Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Color: Black|Size: 20L in.|Change

on January 25, 2009
We live in MA and make use of a wood stove for our primary heat. I have been looking for a pair of gloves to replace the pair we wore out last winter. Our old gloves were from LL Bean and worked really well, to the point that I was easily able to pick up and adjust red hot logs.

These gloves don't offer the same level of protection. I can feel the heat and get burned much sooner than I did in the past. I think that they would work well for occasional fireplace or "low heat" use. I do like the extra long sleeve as it does help in keeping my forearm protected.

I would give them 2 1/2 stars if it were an available option.

Unbeatable Sale, Inc shipped the product right away and I received them in no time. They also included a pair of "thank you" mints in the package. A nice "old school" touch that you usually don't get from online retailers.
on December 8, 2011
Who needs a fire poker when you can just reach in the fire, grab the wood, and rearrange it how you want it. These are awesome and a must for a home fireplace. These were the longest ones that I could find which is important so that it goes up high on your arm.

Now, be realistic when you use these. It protects you from instant burns but after a while the heat comes through ... So don't just hold your hand in the fire forever thinking that you are invincible. Even so, they are pretty awesome!
on November 27, 2012
I had been skeptical about buying a pair of hearth gloves because I had been using welder's asbestos gloves to load my wood stove. Our cats urinated on these gloves so I was forced to get rid of them and could not find another pair.

The next pair of gloves, I purchased, were shorter so I always had burns on my forearms from loading wood into a hot stove.

I finally broke down and purchased these gloves - they are great!

I have not been burned since I have owned them; this is my second season using them.

They are well made and completely protect you from the heat. I had one of the copper pipes fall out of the roof of the stove into the hot coals, the pipe was glowing red when I picked it up and carried it outside so it could cool off safely.

I highly recommend these gloves!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 29, 2013
I had a hearth glove many years ago with which I could grab a log with red coals all over and hold it without ever having it get unbearably hot. This was back in 2005 and I could have sworn it was a gift someone gave me from pampered chef, but I cannot find it by searching their site, so perhaps it wasn't them.

This glove merely does an okay job. I can reach into the red hot depths of a fire and quickly move logs around, but lingering is not an option as it will get very hot very fast. If I do inadvertently grab a hot log for too long I have to quickly pull my hand out of the fire and remove it from the glove as it will retain the heat for a moment thereafter.

One might posit the question "Look, buddy....just how long do you intend to play with hot coals in a fireplace to begin with?". To which I might retort with "Listen...when I'm moving logs around in a fireplace I'd prefer not to react hastily because of experiencing searing heat. The old hearth glove I had allowed me to take my time and move logs where I wanted to move them accurately. WIth these gloves I feel that I have to act faster."
on November 15, 2011
Gloves are very flexible which make them easy to use. Long length makes them perfect for reaching into the firebox of a woodstove to grab or move logs. Offers plenty of protection from heat.
on December 19, 2011
The glove are excellent. Heavy enough to have no worries of getting burned but not too bulky. The long length is great, keeping your forearm safe from flame also. We use them to move logs into and within our fireplace. We plan on using them this summer out camping and when we BBQ. Highly recommended.
on December 28, 2012
Not much else to add to what other people have already posted. Tried three types of fireplace gloves - these were the best by far, and priced the similar. Can move around flaming logs and put back hot chunks that fall out of the wood stove. You can't hold flaming logs and carry them around the house... but great for intended use. Best of all, no more burns on forearms!
on May 11, 2009
i love the black leather with the red'ish seams. its lined with a fur type of material and insulates from hot coals/logs very well. the extra long portion is great.
on November 25, 2011
These gloves are heavy duty and long enough to reach a man's elbow. Great for carrying wood into the house as well as stoking the fire in safety and comfort.
on December 12, 2012
First I should explain the scenario in which I use these. I live in New York State (1 hour north of New York City) and use these gloves with my wood burning stove in the winter. I've had these gloves for about a month now and can't say enough about them. They are long and keep all heat off of my skin while adding wood to my wood burning stove, no matter the size of the fire inside. I have also picked up hot coals which I have knocked out of the fireplace without them even marking up the gloves (I don't recommend doing this, however). My wife and I use these gloves with confidence when adding wood or scooping ash out of the fireplace.

The only thing is, I received black gloves with red lining which isn't what the picture shows, but honestly they are nicer than the gloves in the picture. I would recommend these to anyone looking for safe fire gloves. I will update this review after a full season of use.

** UPDATE 12/3/2013 **

It's been just about a year since I originally purchased these gloves and am just as happy as I was on day 1. The gloves have held up to a good amount of abuse. They have been held in fire (literally) multiple times and have been in and out of my wood burning stove countless times. They have not worn thin in any places and I am very confident that my hands and arms are protected when these are on. I still recommend these gloves and when it comes time to replace them I will most likely buy the exact same ones. I don't see me having to replace them anytime soon though.

** UPDATE 11/13/14

It's been just about 2 years since purchasing these gloves and they are still great. There aren't any holes or damage to them and I use them everyday during the wood burning months. Very happy with this purchase!