Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on March 12, 2009
After owning 3 messenger bags for my laptop and books, and having each one wear out in some (major) way after about a year/year-and-a-half, I decided to finally bite the bullet and get a laptop backpack. This one seemed to be at a good price ($35), and the reviews were nearly glowing with enthusiasm and praise, so I went for it.

The first thing I noticed when it came was that the picture online is a bit deceptive in that it makes it seem very small; this was not really the case on my smallish 5'8" frame. So it is a bit larger than I had expected, but because of that it holds a lot... and I mean... A LOT. After using it for a week now, I can say that the two strongest pluses are that it's built like a veritable tank (I've never seen such quality nylon before!), and it is designed in such a way that, even fully loaded, it disperses the weight well, and puts minimal pressure on your shoulders. Very good for the back.

All in all, I'm very happy so far. This bag lives up to the reviews, and I hope that it will last a long, long time for me.

**Edit: 3/30/09**
I just returned yesterday from my first trip with this backpack. Over one week, I took this bag on 6 plane trips, 2 bus rides, 1 taxi ride, 1 shuttle ride, and multiple car rides. I can say that it is definitely worth its price... and then some. It's ridiculously durable (and comfortable!), and with a 3-year warranty, I don't think you could go wrong with this bag. A definite must-have for those on the go! Highly recommended.

**Edit: 5/02/09**
Still loving this backpack, but I thought it would be good if I mentioned one downside that I hadn't expected. I had it out the other day in a heavy rain for the first time. I wasn't really out in the rain that long, but it was evident that this bag isn't very water proof. A book and some papers got fairly wet, and I'm glad that my laptop wasn't in there at the time.
66 comments190 of 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2009
For the price, this laptop cannot be beat. Sure, I wouldn't purchase this laptop backpack if it were being sold for what it was originally listed at ($170 USD), but that was BEFORE I had a chance to use it.

Today, I would purchase this backpack whether it is around the 30 dollar mark or the past 100 dollar mark. Why? If fits very snugly with a conventional laptop or ultraportable (I have not yet tested it on a 17 inch widescreen yet, however), all the while being able to put in a number of items including bulky items such as document folders and even multiple textbooks. It does this all without putting too much strain on the laptop, and is easily adjustable to be set correctly on the user's back without harming alignment due to pressure at the wrong point.

The easily accessible cell phone holder located on the backpack right strap is just gravy on top of all of the exquisite features offered by this fine product.

Buy this product. You will NOT be disappointed.
11 comment40 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2009
I bought this bag for my laptop prior to leaving for a four month trip to Texas. I liked the design and the brand, so at the price I paid, it was well worth it. I received it and was able to shove a whole lot of stuff in there with my laptop. I took it everywhere with me, tucked my wallet and brush in it and avoided having to haul a purse with me while I was out in the field. My laptop was safe, as was my camera, cables, batteries, and such.

Recently, my husband was sent overseas and I begrudgingly handed over my backpack to him for carry on (his laptop is larger, but it still fit, just wouldn't secure with the velcro strap). It made it all the way to South Korea without incidence.

One thing that he noticed, and I would like to point out. Light sprinkling, it can hold up to, but rain (real rain) it does not. Granted, it rains a LOT in monsoon season in S. Korea, but still for Swiss Gear, we were under the impression that it would be a little more protective from the rain. Now that we know, we can take appropriate precaution.

I know it says it'll hold a 17" laptop, but that must be without the strap. Mines' a 15.4 and it fits snug with the strap. I'd still recommend this bag, and if you plan to take it out in the rain, buy some of that water proofing spray at any outdoor's store.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2009
This is a quality product, it was bought for my Toshiba 15.4, it offers good protection, and has lots of storage space, that would be tons of storage space, i carry an extra key board, wireless mouse, external hard drive (Toshiba of course), all the documentation for the laptop, my PDA, camera... as i said lots of space. Quality product, offers space, protection and its comfortable to walk around with. the reason i bought this type of bag is because it is less conspicious than the generic type bag, it can be left in a car and is less likely that your car will be broken into because of the bag. good product i strongly recommend.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2009
This backpack is a quality product. It has lots of specialized pockets for all your computing gear and is large enough to hold the laptop and its peripherals. Best of all, when you travel, a lady can have her rolling bag and fit her handbag in this backpack so she has two carry-on items and isn't required to check luggage.
on December 21, 2008
so, this backpack is very big for me. I'm 5'2", and my son couldn't use it because it's too bulky for his school locker. He also is very lanky, so it's huge on his thin 5'8" frame. I think it's very well made, but I may have to return it because of the size.
on March 7, 2009
I ordered this on sale from Amazon. I was delighted when I got this backpack, it is extremely well made and had all the room I needed for the class materials I was taking to a class halfway across the country. I bought this backpack to travel with and it did it's job and then some.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is traveling with their laptop and needs extra room for books, magazines, notebooks and binders. Lots of space without being bulky.

This backpack is made extremely well and has some great finishing touches like the water bottle pocket that zips open and closed and a number of zipper compartments.
on January 31, 2009
Lots of storage and pockets. The folder compartment is great to have and the zip away water bottle holder is a well thought out touch. Lots of sholder support. Protection for laptop is very thick. Highly recomend this well made backpack.
on January 9, 2013
I have had this bag for 3 years and it is still in perfect shape. Awesome quality! I use it everyday to bring my books and laptop everywhere I go. The back part has a padded shell that keeps my laptop protected, even when I toss my backpack and forget my laptop is in it, it is always ok. The design is simple, but when you open up all the pockets this thing can fit a ton of stuff in it too. I use it as my carry-on bag every time i fly. I don't think Wenger makes this bag anymore so get it before they are all gone!
on January 4, 2013
I like this backpack and was looking for something minimalist for biking to campus, but eventually I wanted more in terms of externally accessible pockets and space. You can fit quite a lot of small things in this backpack but it bulges and is not 'square' with what it fits; for example if you load it with textbooks you will run out of space far faster than you realize. It will also have trouble standing upright on its own.

The straps feel high-quality but sort of thin. They are still comfortable but not as padded as others I've seen.

The material is hardly water resistant and will soak up just about everything.