy to install with no damage to the car (there is solid rubber between the feet and any contact with the car, no chance of any paint rubbing off). We have already used them with our bikes and they worked great, highly recommend!
on October 28, 2008
Be careful when you buy this items here; there are no specs for what tpe of Bar will or will not fit. I had to refer to the Thule website just to make sure I was ordering for every part to fit. Also when you buy these you have to order a Foot Kit which is not mentioned here either.
All in all great item but be make sure you're buying everything you need to put everything together on your specific car model. Oh! and make sure you get some locks cause they do not come with the foot packs either!
on November 4, 2009
These podium feet are short and sturdy. It uses lug and nut to secure, unlike some OEM ones with clamps. This means more hassle if you plan to have it on and off often. The clearance from the bar is a tight 2 to 2 3/4" inches, which allows my car to enter garage with roof box on top. You also want to make sure your sunroof slides open all the way after installation. Make sure you also get their wind deflector.
on November 2, 2013
The threaded metal posts used to secure the Podiums to the vehicle have manufacturing flaws. The ends of two of the four metal posts we're miss-shaped, preventing the fit and use of any size Allen wrench (which is required for proper installation).
on July 10, 2015
Updated - Although Thule's Fit Guide gave me information on a foot pack and fit kit that would technically fit on my vehicle:
1) The fit kit fit poorly. I was nothing like a factory fit.
2) The Fit Guide failed to advise me that the fixed points on my vehicle were too far apart to fit any accessories (in particular a roof box) to the rack.
on November 15, 2012
Easy to install and no to expensive. I recommend this product if you are thinking about going to boxes or bikes etc. on top.