Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Color: Stainless Steel with Gold Trim|Style Name: Rollerball|Change

on April 17, 2011
I bought this in late December to have a pen for class. I am working on my masters and take plenty of notes and I was sick and tired of cheap, plastic, throw-away pens. I was looking for something both durable and relatively ecologically sound. Plus I have always wanted a decent fountain pen, and I don't have a ton of money to throw away on one, so this fit the bill. It is pretty and feels solid, has a nice, balanced weight in the hand, ink flows smoothly and there is no scratchiness to the nib. I gave it 5 stars, but would rate it about 4.5 mostly because this workhorse runs through ink pretty quickly, and I find myself either changing cartridges relatively often or refilling the refillable cartridge... Although maybe I shouldn't be so harsh since I am using this for taking notes and I do write a lot. After using this every day for nearly four months I must say I am happy with my purchase and would recommend this pen as a nice entry-level fountain pen.
55 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2013
This is just a short video of what the pen looks like and how it writes. No talking, just a little demonstration of what you're buying. I am personally very happy with this purchase - It looks amazing, writes really well (once you figure out the angle you need to hold it), and is very well made. It feels heavy - which I actually like.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
This is every bit as good a fountain pen as other reviewers say it is. I bought it in my endless quest for the perfect pen, and it's just shy of that for me, because it's just a little too small to be comfortable in my large hand (I'm 6' 3"). Everything else about it is terrific, though.

As reviewers say, it's indeed a "wet writer," which means that the medium nib doesn't scratch but floats effortlessly over the page and makes writing pure pleasure -- which is a chief reason why you want a fountain pen in the first place. In fact, I like writing with it better than my far more expensive fountain pens -- I have two Mont Blancs, the huge one and the medium one, and the Parker -- which costs a tiny fraction of what the MBs do -- is the pen I find myself picking up when I just want to write (I save the big MB for signing treaties and bazillion-dollar checks).

I bought a Pelikan M600 (at five times the cost of the Parker) that fits my hand better than the Parker, but the nib feels more fragile and pliable than the bulletproof Parker nib, so I find myself babying the Pelikan while I write, which takes more effort and is less comfortable.

There are some minor drawbacks to the Parker. Like any fountain pen, it'll go dry if you leave it uncapped without writing for a few minutes. And its reservoir (you gotta use bottle ink to have the full experience) is smaller than I'd prefer, a byproduct of its slim size.

If Parker made a thicker version of this same pen, I'd buy it and end my quest for perfection. Despite its less-than-ideal size for my hand, though, it's the best-writing pen I own.
on September 18, 2013
To start off... this is a very nice pen.
Depending on what ink you use, it writes incredibly smooth.
I have used everything between Waterman wet inks to Montblanc iron gall inks, and have not had a problem with the smoothness.
I ended up buying a parker converter because I could not find any information of it having one, but it DOES come with it.

Pros:
Writes amazingly
Very sturdy pen
Looks amazing
Cooperative with many inks

Cons:
A bit lighter in weight than I hoped for.
I tend to like the heavy feel to a pen, but if you are into the lighter feeling ones, this will probably work for you.
Keep in mind, the lightness does not take away from the sturdiness.

It is a bit smaller than I am use to. I have more or less big hands.
Surprisingly, it does not cramp my hand up, but will take some getting use to if you are used to using a fat boy cigar pen.
on June 14, 2011
I am so very, very pleased with my Parker Sonnet fountain pen! I am a collector, of sorts, and had been given some birthday money for a splurge. I had the itch for a new pen so I visited several sites and marked several favorites. I do not have any other Parkers but I kept coming back to this one; it just appealed to me somehow. I absolutely love my new pen; it writes so smoothly and is so comfortable in my hand. This pen will not sit in my display case; it is going to be my everyday friend!
on January 6, 2013
Parker makes a good product and this one fits the bill. It's a good way to start with a fountain pen that is convenient and writes well. In case you missed the memo, cursive writing is disappearing in the USA. Not the case in UK and other English speaking nations. I am fighting the tide. Cursive written notes with a Parker pen are a nice way to maintain traditions worth preserving.
on May 17, 2011
I do a lot of writing in my work and this stainless steel Sonnet with the gold trim is my workhorse. The gold is wonderfully rich and lustrous and the pen is a butter smooth writer. Two years of solid use so far. The only comment I would make is that it is a rather "wet" writer. Actually, I love wet writers, where the ink flows easily and I can make notes quickly in interviews but if you prefer something finer and scratchier this might not be the choice for you. A classic pen too...I inherited 1960s Parker pens from my parents and chances are you'll end up handing this on too.
on February 26, 2014
This pen has received so many compliments! Great weight and beautiful finish. It even makes my handwriting better! I take it every where and I've even started buying shirts based on them having a pocket for this pen. (That's gotta be some sort of mental disorder, I know!) Anyway, I like it, it's mine, you can't have this one, but you can get one of your own! Recommended with no reservations, Vince
on January 24, 2012
I shopped a long time to find this pen. It paid off because I absolutely love it. Excellent grip, great flow and no ink blobs. I also ordered packages of reflill cartridges. It is perfect for letter writing and note taking.
on April 23, 2013
I use this pen almost daily. The barrel and cap are very impressive, and quite eye-catching. The thing about a pen like this is that it's only as good as the refill that's inside. I ordered the medium point; they shipped a fine. I threw it away, but had a heck of a time trying to find medium refills. When I did, the one I bought leaked, and was very scratchy. The second refill was scratchy, but did not leak. Being a patient soul, I used it for about a week, and it's come into its own and smoothed out.
I have some doubt that the body of this pen is stainless steel; it feels a lot more like brushed aluminum. Whatever. Once I found a good refill, I was able to relax and use it. If I lost this pen, I would buy another. That's all.