Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 3, 2012
Great system, but like previous reviewer, you need to purchase additional items for full setup:

460 R (4 footpacks) ~174.95 MSRP
ARB 47" (2 bars) ~149.95 MSRP
4019 Fit Kit ~74.95 MSRP
Thule 544 Lock ~54.95 MSRP (optional, if want to lock the set-up so it's parking lot safe. 1 key for all 4 locks)

Total = ~454.80

the 460R Aero bars (ARB) have a new design that looks more aerodynamic than the original 460R (teardrop profile vs oval). The original 460R are d/c but some places (like amazon) are still selling out old stock, so be careful to get the right footpacks and other attachments to match! The 460 (without the 'R', which indicates a more rapid fit) are square.

The 47" bars above are the ones I got and they fit the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee which already has flush factory rails (get the 480R if your roof is bare). you may need different length depending on your vehicle size.
on June 16, 2010
I chose the Thule 460R over the similar Yakima mounting system just based on looks. I know that's bad, but I liked the aero bars from Thule better than the round Yakima bars. Personal taste though, right? As for the actual 460R mounting pack, they were easy to install and setup. They're solid and fit the car snugly. My only suggestion is to also buy the locking system that goes along to help keep your investment from being stolen.
on December 10, 2011
it fits on a bmw 325xi 04 with the Thule 3028 Podium Foot Kit for 460 & 460R Foot Packs.
review image review image
on October 28, 2008
Be careful when you buy this items here; there are no specs for what tpe of Bar will or will not fit. I had to refer to the Thule website just to make sure I was ordering for every part to fit. Also when you buy these you have to order a Foot Kit which is not mentioned here either.
All in all great item but be make sure you're buying everything you need to put everything together on your specific car model. Oh! and make sure you get some locks cause they do not come with the foot packs either!
on November 4, 2009
These podium feet are short and sturdy. It uses lug and nut to secure, unlike some OEM ones with clamps. This means more hassle if you plan to have it on and off often. The clearance from the bar is a tight 2 to 2 3/4" inches, which allows my car to enter garage with roof box on top. You also want to make sure your sunroof slides open all the way after installation. Make sure you also get their wind deflector.
on November 2, 2013
The threaded metal posts used to secure the Podiums to the vehicle have manufacturing flaws. The ends of two of the four metal posts we're miss-shaped, preventing the fit and use of any size Allen wrench (which is required for proper installation).
on July 10, 2015
Updated - Although Thule's Fit Guide gave me information on a foot pack and fit kit that would technically fit on my vehicle:
1) The fit kit fit poorly. I was nothing like a factory fit.
2) The Fit Guide failed to advise me that the fixed points on my vehicle were too far apart to fit any accessories (in particular a roof box) to the rack.
on November 15, 2012
Easy to install and no to expensive. I recommend this product if you are thinking about going to boxes or bikes etc. on top.
on November 15, 2013
Very easy to install and very secure. I attached it to a Mazda without any problems in about 15 minutes.
on June 5, 2013
Folks,

So I was like, sure let me get this, there was no mention of what else you need. I bought it the roof rack and learned that I need the rapid podium from thule (this item), Well that was another $120, there was not mention about what else I would need. So I went ahead and ordered it. It arrived today -- to my surprise, you are still not done -- you still need the "FITKIT" (I guess this depends on your car, I have a Mazda CX-9) that is another $80 -- I just order the 3rd part. I hope that is it and I opted not to have the locks, I hope I will eventually get it installed. :(

BEWARE, DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!