Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on October 13, 2014
Bought two, one for my 65lb Shepard mix and one for my 75lb boxer and they both love it!! Great investment for a great price!!
review image
11 comment180 of 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
I've used these beds for almost a year now and they have lasted well despite being the bed of my very destructive puppy. He loves this bed! He not only loves to sleep on it but he likes to pull it out of his crate and try to shake it and toss it around too. The only thing he managed to destroy are the paper tags, so I just cut them off. My only word of caution is do not put these beds in the dryer!!! I used to own the smaller size (12" x 17" I think) and I washed and dried it all the time with very little shrinkage. But apparently this bigger size shrinks a whole lot more. I bought one and washed and dried it once and it shrunk up way too much to be usable in his crate anymore. So now I am buying two more so I can have a spare while the freshly washed one is air-drying. These beds do keep their plush shape and if it looks a little flat, just wash it and it will fluff back up.
33 comments197 of 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2011
<Update - 2 years later and about 20 washings later (washing machine and dryer) it still works well. This would have to be one of our better investments, especially as our dog is getting old now and spends a lot more time lying down. I did eventually stop putting them inside the cover. For the past year, the cover mentioned below is just around the plywood and this lays on top of that. It is easier this way to straighten it out every day.>

It is about 3 inches thick and my black labs seem to love them. They are much more comfortable than their last beds (because they kept destroying previous fluffy beds). However they are older now and many other reviews attested to their beds not being ripped to shreds.

They fit our Midwest cages perfectly.

I made covers for them out of a cloth drop cloth so that when I need to wash them, I just need to wash the cover. (other reviews warn against washing and drying) and I also put plywood into that cover under this bed (the dogs kept kicking them every which way and now they stay put).

They seem well made and should last.

1 month so far and they are still in one piece.

I was forced to wash one of them and threw it into the washing machine and then into the dryer on the ultra delicate setting and it is just as good as new. No loss of fluffiness that I could tell compared to the one I did not wash.
11 comment106 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2012
Within minutes of putting this bed in the crate, my puppy took his first voluntary nap in it. Even though he has several beds, sometimes he chooses to pull this one out of the kennel and bring it into the living room with us. It's definitely dog approved!

He's now 6+ months old and this bed has taken his abuse. Overall, he's fairly gentle with the bed- but he has been caught chewing it and shaking it around. There are no holes! I didn't think any bed would make it this long so I'm very happy with it's durability so far.

Pets are an integral part of our lives, but I also love good design. Anytime something is functional, and good looking, I'm happy.

I highly recommend this bed.
review image
11 comment111 of 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2014
I've bought three of these. Two last year and one this year. All three different sizes. The first two worked out fine. My Jack Russell Terrier loves hers. She's slept on it for a year now and she sleeps on it today. As far as I know, the other bed has held up too. I got it for my Miniature Pincher but she decided she wanted to go to the bathroom on it, so before she soiled it up too badly I gave it to my mother for her dogs to use. The latest bed is the one I have a problem with. I bought it for my 50-ish pound American Staffordshire Terrier. I thought it'd be a great bed for him. He's a dog that likes a lot of comfort. And as far as he's concerned, I do think that he likes it. The problem I have with the bed is that it's going flat. I bought it on December 7th and it's now December 30th. I never would have expected a bed to flatten out so quickly. The middle of it where he lays the most barely has any cushion left (as you can see in the picture). If I didn't have an older bed underneath, I don't know that it'd be very comfortable for him.

Now I'm not really sure what to think about this. My other two beds haven't gone flat. Is it because he's a bigger dog and weighs more? Maybe. The bed itself is very soft, with a medium amount of cushion. It has little grippers on the bottom, so not to slide on hardwood or tiled flooring. I liked the beds I got last year, but because of what happened with the one this year, I have to knock off a couple of stars. It doesn't seem like the bed holds up very long for a big dog that sleeps on it daily.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment59 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2011
We just had this delivered today. It was purchased a 'gift' for a 50lb female lab-mix dog that we recently rescued. This is the SOFTEST, most luxurious pet bed I've ever seen! Prior to being rescued, this dog wandered as a stray for an extended period of time ... so we are currently enjoying this opportunity to spoil and pamper her as she adjusts to her new home and family. This soft, comfy bed will be greatly appreciated by this sweet girl!
33 comments49 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2012
I purchased two of these recently, for the living room & bedroom. It's REALLY soft, kinda wish I had a blanket made out of this stuff for myself. Now my dog is spoiled: he will only lay down in his bed. Somehow, the hardwood floor or the wooden deck are now unacceptable surfaces. He'll just sit there, waiting. Once I bring his bed out on the deck, he immediately lays down and falls asleep. Considering how soft this bed is, can't say that I blame him. A very good buy.
0Comment69 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2014
My dog was laying on his new bed before I had fully gotten it out of the box! Instant cozy appeal to my King Charles Cavalier - he knew anything this soft had to be for him.
review image
11 comment38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2014
I actually expected her to be merely ok with this bed but it has become her favorite. It's very cushy and she really snuggles in. The size 23x18 fits my 10 pound cat perfectly.
review image
0Comment39 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2014
We have two French Bulldogs and both adore this bed. We have hardwood, so they enjoy having a nice soft place to nap. We actually got this for our male dog after he had knee surgery, but both dogs have fallen in love with it. It fits his crate, but I had tossed it on the floor while removing the old crate mat and they just laid down and rolled all over it. It never made made it into the crate! But it's a great floor bed for them. Excellent buy!
review image review image
22 comments24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse