Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 8.75|Color: White|Change

on May 5, 2009
This product is a disappointment. Product is unstable and wobbles. Discouraging to cats looking for solid landing. Specs say it will hold 25lbs. Any cat over 10lb would find it tough to fit on shelf. The 5" width loses 1" to backer board- end result, a 4"shelf. When I contacted Pioneer Pet as per included instructions, I got no reply for 6 days. As soon as I contacted vendor (Litterboy") via Amazon, I got immediate reply from both companies. They offered to speak to me by phone to see if I had installed correctly. It is easy to install, so no help needed and no resolution. "Litterboy" response to my request for refund was; I could have refund IF: I had original, box, packing, all parts, additionally I would be charged a 15% restocking fee. $35 for a board and a bracket that wobbles. NOT happy.
66 comments|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2011
Easy to install. In fact, easy to change your mind and move to another location. We have cats of all sizes. Large and small are using it. Could be a little larger net square inches sitting area, but the cats are not complaining. I am actually going to order more, adding to the two we already have. We use them as vertical stepping shelves to a high larger shelf, as opposed to an actual sitting shelf.
I would recommend this product to anyone for this purpose in particular.
Sydney
on May 22, 2011
I volunteer at an animal shelter and when I read the other review, I thought I should write one too. We have 2 of these installed at our shelter where we have 80 - 90 cats so lots of different cats get a chance to use these at all hours of the day. If it were a poorly made product, believe me it would have fallen or broken by now. The cats love these and we have had no issues at all with the stability. Perhaps you just have to make sure you have a "handyman" to install it correctly.
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2013
The installation is fairly simple... some anchors into the wall, the bracket plate gets screwed in, and the climber hooks onto the bracket. The first problem I had was that the pre-installed screws in the climber were not even, so it would not fit properly on the bracket. So off it came and I unscrewed it, and leveled the screws, and hung it back on the wall. Even with the screws level, whole thing is not built true, but just slightly off. visually a bit annoying, but nothing major... If you have a touch of OCD or it's in a living room, it may drive you slightly insane.

The bracket that is attached to the wall is secure, doesn't move... BUT... Big problem - once hung the shelf is so wobbly my cat jumped on it, it moved a lot, she freaked out, and now wants NOTHING to do with it. AT. ALL.

The only thing I can think of to fix the wobble problem is put on an L bracket into the bottom and unto the wall to help support it. As is it is too unstable, and I'm afraid either the cat, or the whole thing itself will come down.

NOT TO MENTION, the shelf itself is small. I MEAN REALLY REALLY small. I think four of the five cats will actually be too big to fit on this thing.

Waste of money, and not worth returning. I'll probably try the L bracket idea... If I wind up taking it down it will leave huge holes in my walls which will have to be plastered... and impossible to match the paint up exactly. what a headache.

Find something else or make your own. bleh.
on February 5, 2012
I bought one of these back in 2009 and was VERY pleased with the product, in fact, it is still in good working condition. I thought I would buy 2 more Christmas of 2011 and make a climbing wall for my cats. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in the construction of these latest climbers. The very first time my youngest cat jumped on the first one I installed, the bottom (carpeted part) of the climber broke and almost completely fell off the wall mount (scratch post part). I took it down and tried to nail and screw the pressed wood back together, but it was no use. I hoped that the second climber I purchased would be better made, but it was just as bad as the first one. I am contacting Amazon and the seller for a full refund on BOTH the climbers I recently purchased.
on May 10, 2012
I bought two of these and both broke within a week. The bottom part (carpeted) split from the top part. My cat is only 13lbs so this is a very poor demonstration of its 30lb supposed capacity. After back and forth emails with the manufacturer, I finally got them to send me replacement parts free of charge (not without a fight). I will update how well the replacement parts hold up.
on April 18, 2016
I bought two of of these and they are nice and sturdy, and look decent on my walls. My cat still is getting accustomed to them, so I am feeding her on the top shelf until she gets comfortable hanging out on them.

*UPDATE* We've had them a month or so, and my cat loves them. She is at the point where she will just lie there and rule her kingdom. These are a great purchase and aesthetically they can be a unique artful addition.
review image review image
on January 2, 2016
As noted by another reviewer, the sisal is not attached well to the backing, causing it to unravel and buckle. So I haven't installed these yet as I have been unable to do the necessary repairs (I will need a staple gun to reattach sisal). Since staples were used in part of the construction, I don't know why they didn't reinforce the sisal since the glue is practically useless. I also have the large wall climber, and the sisal is stapled on it, although I will probably put more since my kitties are a bit destructive, especially if they sense weakness. Ha! I will write an update once I get them up.
review image review image
on August 8, 2015
Cats love these... after we made some modifications and repairs

We bought 5 of these so far.

The first Shelf seemed sturdy construction before mounting, but with the way it is supposed to mount it wobbled too much with three 8-12lb cats and none would use it. We added 2 L-Brackets to attach to the wall and now all love it.

The second was just like the first, good construction, but not steady under chunky cats. Again, 2 L-Brackets made everyone happy.

Shelves 3, 4, and 5 were purchased together and all were messed up:
- the sisal mat that's glued to the upper portion was falling off all three shelves. I used staples on the back to reattach, but it is still bubbling out on the front where it stretched weird.
- 2 of the 3 shelves had holes drilled so the upper part attached crooked - this didn't effect us much as we already planned on using the L-Brackets, but it made it stick out from the wall and was more unsteady than our original two and could be an issue for anyone not using L-brackets
- One of the brackets that mount to the wall came bent. It was difficult to attach the shelf to it even after we tried straightening it.
- all three of these were wobbly and was fixed with the L-Brackets

Even with needing the L-brackets, I would gladly gave a 5 star review had the last batch I ordered came in better condition. After all repairs, the cats love them and are hardly ever on the floor anymore.
on March 18, 2013
Although this item is fairly well made, the bottom platform is only supported at one place along its edge, so it "springs" when the cats jump on/or off it - sort of like a diving board. This makes it noisy, and the cats don't seem to trust it, they are not using it. Some L-brackets might help, but they will be unattractive, which is a shame because the shelf is nice looking.

Pros: assembled and installed easily.