Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

Format: DVDChange

on July 24, 2014
After ordering this set, I began to have reservations due to the complaints about the description and format of viewing the movies. I am watching The Santa Clause right now! I'm so happy!!! Not only did the set arrive in two days, the package was carefully wrapped. The original cello wrap around the entire set. Then, each disc in it's original package, were also cello wrapped. There are extra scenes, deleted scenes and other extras on each of the discs.

I don't know why some had problems with the picture not filling up their widescreen tv's. Written in very small print, on the outside box and each of the plastic cases it says to be played on a Blu-ray 1080p format. Perhaps their tv's aren't set to the right format. I hope this helps some of the people who are having trouble with the movies. Maybe they can adjust the zoom or picture size on their tv's if their widescreen aren't 1080p. If I should have any problems with the rest of the discs, I'll update this review. A+ seller and set!
VINE VOICEon October 2, 2008
The three Santa Clauses films were a cute franchise for the Disney company. Tim Allen was and still is a hot Disney Property. The first film is a modern day Xmas classic. The other two films were good, but didnt live up to the first films promise.

Disney has smartly gave the public a gift, wrapping all three films in one package. However this version is full screen and formatted to a TV set. Others have remarked that is a problem, I dont like it..but many of my friends and family dont care if the film is the same as the cinematic focus. So I know what people are getting for xmas this year

So at the price of these films it is a good buy at the price and a great holiday gift

Bennet Pomerantz AUDIOWORLD
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 19, 2008
THE SANTA CLAUSE: 3 MOVIE COLLECTION is a three DVD box set that includes all three movies of the Santa Clause trilogy from Walt Disney Pictures. The three movies included are:

THE SANTA CLAUSE-Scott Calvin is a divorced Dad. Much to his ex-wife's chagrin, his six-year old son still believes in Santa Claus. On Christmas Eve, an unexpected visitor falls off of Scott's roof. All that remains of the visitor is a sleigh and eight reindeer on Scott's roof, a red and white furry coat, and instructions that if involved with the accident to put the coat on. Scott does and soon finds himself zipping around the world delivering packages through chimneys. He eventually winds up at the North Pole and is informed by a group of elves that he's the new Santa. Scott believes the whole thing is a dream and goes about his regular life. But as the year progresses Scott's hair turns grey, he gains a ton of weight, and his face doesn't stay shaved. Scott has to either accept his new job or disappoint children around the world, including his own son. Special features include "So You Wanna Be an Elf?"; Santa's Helper - a trivia adventure game; and "Making Santa snacks with Wolfgang".

THE SANTA CLAUSE 2: THE MRS. CLAUSE--Eight years have passed since Scott Calvin became the new Santa Claus and the elves at the North Pole think he's the best Santa ever. But there's a problem. It turns out there's another clause to the agreement that Scott made years ago and Santa has to be married. Santa has a year to find a wife and get married. Otherwise the elves' favorite Santa will be gone with no memory of what has happened. Special features include deleted scenes; a gag reel; "Operation Toy Box: Save Santa" set-top game; and the making-of featurette "Inside the North Pole With Curtis".

THE SANTA CLAUSE 3: THE ESCAPE CLAUSE--Things have been going smooth at the North Pole for over a decade. Santa has taken a prominent place at the Council of Mythical Leaders and has been a strong opponent to Jack Frost. Frost doesn't like it and believes if he was Santa, the world would be a much better place. His cold heart leads him to discover one last clause to the Santa agreement. If he can get Santa to say a particular phrase he will be zipped back through time to the moment he became Santa and someone else can take his place. Frost plots his move carefully and Santa soon finds himself zipping through time and living as Scott Calvin in a miserable world that would make Mr. Potter from IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE very, very happy. Special features include a blooper reel; alternate opening scene; "On the Set with Tim and Marty"; Christmas carol-oke; and "Greatest Time of Year" music video with Aly and AJ.

THE SANTA CLAUSE is the best of the movies in the set and the films progressively decrease in story development and entertainment value through the series.

The only major complaint I have about the set is that the films are all in fullscreen with no widescreen option. I prefer watching movies on my regular television in the widesreen format.

