Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 11, 2012
I have a sister that no longer eats meat. A nephew who is gluten and lactose intolerant. A father on restricted diet, and two organic only other relatives...and after a health related recent death in the family, everyone is eating more natural healthy foods. So instead of the trusted meat and cheese and popcorn snack gift baskets this year, I decided to purchase these for Christmas gifts instead, being healthy fruit and all, right? I ordered an extra one for the office to eat, and opened it the day it came. First of all, the fruit is noted to be preserved with sulphur dioxide or potassium sorbate and/or sodium benzoate on every item. Not sure what any of those are but it doesn't sound like something that would be preferred with dried fruit. Also the fruit is "processed with cane sugar"? Some of the pieces were so sickening sweet I had to spit them out. There is red coloring for the cherries (which were preserved with all three of the above listed preservatives), with several references on other so called natural dried fruit of including corn syrup -AND- HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!! Really!? Packed in USA, but fruits come from Argentina, Thailand, Turkey and USA, so you pick. I am definitely going to get a lecture from at least two of the gift recipients on this one on how I really should be more aware of labels before I buy, and surely a good majority of the items on the tray will be discarded without being eaten (since I tried them myself). I didn't think I'd have to worry about reading an ingredients label with dried fruit. Disappointed but no time to return for other gifts.
on May 12, 2012
Rather than chocolates I thought this would be a healthy option as a present. It was well received and apparently tasted good, or so my daughter tells me
on August 27, 2012
I purchased this for an elderly person that is on a strict diet and he was very pleased with the item. Very nicely packaged and also very tasty.
on April 9, 2013
I buy these as gifts to relatives (specifically older ones, or weight conscious ones), and i think they make lovely gifts. I love that the delivery is on time, and the dry fruits are "fresh" (by that i mean dried, but still moist and easy to bite into and chew).
on January 13, 2014
The only reason I gave this two stars instead of one is because the packaging is very nice. However, the fruit is not only stale, but is so old that it has totally dried out. Yes, I realize it is "dried fruit" but this type of dried fruit is supposed to be moist so that you can at least chew it. The only way to enjoy this is to chop it up, cook it and either make preserves or fried pies. I ordered 6 of these ; one for myself and 5 for gifts, and I was totally embarrassed. I've had other brands that were really good. Pass this one up.
on April 29, 2013
I was disappointed that this was just regular ole dried fruit that I could have bought at the supermarket. Nothing special at all. Not worth the money.
on February 9, 2013
This was a gift for my mother and she loved it. She said it looks exactly as pictured and everything was fresh and delicious.
on January 2, 2013
I have been giving dried fruit as a Christmas gift for years. this basket was better priced, just as good or better fruit, as what I had used previously. I plan to order more next year.
on February 28, 2014
Bought it as a holiday present and the recipient seemed pleased! Came in a nice package and I was surprised that the fruit was still nicely arranged even after shipping.
on January 27, 2014
Given as a gift -- the recipient was extremely pleased. We were able to taste-test and found the flavors to be very good.