Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Size: 33.8-Ounce|Change

on July 16, 2010
7 drops in an average little fish bowl with normal water and I have had a Beta for over two years now using nothing but this! Every couple of weeks, I rinse the bowl, replace water, put the drops in, done deal. Good stuff. Keeps your fish healthy. The end.
on November 26, 2010
Previous reviews were helpful. I use it everytime I change the water. The water stays clean for about two weeks easily. It says aquarium for fish but I have been using it for my turtle aquarium and it has worked out fine. The filmy residue does appear but just make sure not to use in excess and it should not be an issue. Also, if you are using this for turtles, frequent baths also help to remove the film from the shell.
on February 19, 2012
So, I used this initially when I first got an aquarium because someone else told me they used it. At first all was fine, it does what it needs to do by getting rid of the ammonia/chlorine from tap water.
Here's the thing, these water conditioners that have "slime coat" crap in them, the way they work is by BURNING the fish, the irritation induces them to produce their slime coat. I wasn't aware of this, but when I was using it, I noticed that some of my fish would always flash - swim rapidly up and down the glass - I didn't know if it was them being "excited" to have a water change, no, they were just in pain/stressed.
Anyway, after coming to the end of my bottle in like 1 month's time, I ordered Seachem Safe (powder version of Prime). My fish no longer flash, and it works better, way more cost efficient. Save your money, buy Safe or Prime, both are way better.
1212 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2010
EACH 1.69 OZ BOTTLE (50ML) TREATS 100 GALLONS. DIRECTIONS ARE: 7 DROPS PER GALLON OR ONE CAPFUL (5ML) FOR 10 GALLONS. I PREFER THIS PRODUCT OVER ANOTHER WATER CONDITIONER BECAUSE IT GIVES DIRECTIONS TO TREAT EACH GALLON, HELPFUL FOR SMALLER BETTA TANKS OR PARTIAL WATER CHANGES IN OTHER SMALL TANKS.
on March 25, 2008
The first, and only water conditioner I have ever used for my betta. Spike is now 3yrs old, and continues to thrive. I attribute that in part to AquaSafe water conditioner.
on July 4, 2009
We just got done setting up a 1000 gallon pond in our backyard. The bottle originally says "for up to 500 gallons". We have 10 assorted fish in our pond. And they are doing great. If you use this product for a pond you might consider adding it in an area of the pond with a pump. So the fluid can distrubute quickly. With in seconds the pond was ready for fish.
on November 6, 2006
Whenever you add new tap water to your aquarium the chemistry of the water changes, these changes can be very harmful to the fish depending on how drastic they are. So it's recommended you do a 10-20% water change every week to your aquarium to help reduce chemicals like ammonia and dilute the nitrites etc. But the tap water also carries harmful chlorine and chloramine.

Tetra AquaSafe removes both and enhances the stress coat produced by your fish, thus making it perfect to condition your aquarium. I've had no problems whatsoever with it, and it has greatly improved the overall health of my fish.

I personally don't use it with every water change (although its recommended that you do) but that's usually based on the amt being added and the condition of my tap water.

Use 5ml to treat 10gal
on May 16, 2013
First, let me say that I was told I was purchasing an 8-oz container of Nutrafin Betta Bowl Conditioner. When my box arrived, I had this product in the box in stead. Not sure what happened in the mix up, but I ended up holding on to this product. This review is neutral and does not reflect the fact that the mix-up happened.

Considering the volume of the container I got for the price, this is more than a good deal for a chlorine treatment. I usually use API Stress-coat, which, according to both bottles, should offer the same features. I gave this one a try one week during my regular water changes, and my fish seemed to behave normally. Nothing wrong with it. The item came as it is packaged in stores, with no signs of defects. It is a water dechlorinator for aquariums. That's what the bottle says, and that's what it does. No complaints.

I have one big problem with all of Tetra's products, and that is that these bottles are NOT SEALED at the top. It's a goopy liquid I'm supposed to pour into my aquarium. I am not qualified to determine whether what's in the bottle is what the bottle says it has in it. When I get API products, they come with a seal on top. This one, there's no telling if what I'm buying is what's in the bottle. Since this is an online order there's less risk, but I completely avoid Tetra products in stores because they're open containers. Do I know whether the employees thought mixing them around would be funny? Or if someone opened one up and got something in the bottle? NO! If it's not something I'd be comfortable with for human use, I would never use such a product on my pets. Sounds crazy, but you just never know. Fish can be delicate, and costly. One wrong move like that and you could ruin a tank.
VINE VOICEon July 5, 2008
This Tetra Aqua product is easy and effective for making tap water safe for aquarium fish. I like that the bottle has a squeeze top and a cap, has a narrow profile, and adds both slime coat additive and dechlorinator/heavy metal neutralizer. The product also eliminates chloramines.

Since chlorine and chloramine are both broken down with one tool, it's a superior product over the NovAqua Water Conditioner (but only if you have chloramines to deal with - you need to check with your local water provider).

With NovAqua you have the benefit of a product that adds beneficial water electrolytes, but nothing to cover chloramines, unless you also purchase the sister-product of Amquel. Remember, you want to add as few additives to your aquarium as you can safely manage, to decrease the overall ion load on your fishes' gills.

The narrow profile of the bottle means I can easily store the bottle among my fish stuff. It slides in really easily on my shelf of fish paraphenalia. It's a nice break from all those round bottles that leave a lot of space unused. It's also more ergonomic, squeeze-wise.

With the squeeze top, I can choose to add actual drops for small tanks or use the cap as a cup measure for larger tanks. This takes care of a problem many conditioners have that are either established for tiny tanks (ie - under five gallons...where you should only add a drop per gallon), and for larger tanks, where you need a teaspoon for every 10 gallons. So this one product can service those one gallon betta tanks from the squeeze top and those 50 gallon tanks from the cap. There are also equal measure marks on the side of the container for making up really big batches of dechlorinated water. Each raised measure equals 10ml, or 20 gallons. Anyway, I like that this container makes my life easier.

It would be an even better product if the inside of the cap was marked for each teaspoon amount (one gallon amount). As it is, I only needed to measure out a teaspoon the first time, poured that into the cap, and then marked that amount with a sharpie for future use.

In summary, if you have chloramines in your tap water, this is the product to get for conditioning your aquarium water. If you do not have chloramines, then I suggest the NovAqua Water Conditioner (to add electrolytes) instead.
on December 9, 2015
Conditioned my hard water just fine. I wish I had researched further because this has slime coat agents in it. I was planning to use Seachem Purigen in my tank and now I can't until I change my water. The reason being is slime coat agents ruin the Purigen so you can't reuse it ever again or it will be toxic to your fish. Do yourself and your fish a favor and get Seachem Prime instead, it's worth the slightly higher price. I'll either end up throwing out this bottle or giving to a friend.