Overall this is a nice holiday collection available at a reasonable price. THE SANTA CLAUSE is the only film of the three that might someday be referred to being a classic, but they're all decent movies that the entire family can watch together.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2008
I've been waiting for them to get smart and put out a three disc set of the three Santa Clause films, since I don't have any on DVD yet. I agree with most critics in thinking that the first is the best (in fact, I think it's our generation's "Miracle on 34th Street"), the second not as good and the third not as good as the second. I still like some aspects of the third film though, especially the whole "It's a Wonderful Life" aspect of what would have been different if he had never become Santa.

So what do they do? They put out the trilogy in a reasonably priced set, and they only make it available in full screen!!!! I think that DVD sales have shown that most fans want the films in widescreen, so this is ridiculous. I've got to believe that the only reason they're doing it is because they still have a huge inventory of unsold full screen copies, so they're hoping that releasing it this way will move some of them. Well, I didn't buy them in full screen when you put out the first two as a set that way, and I won't buy them now. I guess I'll keep waiting for them to put out the set I want.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2008
I LOVE this movie and am disappointed that others cannot just sit back and enjoy this movie for what it is...a family movie to share with your kids and/or grandchildren. Every year after Thanksgiving when we come back from vacation we put the movies in and put up our tree and decorations.It has become a HUGE family tradition with us and it would not be Christmas with out it. I am thrilled they put it in a set and cannot wait to purchase it for one and two share it with my own family, I think this is our generations Miracle on 34th street like someone else said and am glad to have it to share.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2014
Not a better set of Christmas movies! Sometimes old movies are just as good and cheaper on DVD but this is not the case here. Up-conversion was done very well! Christmas classics! Merry Christmas!
on July 26, 2015
Great price for all 3 movies. I tried to buy just the first one and I saw this set for a few dollars extra and I am so glad I did. My son loves all 3 of these movies, he likes to watch them all year, not just at Christmas time. There are extra scenes and deleted scenes. Personally, I think the 1st one is way better than the other 2, but my son seems to like them all equally. The boxed set has each DVD wrapped individually, it is not one of those sets that has a flimsy holder for each DVD all in one case, there are 3 standard DVD cases for the 3 movies and they all fit into the boxed set.
on December 11, 2014
Received these movies timely and these are favorites of ours at Christmas. However, we got all ready to watch the 1st one and it skipped through out almost the entire movie. After careful scrutiny I found a very thin scratch across the entire DVD. This was brand new, still wrapped in the plastic and we could not watch it. Not very happy with the purchase at all.
on May 5, 2014
'Cutting the Cord' for television is at times easy and hard. Harder when it comes to Christmas specials, but thank goodness I found the 3 movie set for the Santa Claus. It is my favorite Christmas series. The box is a great set and decorative for Christmas.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
These truly are some great movies. The first one has become an annual tradition for me.

Our series stars Tim Allen as Scott Calvin, a divorced dad who doesn't have a good relationship with his son. In the first movie, a Christmas Eve accident finds Santa dead on Scott's front lawn. When he puts on Santa's suit to appease Charlie (Eric Lloyd), he finds himself under the Santa clause. No matter what Scott wants, he is going to become the next Santa. This is by far the best in the series with lots of spot on laughs.

But the time the second movie rolls around, Scott has grown to love his new identity. So when he comes under the Mrs. Clause, he scrambles to find a wife by Christmas Eve so he can keep being Santa. Yep, we've got another Christmas romantic comedy. But it works quite well and is enjoyable.

The third movie finds Santa dealing with a disruptive Jack Frost (Martin Short) who wants a holiday of his own. While he deals with his in-laws and other visiting family, his wife is about ready to have a baby. Will that be enough to make him trigger the Escape Clause? This one is more silly and slapstick. I enjoyed it more on the first viewing. Again, it doesn't hold up to the original, but it is still fun in its own right.

This set contains no new extras. You get the three individual releases in a box, so if you already have one or more of the films, there's no reason to get this one. Additionally, if you prefer widescreen movies, you'll want to skip this set since these are the full screen releases. However, if you don't have these films, this might be your best way to get them.

Granted, all three movies are fairly predictable. But they also offer great Christmas laughs. I know I'll be enjoying them for a long time to come.