Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on February 22, 2013
this toy is very well made and withstands all the chews and tears from my dog. My husky loves it! squeaks but in a deeper, lower sound so it's not as annoying as a normal squeaker. my dog is a medium chewer, but he likes to pull out furs on plush toys and tear them apart from the seams then....fillings everywhere...dog owners you know what I'm talking about :-) 90% of the plush toys I bought didn't last more than 2 days. But this hedgehog withstands all of that teething just fine for nearly a year. That's well worth the money in my opinion. I replace it every year and now it's the third one. For my 65lb husky a medium size is ideal, but a junior size is ok too.
on December 2, 2014
I just received this little toy. It is so adorable I seriously would like to buy another one. I'm not sure if mine was made poorly but my 10 pound chihuahua seriously destroyed it in 5minutes!! Usually she takes longer with other toys but this one she destroyed took all the fluff out and left it on the floor dead. In FIVE MINUTES!!!! Very disappointing
review image
on November 24, 2012
I have a small and a medium dog. The small guy just loves to squeak this little hedgehog and the medium pup thinks its her baby. She is very gentle with it unless the little guy tries to take it from her then she will stop at nothing to get it back. We have a few other Kyjen doggy toys and we don't really buy anything else now. The price is right, the quality is good and the dogs love them.
on February 3, 2013
When I saw this, I just had to order one for my Shiba Inu puppy. It fast became one of her favorite toys! It really is made well and it's so darn cute! The only thing I would change on it is to not have the little pink feet sewn on. She has almost chewed them off. It's nice that they are very small feet. All else seems to be chew proof.
on June 7, 2013
I'm truly amazed by this toy. After after a few months of daily play (mouthing, chewing and throwing) the squeeker still works, the fabric has no holes and the stuffing is intact. I've watched her destroy other stuffed toys in minutes. The little pink toes and nose are worse for wear but they're still there. It's a small miracle.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 13, 2016
I have purchased about 30 of these Kyjen hedgehogs in various sizes over the years, and they are still the favorite toy for all my dogs. The small ones are good for playing fetch, the large ones are just the right size for disemboweling, and the jumbo size (bigger than a football) is great for playing tug-of-war. I got this "girly" hog and intended to save it for Christmas---when I accidentally opened the Amazon box in front of them, they leapt up, snatched it, and ran away with the poor hedgehog grunting and squeaking!

True, a tough chewer can rip these hogs up and get to the squeaky guts, but I take them away at that point and patch them up for another go. The pink toes on this feminine hedgehog get ripped off pretty much right away. Once they start to be more "patch" than "hedgehog," it's time to order again. And if you have a very playful dog as opposed to a prey-driven beast, this toy should last a long while.
on December 30, 2015
My pups absolutely loved this toy. I have two smaller dogs, so finding plush toys that they are able to carry is often challenging. Both of my dogs loved these "babies" The squeaker lasted much longer than other toys I have purchased. Although, one of my pups eventually popped the squeaker. My other dog kept trying to rip the feet off, but somehow he was not able to succeed and finally quit. I would suggest cutting off the string on the top of the toy, could be a choking hazard if they are able to remove it them selves.
on May 18, 2016
I bought this for my dog as a Christmas present after he survived a porcupine quilling. I know, I know, hedgehogs are not porcupines, but this was the closest I could find on short notice. He loves this stupid little toy, clearly not associating it whatsoever with his near-death experience. My dad's dog already chewed off the painted pink "fingernails" on this thing but it has otherwise held up to lots of playing.
on February 16, 2016
I got this as a toy for my dogs, they love it! The sound is really different and it surprises them every time they shake it around. I would advise against this if your dogs like destroying toys or ripping them up, it's not constructed to be tear-proof and could be ripped up easily.
on January 15, 2013
My dog is really good at unstuffing stuffed toys. I think the fact that this toy has no big limbs, ears or tail makes it harder for her to find a starting point. Bought it around Thanksgiving and it's still in one piece!